Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (18150 Views)

How Much Will You Charge For Creating A Professional Blog? / How Much Would You Charge For A Commercial Bank Website Project ? / Web Masters: How Much Will You Charge To Manage A Company's Website! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by hola2ng(m): 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2005
How much do you charge per page ?

This is for anyone who is into commercial web design. I just want to compare prices and find out how much you guys charge your clients. Is it per page? If yes, how much per page? Or do you have a fixed pricing system?
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by otemu(m): 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2005
Normally when it comes to web design as there is several factors involved:

Will the customer require a database - Now this is where a lot of information can be stored such as customer details, product information etc. This can range quite a lot in price depending on the data that you dealing with prices can start about £500 and rise in the £1000s

Multimedia effects - Once again depending on what is actually going to be used on the site, is there going to be music, sound, animation etc, this can all put up the price web developers will charge according to the amount of features that your website will need. Some web developers use certain tools that can increase price such as flash or shockwave prices here can range from £150 to £1000

Will the website require chat rooms, forums, validation, logins, registrations, guestbook’s etc. Depending on the features that you want all these can put up the price when created a website for a client.

Issues such as web hosting, logos, domain name, space required, and these things can all have an effect on price. Also certain things already discussed above can increase pricing as certain things require that your web hosting company support such features a lot of companies will charge extra to allow implementing such features.

To get a better assessment your need to say exactly what you want as prices can easily range from £150 to the £1000s depending on exactly what you want.

Please also check out www.tekino.co.uk
Here you can get quotes at reasonable prices

I hope that helps!!!!
cheesy
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Seun(m): 4:03am On Dec 11, 2005
BTW For Buyers Web design is something that can be very expensive or very cheap depending on how much knowledge you yourself have. Those who are going to take your mere idea/name/business and turn it into a website will definitely charge more. Those who are just doing predefined tasks for you might accept an hourly rate depending on where they live. Try freelancers on sites like www.rentacoder.com or www.scriptlance.com
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2005
Nada
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Afam(m): 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2005
It depends.

Any web project that will require coding from scratch will cost a lot of money.

Static websites are easy and cheap to set up but very expensive to maintain especially when they are done with proprietary software.

Dynamic websites are more expensive to setup even if you only need to work with pre-defined templates but the cheapest to maintain.

The maintenance costs should be well thought out because websites that are not constantly updated with fresh content will just sit there and gather dust.

Anyone can design a website afterall almost all computers come with one or more website authoring tool but understanding a business process and developing a website to solve real business problems is where the game is won and lost.

Basically, it depends on what the website owner wants to achieve with the website.

You may see www.justwebservices.com to learn more about how web solutions are priced.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Oracle(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2005
WHEN IT COMES TO THAT (WEB DESIGNING) IM A COMPLETE
IGNORAMUS. BUT IV GOT AN ELDER BROTHER THAT DOES THAT
I THINK HE EVEN REGISTERED WITH NAIRALAND.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by larger20(m): 2:31am On Dec 12, 2005
It depends.the funcationalities of the web site I am heading as the project manager will not cost less than $10,000
However the good news is that I have in-sourced all my programmers and kind of loving it..........So I might get the product ready by march for as low as less than half the price.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by timmy(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2005
smiley, wish i could give you a little bit of a diff. tip from what as already been posted.. but really ive done sites worth 20,000 and ive also worked on a 500,000 site too wink... but the main issue is more of you, i handled a corporate site (bank) for 200,000 aint that cheap but it got me a 500,000 (all money was mine) deal.. so its all about what you want to do..
for instance
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by hola2ng(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2005
Thanks you guys.
What of small businesses or charities -do you still apply these same charges to them ?
And also -have you ever had to do a website without collecting perhaps a dime, for whatsoever reasons ?
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by timmy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2005
charity site kehh, omo i charged an ngo well,
.. the only site ive done for free was for my church biut its down now
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by otemu(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2005
Tell is Excatly what you want the website to do, you never know that might be someone willing to take on the task for you free of charge or a reasonable fee
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by dejiolowe: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2005
Script kiddies have run me out of the market smiley I once met a little dude who could do a whole site, domain, hosting and 5 pages for N12,000. I almost fainted!

I am more into enterprise applications where you need something to glue different (usually annoying) applications together. I guess that allows me to charge top dollars grin

I better not talk here before someone says am too greedy.

Meanwhile, I didn't charge myself a dime to do my website www.dejiolowe.com....
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by 4real(m): 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2005
well i hope that is not 419, the thing is that, there are different kind of people, i charge,per company or person, so lets see or mail me on michael@xceptions.biz, but man the person that does it for 12,000 one has to start from somewhere, i started at 5,000. now i charge more then that
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Coder(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2005
There is no specific cost for a web site design. A site can be designed for as little as N60,000 to as high as N10,000000+
It just depends on
1. Who the client is
2. What the job requires
3. Time frame before completion
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by timmy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2005
now dats what i talking about, exiommedia ha a cool webprescence, really cool.. and there based in calabar.. mmm im impressed though to many slices but the design concept is off this part off the world. maybe some 'guys' can learn from then tongue
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Afam(m): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2005
A website that is not task focused will not become a success.

Google is a typical example of a task focused website and you will all agree that google can afford to pay the most expensive web designers if they wanted to.

But they are not interested in people congratulating them for a fine website, rather they are more interested in making it easy for clients and users to accomplish their tasks in the shortest possible time as possible.

I see some beautiful websites in Nigeria but not a lot of successful websites and that's a serious issue.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by 4real(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2005
the main thing is that people just build sites they don't know why, and most of them don't update their sites. by the time people are ready to pay people who should put their sites where it should be to make money it would always be like
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by AguNwoke(m): 3:34am On Dec 23, 2005
I charge as much as possible!
I find clients will pay anything, once you can convince them that this is what they need.
It's just business!! grin

Just incase you're wondering I co-designed Patti Boulaye's site http://www.pattiboulaye.com
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by 4real(m): 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2005
so what part did you play, as in what did you do in the site, i love the site it's cool
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by AguNwoke(m): 12:06am On Dec 29, 2005
I mainly did the Overall Graphics and Layout design.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by nuckecy(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2005
Well, I'll suggest that you charge according to the demand of the client needs, if it requires a Database or u shd charge high cos ther's a lot of work there, or flash site etc. I started mine at N6000 per page but i now grade it according to ma skill, if u need flash intro u get charged for that............ Think abt it
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by 4real(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2005
AguNwoke
good work
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by joftech(m): 10:35am On Jan 03, 2006
now dats what i talking about, exiommedia ha a cool webprescence, really cool.. and there based in calabar.. mmm im impressed though to many slices but the design concept is off this part off the world. maybe some 'guys' can learn from then Tongue

Those sites(http://www.exiommedia.com/ & http://www.exiommedia.com/) are pure templates. I don't really consider using templates web-desgn.

I charge based on the possibilty of getting a bigger job.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by timmy(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2006
joffy, r u sure they are templates !! can u prove that... cos though the look a litttle bit off contrast but i guess thats due to the fact that they used fireworks.. i still think its cool anyway (who ever takes the glory is okay by me, them or the template designers.. the site is attractive)
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by dejiolowe: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2006
this 'template' website actually helped remlord tours to get on the webaward list.

i don't like the site that much it lacks verve and presence
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Coder(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2006
joftech:

Those sites(http://www.exiommedia.com/ & http://www.exiommedia.com/) are pure templates. I don't really consider using templates web-desgn.

Joftech, since you evidently know so much about 'template sites', why not tell us the fundamental difference between a template and Custom website? What parameters do you use to determine which site is a template site, or is it just good old voodoo?

Dear man, that I exceeded your capabilities does not mean I had to use a template. Be a man, people can be better than you are! cool
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by joftech(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2006
Joftech, since you evidently know so much about 'template sites', why not tell us the fundamental difference between a template and Custom website? What parameters do you use to determine which site is a template site, or is it just good old voodoo?

Dear man, that I exceeded your capabilities does not mean I had to use a template. Be a man, people can be better than you are!

The evidence are all there for all to see. Am not saying you have not tried but we are talking about "creativity" here.

I will not like to go into the details of how i  identify a template or not, but it's not voodoo neither is it space mathematics.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Coder(m): 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2006
joftech:

The evidence are all there for all to see. Am not saying you have not tried but we are talking about "creativity" here.

Those sites are not templates. Want to try me out? Give me specifications for a job and see the output. Sorry if I sounded rude in my post but you got me mad there...
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by joftech(m): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2006
It's all good. No qualms.
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Bleze(f): 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2006
grin Checked it out too. Sure doesnt look like a template to me! grin
Re: How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? by Coder(m): 10:11pm On Jan 08, 2006
dejiolowe:

this 'template' website actually helped remlord tours to get on the webaward list

Deji please can you give more infor? Which web award list are you refering to?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things You Must Have And Do Before Applying For Adsense / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Boost Your Fanpage: Get 1000 Facebook Likes In 1hour- Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.