Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,721 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Pedestrian Bridges, Attitude And Way Forward - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pedestrian Bridges, Attitude And Way Forward (377 Views)

Invigilator’s Attitude And Its Relationship With Exam Failure Amongst Students / Attitude And Perception Of People In Lagos Metropolis Towards Transit Advert / JAMB - The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pedestrian Bridges, Attitude And Way Forward by Chitos(f): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES, ATTITUDE AND WAY FORWARD

Today is thanksgiving. I set out for Sunday service at the headquarters in my gorgeous attire, enjoying the cold weather due to the heavy rain last night. The road was free as there were fewer vehicles on the express compared to the hectic working days. “Driver, please stop at the next bus stop”, I said with enthusiasms I reflect on numerous positivity of God’s impact. Alighting from the bus, I heard the frightening screeching sound and my heart skipped. Looking towards the direction of the sound across the express under the pedestrian bridge, behold I could see people rushing towards the area with some hastily crossing the highway. Curious to affirm the distraction, I quickly climbed the sloppy-leg aching bridge. I moved closer as I heard various forms of exclamation. Subdued by the scenario, tears rolled over my face as I realised it was a hit-and-run. There lies a seemingly lifeless physically traumatised pregnant woman on a wet tarred road, surrounded by people; hoodlums quarrelling over the possession of her bag and stealing other valuables from her body, shocked clueless on-lookers and unreasonable non-compassionate ‘aliens’ engrossed with taking different postures with this victim. For how long will this trend continue? Finally, an emergency call was made as I walked away. Certainly, the victim will be tagged unknown by the time the rescue team arrives because all forms of identity had been stolen by fellow pedestrians.

https://taiwoarungwa./2016/09/19/pedestrian-bridges-attitude-and-way-forward/

(1) (Reply)

Make Cool Cash On Facebook / Time Is Valuabe------ Invest It In Gaining Quality Ict Experience / Genuine And Reliable Project Topics And Materials In Biology Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.