Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

- Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / (1236 Views)

Nigeria Has No Functional Official Web Portal / I Need A Very Good Webdesigner To Build A Website For Me / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nweddings: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2009
Re: by goldincome(m): 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
The application you are using , is it in-house developed or opensource?
Mention the name so that you can get a better response.
Is it PHP, ASP.NET or any other.

Post more info to enable us know exactly what kind of aplication we are dealing with
Re: by obinna79: 6:49am On Oct 12, 2009
hello, please call 08056106302 or visit http://www.hostingpacific.net
Re: by Afam(m): 8:23am On Oct 12, 2009
Nweddings:

We already have an active e-commerce website but will now like to expand the site to aslo have a business directory, article library and forum

We will need the designer to incorporate the existing theme and colours into the new site

We are looking for professionals to do the job so please dont waste your time and ours if you are not up to the task. Thank you.

Any developer that can setup the e-commerce website can effortlessly set up the business directory, article library and forum unless of course the initial website was setup based on an open source script that was only installed.

As the other poster stated you must state the platform the current website is based on.
Re: by Nweddings: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2009
Re: by Afam(m): 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2009
Nweddings:

Thanks for the quick responses.

I beleive the application was written in PHP and not in house developed but an off the shelf application.

The site name is in my profile. Please visit the site as that will give you more insight into our requirements.

Ok. Seen the site.

I believe you want the expanded website to have the same color combinations for example the header (top area) and footer (bottom area).

That means that you will have links pointing to each section of the new application - articles, forum and business directory.

Each section will exist on its own with administrator sections to manage content while the user interface will maintain a consistent color combination and theme with the original website.

Now, what can visitors do on the business directory and the articles section? Will they be allowed to post business listings and articles or will the client be the person to populate these sections?

Referencing the first post below

Nweddings:

We already have an active e-commerce website but will now like to expand the site to aslo have a business directory, article library and forum

We will need the designer to incorporate the existing theme and colours into the new site

We are looking for professionals to do the job so please dont waste your time and ours if you are not up to the task. Thank you.

The content in bold refers, confirm that what you mean by the new site is the development and deployment of the 3 new sections on your web server with links linking them together and not a totally new website including an e-commerce section.

Before a lot of time is expended on this I need to ask this - do you have a budget for this? If yes, can you state what it is?

However, the tasks needed are doable and if the price is right you will have all the 3 new sections developed and integrated into the original website in under 1 week.

The forum of course would be an off the shelf forum and associated cost would just be for installation, customization and deployment.

You may send an email to afam@justwebservices.com if you want to discuss this further.

Good luck.
Re: by Nweddings: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2009

(1) (Reply)

@afam4ever I Need Your Help!!!! / Create A Blog Site Like , 360nobs.com / Professional Web Hosting Training At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.