Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? (33583 Views)

Which Federal Universities Accepts 2.68 CGP In DE? / Saidat Sanni Is LAUTECH Best Student With 4.88 Cgp(pic / Download National Policy On Education – 6th Edition (2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nelsizzy:
Continue with your education. In most schools 100lvl GP accounts for just 10% of your total CGPA. Am very sure that if you are hardworking, you should graduate with a 2.1

Yeah, in a school like Uniben. But in a school like OAU, I will advise him to start all over again if good grade like 1.1 or 2.1 is his priority. He has to be more than a genius to get 2.1 with that gp in 100level for a 4-year course in OAU especially if his course is science related.
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Chrisrare: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm a 100lvl Student in a University based in the North,I have suffered so much to get admission which I value so greatly...God so good I was given a course I grew to like, but the school unfortunately released our supplementary list about 4 months after the 1st list was released so I came only to find out exams was just few weeks away, I resumed late my parents had to sweat out my fees, I wrote all de exams but I didn't know anything in some my prerequisite... I studied hard but only for me to find a CGP of 1.65 last semester (with 3 CO's, one due to a not registered course) , I'm ready to work hard come this 200h lvl but my question is Should I restart 100 lvl or can I still graduate with a 2nd class upper that I seek despite this poor performance in 100lvl.

Thank you
I'll advise u start frm 100 lvl again in order to ease d burden on u. U'll lose 1 yr but at d end u'll graduate with a good result. Remember its not how fast but how well...
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Adebimpe1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
I was an average student during my university days and graduated with a 2.2.
Most of my friends had the same grades as we were birds of a feather; we basically spent the nights that should be used in classroom at the female hostels and had fun all through, although we tried to study as best as we could.

Fast-forward few years, all the efikos with 2.1 and 2.2 were struggling to make ends meet and we (me and my friends in crime) are flying high because the God has special interest in us. A good friend, one that was a course mate once told me; "Tunde, see how you turned out". I simply replied him; "you're wrong, see how God turned me out"

Myself and my friends in crime (6 of us) are blessed, not because of grades. we all had 2.2, 3rd class. The lowest anyone of us earn is 1.2 million naira monthly, and this recession does not affect us one bit as we even get promoted. All the 1st class and 2.1 dudes that graduated with us earns around 100-250k

Bottom line: Do your best, have a great deal of faith in God and regard Him always, be the best in your field, not in your class.

May the joy be with you.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by madridguy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 20, 2016
Must you quote me?

GasAndOilTheory:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ILORIN PEOPLE AND JAZZVSEF undecided
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:
Hello Nairalanders, I'm a 100lvl Student in a University based in the North,I have suffered so much to get admission which I value so greatly...God so good I was given a course I grew to like, but the school unfortunately released our supplementary list about 4 months after the 1st list was released so I came only to find out exams was just few weeks away, I resumed late my parents had to sweat out my fees, I wrote all de exams but I didn't know anything in some my prerequisite... I studied hard but only for me to find a CGP of 1.65 last semester (with 3 CO's, one due to a not registered course) , I'm ready to work hard come this 200h lvl but my question is Should I restart 100 lvl or can I still graduate with a 2nd class upper that I seek despite this poor performance in 100lvl.

Thank you

hope its not FUTMINNA
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2016
Adebimpe1:
Most of my friends had the same grades as we were birds of a feather; we basically spent the nights that should be used in classroom at the female hostels and had fun all through, although we tried to study as best as we could.

Fast-forward few years, all the efikos with 2.1 and 2.2 were struggling to make ends meet and we (me and my friends in crime) are flying high because the God has special interest in us. A good friend, one that was a course mate once told me; "Tunde, see how you turned out". I simply replied him; "you're wrong, see how God turned me out"

Myself and my friends in crime (6 of us) are blessed, not because of grades. we all had 2.2, 3rd class. The lowest anyone of us earn is 1.2 million naira monthly, and this recession does not affect us one bit as we even get promoted. All the 1st class and 2.1 dudes that graduated with us earns around 100-250k

Bottom line: Do your best, have a great deal of faith in God and regard Him always, be the best in your field, not in your class.

May the joy be with you.
Egbon did u just say 1.2 monthly....?

I really need ur help.
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Amastermovic(m): 3:29pm On Sep 20, 2016
harlee:
My person,abeg start 100 again,sometimes ur 1st gp determines ur final gp..ask mapites they'll tell u
o boy
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by sinaj(f): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2016
Davonjagah:
boss if in your attempt to EPP. you lie like this. who you epp
cheesy cheesy cheesy

E wan epp op na grin
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by ojay85: 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
Hey man you are great, most great men start from relevant experiences.If I may advice uuuu, Just practice this and u will come out with 5.0 next semester. 1.Pray always, Spend more time on reading, reduce social activities, solve past questions from previous sessions and believe God to make it.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by 4reala(m): 3:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
The truth is dat u have already given up on urself wit dis excuse. So its better u start all over again.
And pray u convince ur parents so dat dey can raise money 4 u again
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
You better go and hit one studio and release one album or go into a football academy or better-still, use the remaining of your fees and enroll into an ICT institute and learn one hardcore IT Course like i did!

Education in Nigeria DOES NOT PAY ANYMORE COS AFTER 4-5 YEARS OF TOILING AND RECEIVING INSULTS IN CAMPUS AND NYSC CAMP, you'll get into the labour market and work your a*se off for one other self-made person or if you are lucky, the FG where you will be earning peanuts to feed from hand to mouth till you die!

MONEY should WORK FOR YOU and not the other way round! Work Smart and NOT HARD!! I am a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by uvalued(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
i maybe wrong ... you have escaped withdrawal 1.50 and maybe your total credit for the 3 courses you failed is less than half the total credit for that semester but you might be in probation- repeating.
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by hoodmenconcept(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:

Thank you

I'm sure nah UJ. I graduated from UJ and I understand what it means with prerequisite stuff, having CO in prerequisite course is automatic extra year, and this will give you stepback and affect your CGP because they will keep dividing your CGP with the prerequisite course, if you know how to calculate CGP, you will understand what im talking about. So I will advice you to start all over again from 100l and build your CGP with rest of mind rather than struggling with physiological effects of perquisite courses.

I'm not a victim of prerequisite courses but I have many friends who are victims and I know what they passed through, some could not Graduate cos of shame and some graduated with less than 2.00 CGP after extra years.

I don't know how important perquisite courses are, in some schools , but in UJ, they don't take it easy and many student union has raised panels against this perquisite stuff but all efforts did not yield any positive results.

Better if those CO courses are not perquisite then you can continue!

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by searay(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2016
I had 1.09 as my CGP in my year one but proceeded to have 3.46 after Four years. You can make it

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by MissingBudget: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
AgbenuAnna:
very well u can, but u must work very hard, I heard of somebody whose cgpa was 1.5 but in his 200 and 300 level he had 5.0.
grin

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by aalex1: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:

Thank you
I see a great story here...I see u coming back here in 3 or 4 years time wit a testimony Dat despite d odds,u scaled tru.dnt giv up.jst put in more effort.

Bros but 100lvl na more of secondary skool stuff na 2 refresh ur knowledge,why u stil bang like dat?
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by harlee(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Amastermovic:

o boy this one no b mapoly way gp dey fall anyhow
u don see person wer get pass for nd1 and finish with upper??
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by ephi123(f): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2016
Adebimpe1:

May the joy be with you.

Cough cough. Indeed lipsrsealed
These kind of comments that encourage settling for anything in school on the basis of a few exceptions is very dangerous. People should strive for the best in all they do. Stop encouraging mediocrity abeg.

OP, if it is possible for you to start 100L go for it, otherwise get ready to put in the extra mile, because the cumulative nature of CGPA means your year one results will continue to drag you down unless you aim for A's in majority of your courses.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by mozel247: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
Apply to repeat ur 100l. It will b granted and is worth it bro
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Heineken(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
judedave181:
if u don't stop lying u will just grow up like Lie mohammed. With this ur lie I don begin to fear u grin
lol.. Mehn people can lie o. How come the guy get 1.5 in the first place?
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by harlee(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
AgbenuAnna:
very well u can, but u must work very hard, I heard of somebody whose cgpa was 1.5 but in his 200 and 300 level he had 5.0.
if I hear,u mean the person had A's in all remaining courses??
U dey format us
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by harlee(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
kidman96:

It depends on the University. Different University with different marking scheme. If its Delta state University you are in trouble, if its UNIBEN thank God. All the same you can still make a second class lower but ur gonna burst ur a$$ studying.
2.2 in this present economy??
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by unknown87: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:

Thank you
sure you can. I was on a 1.9 cgpa at the end of 100L, and I graduated with a second class lower degree. Not like I was very serious afterwards, but I always attended lectures. Today I've got an MBA and M.Sc {in view}. Work harded and pray hard. Best of luck
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by ipreach: 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
You can still hit 2. before the end of third yr
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by onyekachee(f): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2016
khassy:

who tell you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
don't mind the liar,5.0 indeed
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by unimas: 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2016
God of mercy end time CGP

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by IRserveMyComent(f): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2016
kidman96:

It depends on the University. Different University with different marking scheme. If its Delta state University you are in trouble, if its UNIBEN thank God. All the same you can still make a second class lower but ur gonna burst ur a$$ studying.

if he can make straight As he would come out with an excellent result other than second class lower. it would only take him determination plus God to achieve that.
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by Amastermovic(m): 3:58pm On Sep 20, 2016
harlee:
u don see person wer get pass for nd1 and finish with upper??

yes... pass get level.. he get 2co 3units course. 2,49 pass...

he
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by 4nobody4every1: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Keneking:
But my question is Should I restart 100 lvl?

YES SIR smiley

Thank me later grin
When are you coming back to APC or you return the 500 million APC Youth campaign funds given to you by Buhari grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by MoyoGENERAL: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:

Thank you

You can, if you determine and God's favour smile at you!
But it's all about planning. Real forward planning!
Let's do some mathematics!
Get your faculty handbook and try and simulate your final CGPA to see the possibility!
It's either you are studying a 4 or 5 Years course.
If it is a 4 years course, then each of the year has it's own weight in your final CGPA.
Take for example: a 5 year course with a weight of 10%,15%,20%,25% and 30% for each year from 100 to 500 level respectively.
If you have a GP of 1.65 in 100 level, and you maintain a 4.0 in all other level, calculating your final CGPA, you'll get: 0.1*1.65+0.15*4+0.2*4+0.25*4+0.3*4 equals 3.765 I REPEAT 3.765 as your final CGPA. which is a 2.1.
The message I am passing across is that, Know how your School's final CGPA is being computed, RUN several simulations based on your ability( You know what you can do), this will help you in making informed decision as whether to continue or have a restart (like you've said).

All the best!
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by misscall247: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
Irelokeh:

Thank you
Yes .......BT u ve to know dat university exams is far different from ur secondary exams

u must b smart,because is nt all abt know in d ans BT organiz u work/program.

wake up,dust up and keep moving.
Re: Can I Still Continue With This CGP Or Do I Give Up On Education? by 9jageekz(m): 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2016
harlee:
My person,abeg start 100 again,sometimes ur 1st gp determines ur final gp..ask mapites they'll tell u

Baba Na True Talk Ooo.. well the duration matters you can't compare 2yrs with 4 Years and u know uni Grade their A from 70%..

so he still gat the tendency to make it better..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Almajiri, Adamu Tilde Graduates From Hungary University (pics) / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities / Student Mocks ASUU, Signs Out With Shirt Marked "ASUU LOL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.