Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Is Your Opinion About Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Opinion About Hell? (3167 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Why Has Preaching About Hell Reduced In Churches? / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by mantraa: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2009
@bobbyaf
So if your child said to you one day that she is an atheist and does not share your religious belief, would you think it justfied for your god to send her to hell to be burned and tortured?

Do you beleive that the only way to heaven is through believing in jesus, or through good works regardless of religious belief?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by mazaje(m): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2009
Heaven and hell bla bla bla. . . any evidence to show that these mythical places exist out side the pages of the bible and the koran?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:16am On Oct 14, 2009
[size=13pt]True talk on here. . . . . . cool[/size]
mazaje:

Heaven and hell bla bla bla. . . any evidence to show that these mythical places exist out side the pages of the bible and the koran?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Kunbee: 3:36am On Oct 14, 2009
It exists
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by queenesthr(f): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hell is the physical grave where a corpse is buried.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by herniec(f): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
It will be a comforting thought to think that hell is a mere concept. If hell does not exit, why make efforts to live life the way God wants? If there is no punishment or reward after death, let's go about satisfying every desire and craving that appeals to us. Hell is not a concept or product of man's imagination. Man does not cease to exist after death; there is life after death. Why should I wait until it is too late for me to live with consciousness that there is hell? Why should any sane soul wait until it is too late to live life as God wants? Thank God for science. But, science is a poor tool for explaining things of God. I like to remember the words of George Washington: "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Eeyore(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2009
herniec:

It will be a comforting thought to think that hell is a mere concept. If hell does not exit, why make efforts to live life the way God wants? If there is no punishment or reward after death, let's go about satisfying every desire and craving that appeals to us. Hell is not a concept or product of man's imagination. Man does not cease to exist after death; there is life after death. Why should I wait until it is too late for me to live with consciousness that there is hell? Why should any sane soul wait until it is too late to live life as God wants? Thank God for science. But, science is a poor tool for explaining things of God. I like to remember the words of George Washington: "It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."

Yet some more drivel that doesn't point to an iota of truth or evidence to the existence of a lake of fire where God sadistically roasts people who do not believe in Him.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by herniec(f): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
Eeyore:

Yet some more drivel that doesn't point to an iota of truth or evidence to the existence of a lake of fire where God sadistically roasts people who do not believe in Him.

Wait until you see it for yourself. Then, you will believe. God is good - and He loves you.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Oluschenco(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2009
Never been there, and doesn't want to get there
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
There are three words translated “Hell” in Scripture:
Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)
Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18; Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)
Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that Hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence.  They can’t conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal.  If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being “punished” merely with eternal sleep.  His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn’t even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story.  The rich man who found himself in Hell (Luke 16:19-31) was conscious.  He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse.  He wasn’t asleep in the grave; he was in a place of “torment.” If Hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus’ statements about Hell make no sense.  He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to go into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched (Mark 9:43-48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

[list]
[li]Shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Everlasting punishment” (Matthew 25:46) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 24:51) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Fire unquenchable” (Luke 3:17) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish” (Romans 2:8,9) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord” (2 Thessalonians 1:9)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Eternal fire, the blackness of darkness for ever” (Jude 1:7,13) [/li]
[/list]
Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night."

Read the truth about hell here:

http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2009
[size=13pt]
Topic. . . .

err. . . .Stop Questoning me or else you be my chicken.  sad .If you insist no need to keep saying one thing R'Over and over again because im desired to reign in  Hell , not to Heaven.  In Hell I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, but in Heaven are only beggars, monks, hermits and apostles. . . . . .    wink

[/size]
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by PastorAIO: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

There are three words translated “Hell” in Scripture:
Gehenna (Greek): The place of punishment (Matthew 5:22,29; 10:28; and James 3:6)
Hades (Greek): The abode of the dead (Matthew 11:23; 16:18; Luke 16:23; Acts 2:27)
Sheol (Hebrew): The grave (Psalm 9:17; 16:10)

There are those who accept that Hell is a place of punishment, but believe that the punishment is to be annihilated—to cease conscious existence.  They can’t conceive that the punishment of the wicked will be conscious and eternal.  If they are correct, then a man like Adolph Hitler, who was responsible for the deaths of millions, is being “punished” merely with eternal sleep.  His fate is simply to return to the non-existent state he was in before he was born, where he doesn’t even know that he is being punished.

However, Scripture paints a different story.  The rich man who found himself in Hell (Luke 16:19-31) was conscious.  He was able to feel pain, to thirst, and to experience remorse.  He wasn’t asleep in the grave; he was in a place of “torment.” If Hell is a place of knowing nothing or a reference to the grave into which we go at death, Jesus’ statements about Hell make no sense.  He said that if your hand, foot, or eye causes you to sin, it would be better to remove it than to go into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: [size=15pt]where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched[/size] (Mark 9:43-48).

The Bible refers to the fate of the unsaved with such fearful words as the following:

[list]
[li]Shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Everlasting punishment” (Matthew 25:46) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 24:51) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Fire unquenchable” (Luke 3:17) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish” (Romans 2:8,9) [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord” (2 Thessalonians 1:9)[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Eternal fire, the blackness of darkness for ever” (Jude 1:7,13) [/li]
[/list]
Revelation 14:10,11 tells us the final, eternal destiny of the sinner:He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, the smoke of their torment ascended up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day or night."

Read the truth about hell here:

Won't the Fire kill the worms or are we talking about super worms.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Won't the Fire kill the worms or are we talking about super worms.

Check this article for your answer: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by PastorAIO: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2009
lol! Please whoever is interested in this thread should please check out the link olaadegbu has given above. Apparently when we die our bodies will be transformed into worms that will never die and that is what gets burnt for eternity. Apparently some of these worms have been found at the bottom of the Sea bed.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by mazaje(m): 12:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
Pastor AIO:

lol! Please whoever is interested in this thread should please check out the link olaadegbu has given above. Apparently when we die our bodies will be transformed into worms that will never die and that is what gets burnt for eternity. Apparently some of these worms have been found at the bottom of the Sea bed.

grin grin grin. . . . . .
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Thanks for contributing your own understanding of the article. Let us allow others to read the article and come to their own conclusions. Here is it again: http://www.av1611.org/hell.html
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by duduspace(m): 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Pastor AIO

That link confirms my previous statement that the Chinese could design a Central Airconditioning system for hell given enough money. If some half backed Finnish structural engineers can drill into the gates of hell, then that should be a walk in the park for them or what do you think?  grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Jackie26: 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
don't be decieved, hell is real. repent, recieve jesus  and live a holy life to avoid this horrible place.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
I like hell for health reasons.I am allergic to cold so the hotness will suit me fine.I love fried worms,too . . .  grin
I can't stand eternal ass kissing of a sadisitc god too.That will be too bad for my health.If i ever get thrown into heaven,i will definitely seek for assylum in the underground republic of hell.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by mazaje(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I laugh in greek. . . . this link na child's play abi na cartoon?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
Did anybody say cartoons?  Here is one for you to enjoy during their festive periods.

[flash=400,300]http://media.chick.com/tract_9.swf[/flash]
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2009
[size=13pt]Topic. . . .

err. . . .Stop Questoning me or else you be my chicken. sad.If you insist no need to keep saying one thing R'Over and over again because im desired to reign in Hell , not to Heaven. In Hell I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, but in Heaven are only beggars, monks, hermits and apostles. . . . . . wink
[/size]
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
As my good friend would say: "when a shoe is thrown at a pack of dogs the one that got hit, is the one that yelps"
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by ud4u: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
What is the controversy all about

Hell is eternal damnation,
whether there will be fire burning for ever or the fire will burn until it wipes the evil doers away. The fact just remains that as long as someone dies without making his ways right with God, he will be destroyed and there will be no chance for him to repent.

Why should we be bordered where the hell is? Leaving the fact and start pursuing shadow.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
ud4u:

What is the controversy all about

Hell is eternal damnation,
whether there will be fire burning for ever or the fire will burn until it wipes the evil doers away. The fact just remains that [b]as long as someone dies without making his ways right with God, he will be destroyed and there will be no chance for him to repent.[/b]
Why should we be bordered where the hell is? Leaving the fact and start pursuing shadow.
Hmmm!How can one be destroyed after one is ALREADY DEAD?!
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
jagunlabi:

Hmmm!How can one be destroyed after one is ALREADY DEAD?!

If you are born once you die twice but if you are born twice you will only die once. If you don't like the way you were born why not get born again?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Listen to the opinion of one who's been there before:

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9HdugdTIS74&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

If you are born once you die twice but if you are born twice you will only die once.
And where did you get this one from.You are born once and you die twice?Olaadegbu,you just love making things up,even if these things are totally silly and stupid.

OLAADEGBU:

If you don't like the way you were born why not get born again?
If there was something wrong with the way i was born,wouldn't that be the creator's fault?Wouldn't you be implying that the creator made a mistake which i,the created, has to correct?Aren't you implying that the creator of all things is,in fact, imperfect?
I think the way i was born was quite in order the first time and there is no need for a second attempt.Which means that i am saying that the creator made no mistakes,hence is perfect,unlike what you are claiming.
I don't think the creator will be very happy with you for calling it an incompetent creator,olaadegbu.You need to apologise to your maker right now. grin
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by jagunlabi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2009
How pathetic.So this is how desperate a dying religion has become in it's attempt to stay relevant in modern times. To be telling fictitious tales of experiences of hell.
Christians have come to love and depend on hell to validate their beliefs so much that i am starting to take them for demon worshippers. shocked

Ogaga,the population of satanists are much much bigger than you thought because christians are part of satanists population.You have just grown in numbers exponentially. grin
OLAADEGBU:

Listen to the opinion of one who's been there before:

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/9HdugdTIS74&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Oct 17, 2009
In the late 1980's Television adverts in the U.S. asked, "What goes through the mind of a driver who is not wearing a seat belt in a head-on collision?"  Then they showed a crash dummy having its head crushed by a steering wheel in a collision, and said, "The steering wheel!"  Those where scare tactics, but no one complained because they were legitimate scare tactics.  That's what happens in a head-on collision if you are foolish enough to not put on a seat belt.

To warn of hell is fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because the Bible says that it is a fearful thing for a sinner to fall into the hands of the living God.
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by duduspace(m): 2:24am On Oct 17, 2009
@Oladeegbu

In what way does that justify the lies that some people drilled right through the gates of hell? believing in that obviously bogus tale will only make rational people question your intelligence. Are yu sure you read the contents of that link at all?
Re: What Is Your Opinion About Hell? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2009
duduspace:

@Oladeegbu

In what way does that justify the lies that some people drilled right through the gates of hell? believing in that obviously bogus tale will only make rational people question your intelligence. Are yu sure you read the contents of that link at all?

There is no scare tactics that will be comparable to the reality of hell.  The article you referred to cannot produce a terror that matches the description of the Bible of hell.  It is humanly impossible to comprehend the Bible description of hell.  Nothing on earth can compare with it.

Jesus says of the man in Luke 16:23,24,28 In verse 23 "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments", verse 24 "for I am tormented in this flame," verse 28 "place of torment."

Other references in the Bible:

[list]
[li]everlasting fire — Matthew18:8, 25:41[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]everlasting punishment — Matthew 25:46[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]everlasting chains — Jude 1:6[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]eternal damnation — Mark 3:29[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]eternal judgment — Hebrews 6:2[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]eternal fire — Jude 1:7[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]unquenchable fire — Matthew 3:12[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]the fire that never shall be quenched — Mark 9:43, 44, 45, 46, 48[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]fire unquenchable — Luke 3:17[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]mist of darkness is reserved for ever — 2 Peter 2:17[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]the blackness of darkness for ever — Jude 1:13[/li]
[/list]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Know The Right Religion Or The Right God?. . . / Reincarnation Of Elijah In John The Baptist. / I Am An Atheist Ask Me Any Anything Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.