Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Business Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Ideas (17815 Views)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Craziest Business Ideas That Made People Millionaire$ / Business Ideas For Nigerian In UK With Contacts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Ideas by Ladapo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2006
Start Your Own Business Now!

Hello Nairalanders,

Are u thinking of starting your own business but do not have a specific one in mind? Then, the following might be useful to you;

- start-up a virtual assistant business, offering administrative, accounting, marketing, and graphic design services to clients

- Freelance Advertising will offer marketing services to companies that are looking to employ email marketing techniques as the cornerstone of their marketing program.

- Manage saltwater aquariums for clients. help every step of the way, from setting up the aquarium, to cleaning it, maintaining it, and feeding the fish.

- Start a home-based service provision specializing in the packaging, shipping, and installation of valuable artwork, including paintings, sculpture, mobiles, and ceramics, working for both commercial and residential clients.

- Start an upscale old-world gentleman's barber shop offering premium grooming services and products.

- Start a spa and beauty salon specializing in hair replacement services, as well as offering hair styling, massage, and beauty products.

- start-up used bookstore offering a wide range of book, magazine, and music selections.

- residential home inspection service for real estate agents, buyers, sellers, and home owners.

- Start a gourmet coffee bar that boasts a fun, relaxed atmosphere for its customers

- Call centre Services; start-up business providing clients with top quality call center services 24 hours-a-day.

- Catering services; offer creative, colorful, and unusual kosher and traditional foods.

- offer upscale child care services for kids aged 4 months to 5 years.

- Cleaning Service offers extra care and attentive cleaning services for upper class homes.

- start-up Coffee Cafe selling specialty coffee drinks, food, religious books and music.

- Business Solutions Consulting is a start-up business offering full-cycle, business-to-business planning consulting.

- specializing in the installation, replacement and removal of septic tanks.

- upscale convenience store with a small 20-seat cafe.

- Start a computer-based matchmaking service.

- electronic engineering firm providing specialized components to the high-tech manufacturing market.

- is a new concept in food preparation for busy families in Texas, run by a party planner and a personal chef.

Want more business ideas and solutions? simply call me, ladapo

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas by iseg007(m): 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2006
hey am interest in some of your businees ideas, but these are generally something that can work in the nigerian economy,i would be glad if you can fed me some ideas on farming (any kind of farming). I am interested in it.
Re: Business Ideas by hoodboi(m): 5:31am On Dec 21, 2006
hey i'm interested in your ideas, but all of this will need help, i think i can do the freelance advertising and some other ones but i do not know how to go about starting it.
Re: Business Ideas by Seun(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2006
i would be glad if you can fed me some ideas on farming (any kind of farming). I am interested in it.
Fish Farming: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-20394.0.html
Versus Pig Farming: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-23669.0.html

By becoming a farmer, you can do more to satisfy people's hunger than the best president in the world.
Re: Business Ideas by diyobdw(f): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2006
interesting ideas you listed! so how do you come in?
what do you do share more on here so we can all learn cheesy
Re: Business Ideas by 1forall: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2006
Wow! I think that was a cool list, people just follow what your heart says and make a choice, and mean it. Still plan to run my barbershop soon enough, cheers all.
Re: Business Ideas by babasin(m): 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2006
Good Ideas, but while you are sweating away one useless poor fellow who just joined politics is making fat $$$ you can only dream about.

Like OBJ who was so poor in 1999 after coming from Abacha gulag is now the richest Nigerian alive.

Point: No level playing field that encourage innnovation.
Re: Business Ideas by 1forall: 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2006
Ok so babasin what do u do then, nothing?
Re: Business Ideas by kodewrita(m): 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2006
@ Ladapo
Love the ideas but u did not include a phone no. I am interested in the used bookstore and the cafe ideas. If I wasn't so lazy, farming might have been a good Idea. I am also interested in the likely rewards of what I call real farming "real back-breaking hoeing and manual weed clearing while sowing yams and other tubers".

@Seun best president indeed. we'll discuss that some other day . heard he guards his chickens using high caliber rifles(The unlucky thief loses a finger if not all).
Re: Business Ideas by LoverBwoy(m): 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2006
1forall:

Wow! I think that was a cool list, people just follow what your heart says and make a choice, and mean it. Still plan to run my barbershop soon enough, cheers all.

how much do you reckon will be enough to start a standard barbershop/ unisex salon in lagos?
Re: Business Ideas by 1forall: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2006
It depends on what u mean by 'standard', cos therere several standards. Leaving out the space you would spend depending on your taste, clippers, chairs, mirrors, sterilisers, generator, A/C, sound system/TV, other furniture etc, um, are u serious?
Re: Business Ideas by LoverBwoy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 27, 2006
Is N250K too much for a good sized salon in illupeju?
Re: Business Ideas by hbrednic: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2006
sorry loverbwoy, 250 is just too small, cant even rent you a shop in illupeju.u might try areas like mushin,ajegunle,iyanukpaja.as a member of nairaland just give us your address we will sure be your clients.
Re: Business Ideas by LoverBwoy(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2006
hnbrednic
Got a shop quotation
for 120,000 /2years plus N30,000 commision and agreement
Oinpan-Illupeju Lagos
Re: Business Ideas by Multitask(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2007
@ Iseg007 , Nigeria is one of the few Countries that has the favourable climate/environment for growing coaco, (The crop used for making chocolate products) a very popular food in the USA and Europian Countries. It is also very profitable, Americans just can't get enough of chocolate products. So if you can engage in coaco farming, I can find potential buyers for you in America.
Re: Business Ideas by mololu: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2007
hi everyone.am into decorations for all occation,beads making,engement basket,hamper.xmas decorations.just call on me
Re: Business Ideas by kellogs(m): 3:04pm On Jan 16, 2007
Dear Ladapo,lovely ideas.Must confess that i am really impressed.How do i reach u since you didnt leave any contact address or phone number
Re: Business Ideas by ukgold(m): 9:27pm On Feb 02, 2007
quite an exhaustive list Ladapo! well, I feel things have started working out well in naija, and i so much belive that when small businesses are set up, unemployment will be a thing of the past. Get an idea of what u want to do, go 4 market research and meet a consultant or someone who can prepare a feasibility study on the propose job. Banks are now financing small scale businesses o1 cease this oppurtunity now.

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas by hoodboi(m): 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2007
sup ladapo, want to talk to you.Can i have your phone number ?
Re: Business Ideas by butter(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2007
hello nairalanders,
i joined not too long ago. before i joined, i had been a guest viewing various topics on this business section and one of the reasons why i decided to register was because of the depth with which topics are discussed.

Guys i really need your help. i'm looking for something i can do, a business, that can be done part time, without disrupting my busy schedule. i'm a dentist and i work in a teaching hospital. i have N100,000 to put into such a business. the business must be something that i can run with my busy job and make a decent income(while i'm not asking for millions overnight, if it can it i wouldn't mind, it would be an added bonus grin).
Any ideas please?

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas by calabari: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2007
Oladapo You are really "One Hell Of A Guy" to organize such an In-Depth list of Money Making Ideas. Keep It up man
Re: Business Ideas by Whynot1: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2007

1 Like

Re: Business Ideas by Ladapo(m): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2007
Hi peeps. I have been out for a while. We are making a lot of mistakes in Nigeria, the amount of money needed for business start up is not as ridiculous as you have been mentioning. I can tell you that you can still start businesses in Nigeria here at a zero naira level. Sounds ridiculous? No!

I have been working on my personal business in the past few weeks and with a very low budget, the key is packaging, right branding, proper marketing and the ability to know what people's needs are at any point in time.

In the next few weeks, I am goin to send us more business opportunities and the best marketing practises to help us achieve results.

Think about? Have you been to lekki,Ikota and those places before? If not pls. do. There are so many shopping and business complexes around this places and the already "satisfied people" are the ones doing businesses in these areas.Despite the fact that they work in places you can call fantastic but I ytell you, you can do same irrespective of your location and with little or no startup capital.

I am looking for serious business partners to work with, he/she should be someone who believes in him/herself and is ready to make something out of nothing. Such peeps should be ready to devote their time to this biz. and I promise there is money to be made here. However, I am a document person o, so , such persons should be ready to sign loads of papers.

call: 07028090432

all the best
Re: Business Ideas by whiteNkem(f): 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2007
@Ladapo
I am only curious how many of those ideas did you put in practice so far?

I must admit though that many are very good ones, of actuality and promising.
Re: Business Ideas by dafidixone(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2007
Hey friend,

Can you link me to where I could learn Laundry starch Production? I will appreciate it if the address could be sent to faleyegee@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Business Ideas by ifababa(m): 1:07am On Mar 13, 2007
Hey ladapo i think you've got some pretty good ideas , but do you think you have any concept for music marketing, ?, im working on a music label business-showbiz as in show business, Let me here if you have anything,
Re: Business Ideas by jimsawyer(m): 10:17am On Mar 13, 2007
Great Job Ladapo.
Re: Business Ideas by toyinajani(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2007
Hello,fellow nairalanders, i am interested in cleaning services business of a thing. i want you to put me through on what i need to do and how much this would all cost me.I also what a detail of things i need to start off.
You can reach out to me through my e-mail toyinajani2001@yahoo.com or call me 08033461576.Thanks.
Re: Business Ideas by sw: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2007
For your LAUNDRY Services and your general cleaning, please Call 08060679944.
Very affordable and efficient
Re: Business Ideas by diyobdw(f): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2007
toyinajani:

Hello,fellow Nairaland users, i am interested in cleaning services business of a thing. i want you to put me through on what i need to do and how much this would all cost me.I also what a detail of things i need to start off.
You can reach out to me through my e-mail toyinajani2001@yahoo.com or call me 08033461576.Thanks.
do you know anything about the cleaning businesses currently running in your loctaion?

Do you know anything about running a business?

DO you have what it take to merge you idea and resource to make profit?
If you can comfortable say a loud yes then google it or better still get a professionals help. cheesy
Re: Business Ideas by MUSEsol: 12:43am On Mar 21, 2007
Hi everybody smiley, i would really like to find out what it takes to open up a bar in Lagos ,nothing to fancy! possibly on the mainland,i need information like licenses (if that exists at all!), getting a supplier and what kind of capital i would need to startup that kind of stuff, I'll be glad if i got this info as soon as possible. thanks!
Re: Business Ideas by chaj(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hi ladapo,
I'm interested in the call centre service biz idea. What does it entail?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down / Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.