Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 (1287 Views)

I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks / 8 Reasons Why Toyota Is Nigeria’s No.1 Car Brand / Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
After fixing a leaking top gasket, i needed to change my engine oil, gear oil and coolant. The engine oil and coolant had been contaminated but i decided to add the ATF just to boost things up.

before we start, anybody who is interested in 5litres of Total radiator coolant can get intouch with me, just #2000 only lagos residents please. thank you.

i will start ftom the easiest to the toughest

1. ATF change
2. Engine oil change
3. Coolant drain and refill

first tools used
pliers
14 inch spanner
star screw driver
oil filter chain
MRS 5w40 engine oil
Total coolant
oil filter
funnel
Texaco Texamatic 7045e ATF

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2016
ATF change Car must be cold before attempting this cheesy
first you check your atf dip stick, clean it and look at whats written there. mine is dextron II or Dextron III. so i decided to use Texamatic 7045e can be gotten in any MRS filling station. you will need 4 bottles of this. you can check the data sheet online for more info about the ATF.

remove the dip stick, go under the car and you will see a star shaped screw directly under the side of the dip stick location, get your pail ready, unbolt the screw and let the atf pour out. bolt it back and where the dip stick goes, put a funnel there and pour in 4litres of the ATF, insert your dip stick, check level and the job is done.

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Engine oil change (car must be cold before you attempt this) grin

Remove your engine oil dip stick and wipe clean, go under and you see a hexagonal screw, this is where you will need the 14inch spanner, get your pail ready, unbolt the screw and let the dirty oil flow. once through, bolt back and discard the oil in an environmental friendly way

Now use the oil filter chain to unbolt the oil filter, discard it, pour a little inside the filter and bolt it with your hand, to tighten, use the oil filter chain to rotate it three times or more, but three should be good its a bit hard to bolt because of the ridiculous location.

remove your engine cap and pour in just 3.5 - 4 litres of engine oil tongue replace the dip stick and engine cap, after 2 minutes or more check dip stick if guaged or just wait a while and come back and check. better you start engine and check for leaks at bolt under the car and oil filter location.
Shikena 10/10

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2016
Coolant change (car must also be cold) cool

There are three drain plugs as advice by the service manual, but one of them shouldn't be used because it will spill coolant all over a coil component which may cause damage, so i by passed that and instead used the one closest to the radiator cap. The red circle and arrow points to the clip you must bypass and the component it will spill its content on directly. Don't drain there embarassed

Now open the radiator cap, remove the radiator hose from the reservoir tank, remove the two plastic bolt holding the reservoir to the car body and drain the contents of the reservoir plastic. bolt back but don't plug the hose back yet.

with the radiator cap opened, remove the three clips cirled yellow, be careful with the clip on the right side, there is a sensor closeby, you dont want to damage it. Go under the car and remove the drain plug under the car. let the coolant drain out, you can flush with water before you replace.

After draining, fit back the hose and plugs tightly. if you notice, the plugs make a design on the hose, fit back as seen. Pour in your new coolant gently to avoid foaming or air bubbles inside. once full, fix the hose to the reservoir and fill the reservoir between low and full.

Check for leaks, if none, then start engine with cap still open and check for foam or air, you can only bleed through the radiator cap but if done properly, there should be no need for bleeding.

Lock everything and test car for 10 to 20 minutes with ac on to check for over heating.

Goodluck

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by mejai(m): 9:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
Mejai! present sir. I dey observe
Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
engine is better hot, when draining oil.
Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by diportivo: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2016
nurey:

get your pail ready.

grin grin grin grin

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 12:57am On Sep 19, 2016
diportivo:

grin grin grin grin

how do you expect this pail to fit under the car. ok lets say you were using pit, will you carry pail for head ni? cry

oya men in black, come arrest this guy

Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by mastro: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
engine is better hot, when draining oil.

Warm ideally IMO,I generally run my engine for a min or 2, so hot enough for improved viscosity (easy flowing) but not hot enough to burn.
Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by oneman11(m): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
Good DIY oga nurey
I am interested in your 5 Litres coolant
Pls is it advisable to switch oil brand from total quartz 5000 to the MRS 5w40 on a Toyota solara 1mz-fe engine with a mileage of over 170k miles?
Note I am base in lagos
Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by nurey(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
oneman11:
Good DIY oga nurey
I am interested in your 5 Litres coolant
Pls is it advisable to switch oil brand from total quartz 5000 to the MRS 5w40 on a Toyota solara 1mz-fe engine with a mileage of over 170k miles?
Note I am base in lagos

You didn't tell me the weight of the quartz 5000 but am guessing it's a 20w50 oil. If your engine isn't smoking at all you can switch and see how it goes but moving from an engine already used to heavy oil weight 20w50 to a lightweight oil can be detrimental Pls meet gazzuzz or honmusa for clarification

As for the coolant please call me or whatsapp me and let's know how to do exchange. Contact in signature. Also I think we utilize the same engine 1MZ and component.
Re: 3 Diys, 1 Service Manual And 1 Car. Toyota Sienna 1998-2003 by ironheart(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2016
Great job here

(1) (Reply)

Your Advice For Paymemt For A Car / Car Tracker Installation In Abuja / Nissan Pathfinder 2001 Model at 650k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.