Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,852 members, 7,824,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Hilarious: Honest Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hilarious: Honest Visa Application (1229 Views)

Uk Visa Application Mistake / Qatar, Kuwait, UAE (Dubai) Visa Application information Needed. / South Africa Visa Application Delay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by styrax(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2009
By Victor Ehikhamenor
October 9, 2009 03:51AMT
NEXT 234next.com

To whomever it may concern, I wish to apply for a visa to your country. Let me be upfront with you, if you grant me entrance to your country I am not coming back to Nigeria anytime soon.

As usual, scan my documents with your sea-blue eyes and perfect white fingers, they are all genuine. I have three masters in various fields, but who is counting. I have a wife (not through arranged marriage, as you can see from the elaborate wedding album I have included in this application) and we have legitimate children here in Nigeria but don't worry about how they are going to cope in my absence. Let me deal with that separation anxiety and trauma.

I am being honest with you, because I don't want to be the butt of your drinking jokes in highbrow Ikoyi and Victoria Island gatherings.

Truth be told, it is in your interest to grant me and many other Nigerians visas and let me tell you why.

- The exorbitant visa fees you are charging me and thousands of Nigerians will go a long way to help your sagging economy and secure your job here in Nigeria.

I don't think you really fancy eating McDonalds' happy heart-stopping meals instead of your fresh organic salad, imported steaks, Thai food or Italian a la carte that you enjoy in Lagos.

- When I get to your country, with my numerous degrees, I am willing to take jobs your fellow citizens abhor and feel are beneath their blue-blooded feet. I will flip burgers and wash dishes with bare hands. I will accept a security job in a run-down, gun-toting, hard-drug-infested, needle-sharing and high school dropout neighbourhood.

- I will happily work the graveyard shift in your nursing and old people's homes, helping the aged parents you left behind. I will be responsible for prolonging the life of your really old parents, because I will change elderly diapers, wipe their wrinkled brows. I will turn and reposition them to avoid bedsores and make sure they take their medications. At social recreation I will tell them sweet tales about the Africa they don't know and will never know. I will tell stories about a country that treats their children with human kindness and tropical warmth. But I won't say a word that while they are abandoned in a lonely nursing home, eating pureed food and drinking awful tasting Ensure, you feast regularly on three course meals in four-star restaurants, swigging SWAN water and VSOP. I will not tell your parents that you have servants tending you and your dog in a spacious seaside house, while they have only me to take care of them and eight other geriatrics in an overcrowded facility. I won't tell your aged mother that you have a gardener who replenishes your vase every morning with fresh roses, lilies and orchids while she stares at a sagging basket with a fake-plastic fig tree all day long. The secret of your lush life in my country is safe with me.

- I will not pose any security risk in your country. Your citizens can sleep with both eyes closed, because I will never engage in a course that will not benefit me directly. Nobody is going to convince me to tie a bomb round my Nigerian chest and blow myself to pieces. You have lived in Nigeria long enough to know we are not suicide happy and we do not partake in non-economically viable adventures.

- In trying to regularise my stay and wriggle out of the "illegal immigrant" stigma, I will marry one of the many single mothers left to their woes by a non-present prison happy boyfriend. I will rent her a nice apartment and stepfather her children, while my children here yawn and gape at the Western Union line. I will remove her from the welfare list, less headache for your taxpaying citizens. I know I have told you earlier that I am married and polygamy is probably unlawful in your country. But technically, my Nigerian wife and children are not resident in your country, and your law does not cross the Atlantic Ocean like captured slaves.

- In filing my papers, I will make one of your quack lawyers richer.

- Your Internal Revenue department is free to overtax me, your police can harass me, your immigration officers can detain me despite my legitimate documents of lawful marriage and co-habitation, my employers can deny me promotions because of my accent and skin colour, my boss who has only high school certificate can correct my English language, your country can dehumanise me and see me as a tree-living National Geographic creature. I won't blame you because my visionless leaders compromised me.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation, and please remember you have more to gain by granting me this visa.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Opinion/Editorial/5467976-147/EXCUSE_ME:_Honest_visa_application_(HVA).csp
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by Stealthy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
Loooool!!!
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by violent(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2009
buhhahhahaahaahhaaaahhaahha,
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by queenesthr(f): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2009
Visa granted! cheesy
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by tunnytox(m): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2009
hillarious!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by tunnytox(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
honestly styrax, you seems to have a very good knowledge of the UK, i hope you visa is granted at least you pose no security threat and only lending a helping hand grin grin grin, you are such a nice fella, goodluck my man
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by DrKitaun(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2009
To thee I grant MULTIPLE ENTRY . . . no rather I should say PERMANENT RESIDENCY FOR LIFE !!! grin
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by MT: 11:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
Waow!, Seun, where are you ?. This piece must make the homepage for easy access by the consular grin

Meanwhile, your british paali is hereby granted !
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by babareketaiwo(f): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2009
I HAVE A VALID ECOWAS E PASSPORT WITH CHINA VISA TO DISPOSE INTERESTED PERSON SHOULD CALL 08061628171 OR 08029491540. NOTE THAT THE SAID VISA AND PASSPORT HAS BEEN COLLECTED WITH MY NAME.
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
@ babareketaiwo

U are a criminal. E-passport has your finger print and nobody else can use it.
Whoever buys it will be arrested as soon as the person gets to the airport.
Why not keep it? Oh cos u are wanted person, probably committed crime with it. Thief!!
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by OAM4J: 11:37pm On Oct 15, 2009
babareketaiwo:

I HAVE A VALID ECOWAS E PASSPORT WITH CHINA VISA TO DISPOSE INTERESTED PERSON SHOULD CALL 08061628171 OR 08029491540. NOTE THAT THE SAID VISA AND PASSPORT HAS BEEN COLLECTED WITH MY NAME.

Criminal, get out of here.
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
babareketaiwo:

Stop encouraging what is not good, you fraudulent vagabond!
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by mamagee6(f): 1:48am On Oct 16, 2009
What a blooming thief!! angry
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by spikedcylinder: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
LOL!
Is this a genuine application though or just a joke?
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by muffins(f): 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2009
I don't trust this lying poster for some reason. undecided
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by shollyaj(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2009
@ poster, that's awesome, u should be granted Visa a thousand and one times.
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by symbian03(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2009
Ha poster, I'm short of words. But you're though funny
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by kemmy100: 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2009
true talk, abeg tell them well well ooooo
let them know that you know whats happening here oo, all in the name of abroad.
Re: Hilarious: Honest Visa Application by bluespice(f): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2009
im pretty sure no one actually wrote this
bit its funny all the same

(1) (Reply)

Need Of A Cyprus Visa / Five Things You Must Do While In Dubai / Air Nigeria Launches Long-haul Operations With Daily Lagos-gatwick Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.