Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The Inequitable Advantage Guide To Blogging Success..... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Inequitable Advantage Guide To Blogging Success..... (449 Views)

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / From Fabric Selling To Blogging: The Story Of Olorisupergal (oluwatosin Ajibade) / From Modeling To Blogging: This Is The Enchanting Story Of Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Inequitable Advantage Guide To Blogging Success..... by nohitch: 12:56am On Sep 19, 2016
Have you ever wanted to start your own blog? Or do you already have a blog that you are unsure on how to take to the next level? smiley

From the moment you begin researching ways to make money online, you hear WRITING, WRITING, and MORE WRITING, over and over again. There’s a reason for that and we’re going to discuss how the written word can make you money, but YOU don’t have to be the one doing all that writing. Save your paper and your wrists!

One of the hottest ways to make money online is through the power of blogging. But, what does blogging require? What do you think? What ONE thing must you do above all else in order to blog?

If you’re like the majority of people, your answer probably included…you guessed it…WRITING! After all, that’s what a blog is all about right? On your blog you are sharing your thoughts with others in the form of blog posts that you’ve written - constant writing.

But before we go further I want to point out something, people tend to confuse a blog with a website and this continues to pose a problem to some who chicken out early and easily.
Even the Bible quotes that my people perish for lack of knowledge.
I will briefly differentiate between a blog and a website.

A web site can be seen as an online platform that contains information of an individual or organization. One thing that distinguishes a website from a blog is that, a web site consists of what we call hyperlinks that link various web pages on that site or another. What I mean is that you could visit a site like www.cctv.com and tend to see “links” that could either take you to their breaking new section or to another web site in total. Another distinguishable factor is that, websites mostly aren’t updated so often because the information they disseminate has a long term relevance. Just like e-commerce websites, social media websites etc. This is why facebook isn’t a blog but a website.

Now when it comes to a blog, it is a somewhat “similar-but-different” story.
A blog is mostly done individually, for the purposes of passing new information which has a short term relevance on a regular basis. A blog is updated as regularly as possible because 90% of the info blogs contain, have a short life span. What do I mean, if you are a news blogger, and you probably blogged about the death of Michael Jackson, who else will want to read it years after his death?. So to say you must keep your readers abreast with new and concrete info.

Then again there are 2 types of blogs: free hosted blogs and self-hosted blogs.
I prefer to use a self hosted blog because, I concretely remembered what happened to Miss Linda Ikeji some years back as well as some other famous bloggers. grin Using a free hosted blog has limits like pulling down your blogs with flimsy excuses, restricting the use of ads or banners to generate revenue, restriction to some niches and all that. Am not saying it’s totally bad to own a free blogger, wordpress, weebly or wix free hosted blogs, in fact as a beginner, it is advised to get your hands dirty with the cool stuff they have to offer. But for efficiency and independency sake use self hosted blogs. cool

Ipage.com, namecheap.com, godaddy.com, globalhosting247.com and others are great places to get your self hosted blogs up and running.
Here are some killer tips to kick start or accelerate your blog techniques.
1. Find the right niche/category you are strong and passionate about. Don’t go blogging about entertainment because it is giving someone else paychecks.
2. Start your blog from scratch, with or without experience, you need to learn. Experience they say comes from learning.
3. Write real and quality content on your blog, avoid quantity without value. Avoid plagiarism, it can make you lose your already existing and soon to get traffic. In some advance countries, a jail term is assured.
4. Use the social media to advertise yourself and boost your traffic. Do you know that most international bloggers DO NOT PAY for traffic, but they harness traffic from social media? shocked
5. Get a self hosted blog to avoid waking up one morning and noticing that your blog has been taken down for unreasonable reasons.
6. Turn your blog into a serious business, not something you start and joke with. Experienced bloggers now make as far as $500 weekly or more from their WONDERFUL blogs.
7. Update your blog regularly, not once a month or you simply welcome the idea of not seeing your blog make a single penny for you.

I have got a free guide I will love to share with you that will definitely up your blogging game, if you are an existing blogger or if you are new as well as for folks that are yet to start.

It’s a full 30 day course on blogging that can help you see minimum results in 30 days of implementation. Its for free and not for sale, lets say it is a way of encouragement.

P.S This is not some get rich quick scheme....
If you are interested, hit me a mail at info@nohitch.com with the email subject as THE BLOG GUIDE and I will reply ASAP. Please, please and please do not drop your mails here… Some people spam for a leaving. And they will keep bombarding you with junk mails ..i have got mail filters but your mails may not…

Will be awaiting your mails. Remember the subject is THE BLOG GUIDE and the mail is Info@nohitch.com.
Regards.

Modified.. .i am really sorry for giving a stale mail I don't use any more please find within the post the new mail address. ..info@nohitch.com
Thanks..
Re: The Inequitable Advantage Guide To Blogging Success..... by nohitch: 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2016
After mailing me please indicate here that you have mailed me..
For those who I sent the pdf please give your testimonies.
Thank you..

(1) (Reply)

Free Empowertech / Federal Ministry Of Finance Recruitment 2016 / Vacancies In A Media House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.