Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,998 members, 7,849,009 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency (706 Views)

Nigerian Traditional Medicine Practitioners Offer To Treat Buhari / Presidency - We Spent Less Than N20.5m On Buhari's Ear Treatment / BBC Mocks Buhari's Ear Infection With A Sarcastic Question, Nigerians Blast(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by catchfun: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2016
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, has revealed that the presidency spent less than £50,000 (N20.5m) on the treatment of an ear infection of President Muhammadu Buhari in the United Kingdom.
Shehu in a Facebook post on Sunday night while responding to an allegation by Prof. Farooq Kperogi that Buhari spent £6m during his treatment in June, said Buhari’s government is known for accountability and curbing waste.
Shehu said the Presidency had approved over £50,000 for the President’s treatment but Buhari rejected it.
Mynd44,lalasticlala
http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/19/spent-less-n20-5m-treat-buharis-ear-infection-presidency/
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by emamos: 9:54am On Sep 19, 2016
it cld be treated in naija hospital with less amount.
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by Flexherbal(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Nigerian leadders!
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 19, 2016
;Dna so, .......na so

1 Like

Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by techinfong: 10:09am On Sep 19, 2016
Eyi ga ju
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by TippyTop(m): 10:28am On Sep 19, 2016
Shehu said the Presidency had approved over £50,000 for the President’s treatment but Buhari rejected it

Why didn't he treat himself in Nigeria like he told federal civil servants?
CHANGE begins with Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by Funlordjnr: 11:28am On Sep 19, 2016
grin

Abeg ear dey worry me too....I just need £50000 to get better!

Kindly donate all funds to "skye bank account number 0419007666, account name pluto faka williams"...thanks and god bless!

**coughs**
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2016
The President is encouraging health tourism by constantly travelling abroad to attend to his health challenges. Why do the government spend so much on medical schools if the products cannot be trusted to treat the nation's leader?
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by Flyingngel(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2016
Funny set of people
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by tobechi74: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
the ear is a golden ear. The eardrum is made of diamond
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by AfroBlue(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
the professor says he's not the source of the devil's lies grin

Buhari’s £6million Ear Infection Treatment: Blame Vanguard – Prof. Farooq Kperogi
6 hours ago by Owolabi Oluwasegun

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/buharis-6million-ear-infection-treatment-blame-vanguard-prof-farooq-kperogi/#ohiddXpTMCZVMEc5.99

Prof. Farooq Kperogi has taken to his social media account on Facebook to deny reports which claims he’s the source of the news circulating about the amount spent on President Muhammadu Buhari’s ear infection treatment.

The popular analyst and US-based educationist rather pointed an accusing finger at news agency, Vanguard, noting that the news source had earlier reported that the presidency spent a total of six million pounds.

This comes after the presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu had expressed his disappointment as regards a Facebook post shared by Kperogi.

Kperogi, denying responsibility wrote: “I didn’t make up the allegation that Buhari spent 6 million pounds to treat his ear infection. It’s been around since June. It was even reported in the Vanguard of June 9.

“Now, I am the first to admit that Vanguard isn’t always a reliable source of news (I have written at least two scathing articles on Vanguard), but it’s also true that Vanguard is Nigeria’s most visited online news source, outranked occasionally only by Punch, according to Alexa.

“You ignore it at your own risk. The presidency must be aware of this allegation. Why haven’t they denied it and set the records straight? Well, it’s probably because they didn’t or don’t want to lend wings to an embarrassing revelation. If they were never aware of this allegation until I brought it up in my column and status update, then they are more clueless than I thought.”
Re: We Spent Less Than N20.5m To Treat Buhari’s Ear Infection – Presidency by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Something an old man in ma village can resolve with N500 only.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Blame Game: Gowon Vs Ojukwu, GEJ Vs Shekau, Buhari Vs Nnamdi Kanu / Which Country Would You Wish To Come From In Your Next World?? / Labour, Workers Kick As FG Eyes Pension Fund-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.