Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,341 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie (4317 Views)

Top 7 Android Smartphones With The Best Selfie Camera / 12 Useful Things You Can Do With Your Smartphone Camera Aside Of Taking Picture / Pictures from Tecno Selfie contest in Lagos today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by phonedaddy: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
What is a selfie? A selfie is a self-portrait but you can have more than one subject in a selfie. The word selfie was actually first used in 2005, but beyond the history, taking a good selfie is an art. What's more, knowing how many selfies to post and which selfies to use on what social media platform is a much higher form of art. Few tips to being the master of Selfie as a fun art

Know your good/bad side
We all have bad sides. The advantage to being your own photographer is that you can decide not to show your less flattering qualities with a few tricks. To make your face look slimmer, shoot your selfie from slightly above.

Use Good Light
There's nothing worse than a photograph taken with poor light, but with phones like Infinix Hot 3 and Hot S that comes with soft flash you don’t need to worry much about quality of light, you can take that selfie both in day time and at night.

Use face beautification feature
If you're using your smart phone to snap those selfies, you can do them a lot of good by applying a filter. Again, Infinix phones comes with face beautification features that makes social media filters irrelevant to you. They can also give your photo that element of cool that you can't give it by deliberately attempting to look cool when that shutter fires. Because you know there's nothing quite as uncool as trying to look cool. Which brings me to my next point:

Don't be too serious
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with taking life seriously. But you should never, ever take your selfie too seriously. Your selfie should never make it look like you're trying too hard. With most Infinix phones you can take a selfie by mere saying “cheese”, “capture” or mere smile. It should look like you snapped that photo casually, like you were just out and about and it suddenly occurred to you to turn the camera around and grab an impromptu photo of yourself, which of course turned out to be awesome.

Stage it
Choose your location wisely. Your kitchen, in front of a pile of last night's dishes? Not a good place for a selfie. Your selfie should be taken with the background in mind. So wait to take your latest Facebook profile pic when you are in a stunning location, say in front of the National Theatre in Lagos or in front of Zuma rock. This will not only make for a better portrait, it will also paint you as a person who is interesting, and who does things besides just take pictures of herself with her Infinix phone.

Do Something Interesting
For a truly interesting and post able selfie, do something interesting, something to make your image stand out from all those other millions of selfies out there.

Don't Overdo It
You should take a lot of selfies, because that's the best way to ensure you end up with a good one. But you should only post a very small percentage of the selfies you take. Keep your selfie posting to a minimum. Beyond that, selfie photography can be a lot of fun and there's no reason why you shouldn't indulge in it as much as you like. Just remember that old expression, "everything in moderation." Take lots of selfie with your Infinix phone, but post fewer finer ones online. It's really easy to overdo those selfies.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
Yay! Learnt the art of selfie taking *dancing*
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by NaijalovesU: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2016
Demigod things
Demigods666:
Yay! Learnt the art of selfie taking *dancing*
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by NaijalovesU: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2016
All these steps just to take selfie??
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2016
onli succeeded in advertising infinix. op continu.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Onerandomgirl(f): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2016
Thanks @OP some of us girls can take selfie in ridiculous places. lalasticlala this deserves some attention

1 Like

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by izikjon(m): 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
ok
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by safas20(f): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
Who selfie help?
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
NaijalovesU:
Demigod things

cheesy abi
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by thatbiggirl: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2016
Lovely tips @OP i ehmm...i just have one question for you. How did you know all these tricks cheesy
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Africanman123(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2016
Since OP is a male am guessing your question is leaning towards Bobrisky side right/ wink
thatbiggirl:
Lovely tips @OP i ehmm...i just have one question for you. How did you know all these tricks cheesy
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by timbros(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
What's with all the reference to Infinix? What am I missing?
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by gonaij: 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lol, well researched post, but if you are in Nigeria some of these tips does not apply to you oo, if u go dey pose for National Theater make police catch you u are on your own ooo
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by phonedaddy: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
For your mind, if you are a demigod then do something about this recession...abeg
Demigods666:

cheesy abi
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
phonedaddy:
For your mind, if you are a demigod then do something about this recession...abeg

Only thing I can do for this recession is keep making more money for my self cheesy

There is nothing else I can do, go and meet bubu you guys voted him in grin
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2016
NaijalovesU:
All these steps just to take selfie??
safas20:
Who selfie help?
phonedaddy:
Africanman123:
Since OP is a male am guessing your question is leaning towards Bobrisky side right/
thatbiggirl:

[size=20pt]FOOLISH INFINIX MARKETERS![/size]

Onerandomgirl:
Thanks @OP some of us girls can take selfie in ridiculous places. lalasticlala this deserves some attention

[size=20pt]THE MOST FOOLISH OF THEM ALL! [/size]
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
KillerFrost:

[size=20pt]FOOLISH INFINIX MARKETERS![/size]

[size=20pt]THE MOST FOOLISH OF THEM ALL! [/size]

Baba, i just tire for this people

1 Like

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Smallbaby(f): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2016
LOL grin
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Smallbaby(f): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2016
So as long as your own economy is ok, you dont mind what happens to others. Nice one, but a time will come when all the money you make will not enough to buy what you need. Inflation and all
Demigods666:

Only thing I can do for this recession is keep making more money for my self cheesy

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Smallbaby:
So as long as your own economy is ok, you dont mind what happens to others. Nice one, but a time will come when all the money you make will not enough to buy what you need. Inflation and all

Lol I will make more money to cover all my needs.

I have divine back up.

So it's not really hard as long as I have source the money can come in from.

Even sport betting.(I'm no fan of football or most sports guys like)

All I need to do is a "money work spell" and that's all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by tech2477: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Must there be steps for everything? even to take a selfie? Op tried with the information but i must confess that the tips are needful though, but i will ignore the other part of the post though grin grin grin
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Mobileman829(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
LOL grin grin grin grin
Demigods666:

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by gonaij: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Boss!!! you have the right mentality jare
Demigods666:

Lol I will make more money to cover all my needs.

I have divine back up.

So it's not really hard as long as I have source the money can come in from.

Even sport betting.(I'm no fan of football or most sports guys like)

All I need to do is a "money work spell" and that's all. cheesy
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by phonedaddy: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
I wish it was that easy to make some ba kiss
Demigods666:

Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2016
phonedaddy:
I wish it was that easy to make some ba kiss

It's easy.

Only difference from the rich and poor is that the rich people have strong "solar plexus" which is very essential to making money.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Smallbaby(f): 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
LOL, solar plexus Solar plexus is located in the stomach incase u don't know, easy with the grammar oo
Demigods666:

It's easy.

Only difference from the rich and poor is that the rich people have strong "solar plexus" which is very essential to making money.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
Smallbaby:
LOL, solar plexus Solar plexus is located in the stomach incase u don't know, easy with the grammar oo

Lol.

I meant the chakra.

The solar plexus 666 chakra

It's the third chakra slightly above the navel/stomach near the solar plexus.
This chakra is the powerhouse of the soul; will, power, manipulation

This chakra is the grail of Lucifer.

You can see why it's very very important for it to be active and very strong.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Smallbaby(f): 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wow!!! Thanks for the lecture, so you practice meditation and stuffs right?
Demigods666:

Lol.

I meant the chakra.

The solar plexus 666 chakra

It's the third chakra slightly above the navel/stomach near the solar plexus.
This chakra is the powerhouse of the soul; will, power, manipulation

This chakra is the grail of Lucifer.

You can see why it's very very important for it to be active and very strong.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by thatbiggirl: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
grin grin grin ;DYeah
Africanman123:
Since OP is a male am guessing your question is leaning towards Bobrisky side right/ wink
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
Smallbaby:
Wow!!! Thanks for the lecture, so you practice meditation and stuffs right?

Yup. Power meditation for Satanists.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Mobileman829(m): 9:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Satan kwa? Do you believe in God?
Demigods666:

Yup. Power meditation for Satanists.
Re: Master The Fun Art Of Taking Selfie by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2016
Mobileman829:
Satan kwa? Do you believe in God?

The only God I believe in is myself and father Satan.

We are all Gods anyway.

Satan kwa?

If you will make comments only from one unverified source of information which is the bible.

Then I will ignore you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Longest Nairaland Thread / Night Mode Camera Test: See How Pixel 4A Crushed iPhone SE / Samsung Galaxy Y Pros Duos And Tecno N3 Users Experience And Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.