Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me (23793 Views)

Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by GreenPlumes(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2017
I have a very strong, brand-new bike. My employer has two cars. But whenever he wants to beat traffic on his way to a very important meeting or transaction, he would fuel my bike, and ask me to transport him.

Because of this, he feels his fuel is inside my bike, and would ask me anytime to take him out without refueling until whenever he thinks his fuel might have been exhausted. This is affecting me, as he uses more fuel than he buys, not to talk of wear and tear on, and depreciation of my bike.

How do I confront him politely?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by FullDepth1: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
Simple, stop taking the bike to work. Or take it to work, and park where it can NOT be seen. (DO NOT EVER ALLOW HIM FIND OUT)

Then tell him the bike is faulty. Do this 2 or 3 times. He will get the message.

It is cool to have him use your stuff (Could make you his favorite person), and you can easily get stuffs from him sometimes also.

It is Not cool, when he over uses you or the bike. Thats taking advantage.

Whichever way, Pls be diplomatic in your approach.

Cheers!

273 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by GreenPlumes(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:
Simple, stop taking the bike to work. Or take it to work, and park where it can NOT be seen. (DO NOT EVER ALLOW HIM FIND OUT)

Then tell him the bike is faulty. Do this 2 or 3 times. He will get the message.

It is cool to have him use your stuff (Could make you his favorite person), and you can easily get stuffs from him sometimes also.

Cheers!

Thanks

30 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by amuokuko: 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
I won't ve spoken better...

OP, I don't think there would be any other advise that beats the above...

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Idydarling(f): 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
u sure you've not had an experience in this yourself? no other advice can beat this one

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by idu1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

42 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by timbs001(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

Op, this is a full depth advice. cheesy

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by ITbomb(m): 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
Nothing more to add

Just come, quote the second op and leave.

25 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by AnodaIT(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
Exactly

15 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by osenidvdg(m): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
AnodaIT:
Exactly
Nothing against truth but for truth .
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by PrinceMario(m): 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
I don quote my own

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by sammyscholar(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
And what more can I possibly add? Absolutely nothing. This dude is very spot on
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

18 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by emmayodata(m): 11:59pm On Mar 06, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
The best advice

18 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by excanny: 12:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Guy there is nothing you can do , just continue carrying. Its better than being fired.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by dahmie2013: 6:12am On Mar 07, 2017
Op, I will advice u don't allow ur employer get d msg. U're even lucky he is fuelling it, some won't even do dat. If dat is d sacrifice u have a make 2 keep ur job, till u get anoda one, den so be it. Remember all these meetings are 2wards d growth & devt of d coy. It is also 2 ensure d payment of ur salary.

When u leave, dis act of kindness is what u will be remembered 4. As employees, we shudnt always be looking 4 what 2 take, but also how we can contribute 2 show some appreciatn 2 some individuals who decided 2 take d risks we cudnt.

If I were in ur shoes, I won't see it as taking advantage, but my own contributn 2 d company.

I know some places where d staff come 2 work on Saturdays, yet no overtime payment & dey work with so much gladness of heart.

May God give u d wisdom 2 make d right choice, cos I can imagine his expression or how he will feel d moment he gets d msg, u automatically enter his black book.
It is well!

37 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by columbus007(m): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2017
A relationship btwn the employer and the employee ,Op! If only you know what others are missing,see its one thing of a job security,secondly wait let him find out,Note there's nothing hidden under d sun,watch him fined out and get the bullet.because of ordinary okada undecided

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by tellwisdom: 8:06am On Mar 07, 2017
Somersault with him,maybe inside lagoon or river; but make sure you wear protection undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
I am here too

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by idbami2(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2017
No worry, time go dey wey yyou go reap pass wetin yyou don sow.. E fit no even bi yyour boss wey go repay yyou

Oya, come, make I pray fr yyou

7 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by ibnzubair(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2017
Politely?
Just tell him the truth and end it with"no hard feelings"
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Flexherbal(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2017
You need wisdom to deal with this
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 07, 2017
Nothing is easy! The fact your Oga even know your name sef cheesy some people work for years treated bad and oga no go even feul sef at least he epp you small ..

Just think about it small inconvenience or unemployment choose one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Tripleb: 8:08am On Mar 07, 2017
My own is what kind of bike is it Na power bike or okada...
And there is nothing like selfless service!
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by osemoses1234(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Rockyfancino(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2017
Just tell him you don't mean to disrespect him, but that is transporting consumes more fuel than he thinks and it's affecting you.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Frank3n2(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2017
You have two options.. Quit your job OR clam say your bike don spoil grin
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Viking007(m): 8:10am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:
Simple, stop taking the bike to work. Or take it to work, and park where it can NOT be seen. (DO NOT EVER ALLOW bike is faulty. Do this 2 or 3 times. He will get the message.

Cheers!
Thread closed. Case settled.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by sochima1989(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2017
From the point of your description.. my guy tell your boss to buy the bike from you cos of the running and acquaintance cost

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by eezeribe(m): 8:12am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

OK

Is it because of RECESSION that people are being stingy with likes
Your comment suppose don chop 1000likes if not because of this recession that is affecting data subscription.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by hucienda: 8:12am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

Twale baba!

Case dismissed.

Next!
angry

4 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by babyfaceafrica: 8:12am On Mar 07, 2017
dahmie2013:
Op, I will advice u don't allow ur employer get d msg. U're even lucky he is fuelling it, some won't even do dat. If dat is d sacrifice u have a make 2 keep ur job, till u get anoda one, den so be it. Remember all these meetings are 2wards d growth & devt of d coy. It is also 2 ensure d payment of ur salary.

When u leave, dis act of kindness is what u will be remembered 4. As employees, we shudnt always be looking 4 what 2 take, but also how we can contribute 2 show some appreciatn 2 some individuals who decided 2 take d risks we cudnt.

If I were in ur shoes, I won't see it as taking advantage, but my own contributn 2 d company.

I know some places where d staff come 2 work on Saturdays, yet no overtime payment & dey work with so much gladness of heart.

May God give u d wisdom 2 make d right choice, cos I can imagine his expression or how he will fill d moment he gets d msg, u automatically enter his black book.
It is well!
OP please flee from this advice!!!!

10 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by HayZee06(m): 8:12am On Mar 07, 2017
Jst talk to him politely and remember to say 'no offence sire' whenever u say something u think might provoke him

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Power Of Numbers- By Oliver Tan- The True Story / A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / Photos Of A Physically Challenged Vulcanizer In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.