Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages (30309 Views)

The Origin Of Urhobo People / Niger Deltan Stereotypes Nigerians Are Tired Of Hearing / Attention Please!!! From Now, Every Niger-deltan Should Love The Igbos. .o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

thats your opinion and should be used to wipe the wet pvssy of your gal friend
any other thing
Hmm! I see you're uncultured. Igbo boys aren't known to be loud and insultive. Maybe we need to conduct a DNA test in Igboland to differentiate ourselves from the aliens amongst us.

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sexina851(f): 6:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
Chiwude:
Hmm! I see you're uncultured. Igbo boys aren't known to be loud and insultive. Maybe we need to conduct a DNA test in Igboland to differentiate ourselves from the aliens amongst us.

Most of them are more uncultured, insulting and rude Infact they have succeeded in painting the language negative with their attitude, especially where I stay most people don't relate with em at all.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sanchez01: 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Efewestern:

Lolz.. Also they see Urhobo men to be strict and harsh.. me for example i don't take nonsense from any woman... dare cross my part.. u gonna receive a beating of your life.

Also the Alcohol issue is not limited to Urhobo men alone.. d ijaw , Itsekiri e.tc also love alcohol..

As for the polygamy, Its in our blood.. In the olden Days our forefathers married alot of women.. my granddad married 3 Wives.. Lolz.. Reason our girls don't want to marry us.
Urhobo men are actually strict and harsh. I for one am. The beating part though. I'm not sure I can raise my hand against a woman, let alone bring it down on her. My orientation in that regard is very far from the typical Urhobo man.

I think we need to dispel the polygamous attitude from our lifestyle. Times are fast evolving. Just like Frank AIG Imokhuede's poem, it should be one man, one woman.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sanchez01: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

Most of them are more uncultured, insulting and rude Infact they have succeeded in painting the language negative with their attitude, especially where I stay most people don't relate with em at all.
My dear, you and Chiwude should ignore that cretin, lest he forces you guys to let out things you ought not to.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Ngozi123(f): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
Chiwude:
This is a beautiful thread that shouldn't be derailed in the first place. The writer is only worried about the dearth of Urhobo language and only want something to be done about it before it becomes too late. How and why some of my brothers ala Igboid and Enuguboy4nsk derailed it is something am ashamed of.
You guys are not Urhobo in the first place, the dying language here isnt yours and your participation to the discuss of this thread should be as an observer. I know the complaint of someone here would be he roped us (Igbo) into it first. And so what? Even if his mentions were offensive to Ndigbo, your response should have being of civility and not rancour. It wouldnt a bad idea to call his attention to the foul statment and demand an edit. Why turn this beautiful thread into an Igbo vs Urhobo war? Why I ask.
Lastly, to the oga @ the top Bigfrancis. You as a mod shouldn't have allowed this war in the first place. Sorry if I picked on you. But that's the truth. You should have acted fast the moment you saw the derails and give initial warnings before it got to this stage. The onus now if for you to clean up the mess, these warriors created.

Tbf, the way the article singled out Igbo people was unwarranted and only goes to show the paranoia and anti-Igbo propaganda that a lot of these people suffer from. I didn't see anything wrong with Igboid's first post; I didn't find it rude nor did I find it inappropriate considering that phrase in the article. Some of the responses to his post were uncalled for so I understand why he got a bit cross. The Enuguboy poster was out of order though and there's no defending that. I don't know any Igbo person that even cares about non-Igbos in the South-South, let alone want to 'annex' them .

Btw, the op is a bigot and you must take into account the part that he had to play in the derailment of this thread. Just look at the quote I posted for reference.

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
Chiwude:
conduct a DNA test on yourself...and who knows whether you are not hiding under igbo moniker to type rubbish so as to make it seem you are been neutral..
where u from sef??
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

who will even wanna relate with a low lifer like you...u're just like an ant thats why they snub you...u can't match so dont give reasons to console yourself
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

who will even wanna relate with a low lifer like you...u're just like an ant thats why they snub you...u can't match so dont give reasons to console yourself

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sexina851(f): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

Lol weytin dey beat you, can u pls tell me why you are crying? U better carry dat ur unshaved dirty armpit and ur body odour to ur money ritual household...

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

Lol weytin dey beat you, can u pls tell me why you are crying? U better carry dat ur unshaved dirty armpit and ur body odour to ur money ritual household...
see this poor thing who still believes in 21st century that rich men are ritualist..

grow up and hustle u will make some money and then stop to hate

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2016
@Chiwude.

I had to delay replying you. Because you are someone I respect and I could have used harsh word on you out of anger, if I had earlier replied that your ill thought Post constructed to curry favour from a people whose hearts are filled with Hatred for Ndiigbo, just to appear in their good books.

Please. Next time, when you go on such senseless ventures, make sure you keep me out of it.

My replies on this post were all weighted and measured to nullify and humiliate Igbophobic posts here.

My first Post here was clear and easy to understand with no malice whatsoever but with enough facts to correct the OP's wrong perceptions and projection of Ndiigbo.

And even the OP initially accepted my corrections until his Igbophobic brothers came in and started shooting venom on Ndiigbo from all corner, and I had to silence them all. I simply returned their hate with greater hate, and it worked, cos that's the only language they understand.

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
[b] I often encounter individuals of the two Nigerian largest tribes who believe all Niger Deltans are Igbos. They don't even recognise that most of these tribes have NOTHING to do with Igbo!

The only Niger Delta group that has nothing to do with Ndiigbo is Itsekiri.

It's okay to say that all Niger Deltans are not Igbos, that I agree 100% with. But you start stretching it when you say that MOST of Niger Delta tribes has nothing to do with Ndiigbo.

Infact, the only thing that Unites all Niger Delta tribes culturally, excluding Itsekiri is Shared history with Igbo speaking neighbors.

Urhobo/ Isoko has some towns with Igbo ancestry and still share boundary and cultures with the Igbo speaking Ukwuani even unto today.

Some Esan towns were founded by Igbo speaking people, like wise some Esan people who were absorbed into Igbo speaking Anioma today. As we speak, Ekpon, an Esan town in Edo is losing her Edoid language in favour of an Igboid( Ika) one. And we all know of the Existence of Igbo( Ika) speaking Igbanke people right in Edo state, and the Edo origin stories of many Igbo towns today in Anioma, Anambra, Rivers, and even some Enugu towns.

Ogoni people share a long history with Ndoki Igbo, just as a significant section of Okrika people are said to have originated in Ndoki. Ndoki also has ancestral connection with the Ibani people in Bonny and Opobo as well as with Ibibios.

Ngwa Igbo and Ikwuano Igbos share alot with the Annang people, their interactions was pre colonial as neighbors with Inter marriage and trading as well as diffusion of cultures both ways, like the Ekpo society.

The Aro Igbo people were traversing the entire Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi area,breaking cultural barriers by development of unified cultural ideologies like the Ekpe cult system and the Nsibidi writing system, centuries before the white man created Nigeria and the Urhobo man became aware that there was ever a people called Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi people.
And these people remain neighbors to Aros and to Ehugbo Igbos and Ikwo Igbos even till today.

I can go on and on.

But I'm sure you already get the point. [/b]

This was my first post.

There is no hate there. Just historical correction of the OP distortions.

5 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
"If you say so... "

This was the OP initial response to my initial post.

But when his hate gang brothers arrived, he went and modified that reply to feed their hate. And so the reply now read as this:

"If you say so...

The aim of this post is not in tandem with your assertions so I won't engage in a futile banter with you".

A wise man do not jump into issues he knows not the genesis.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2016
"Hmm! I see you're uncultured. Igbo boys aren't known to be loud and insultive. Maybe we need to conduct a DNA test in Igboland to differentiate ourselves from the aliens amongst us".

Lol!

"Most of them are more uncultured, insulting and rude Infact they have succeeded in painting the language negative with their attitude, especially where I stay most people don't relate with em at all".

Just take a look at the heart of these people.
This is the people you are trying to curry favour from. People that their Igbo hatred has no cure.
Please, stay out of my mention next time.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Igboid:
"If you say so... "

This was the OP initial response to my initial post.

But when his hate gang brothers arrived, he went and modified that reply to feed their hate. And so the reply now read as this:

"If you say so...

The aim of this post is not in tandem with your assertions so I won't engage in a futile banter with you".

A wise man do not jump into issues he knows not the genesis.

There you get it wrong. You Excluded the Itsekiri's because you don't even know anything about SS minorities.

Itsekiri just like Urhobo share same similarities, We have the same culture , We are from the same route.. infact the only difference b/w Itsekiri and Urhobo is the language, Why the itsekiri language sounds more of yoruba the Urhobo language sound more of Edo. so how can you have same culture with Urhobo but u claim u don't have anything with itsekiri, Is that possible ?

Now back to your earlier claim.. No Urhobo clan has anything to do with igbo , The reason Y orogun people mix (3-6%) Igbo with our Urhobo was because of inter - marriages & boundary. No were in the History of the Urhobo nation have we heard of such stories,

Now lets take for example the Ofoni people of Bayelsa, Those people are Urhobo but there language is more Ijaw than Urhobo , but they are Urhobo and ijaw haven't lay claim that they originated from Ijo.

please travel out b4 laying claim to culture u know nothing about.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sanchez01:

Urhobo men are actually strict and harsh. I for one am. The beating part though. I'm not sure I can raise my hand against a woman, let alone bring it down on her . My orientation in that regard is very far from the typical Urhobo man.

I think we need to dispel the polygamous attitude from our lifestyle. Times are fast evolving. Just like Frank AIG Imokhuede's poem, it should be one man, one woman.

Lolz . can't stop laughing .. @ bolded.. oh really.. believe me sometimes a little slap will solve so many issue.. go ask ur granddad.. Ladies need strong hands.. our Urhobo men of these generation are not like our forefathers.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sanchez01: 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Efewestern:

Lolz . can't stop laughing .. @ bolded.. oh really.. believe me sometimes a little slap will solve so many issue.. go ask ur granddad.. Ladies need strong hands.. our Urhobo men of these generation are not like our forefathers.
Slap kwa No ooo... That our forbears towed that path does not mean it's right.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

Igbo people aren't known to be insultive in reality. We are generally cool headed and friendly. However, a handful of us may display attitudes that are irritating and unpleasant. Yet that doesnt mean you should judge the whole tribe by the actions of a few. Just like in every family, there is always a Judas. Hope you concur. So which tribe are you?

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Sexina851(f): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

see this poor thing who still believes in 21st century that rich men are ritualist..

grow up and hustle u will make some money and then stop to hate

I didn't say "Rich men" I said your household cos I know your father didn't even make the list of Ace palm wine tappers In your village, so how can you tag urselves rich?

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Igboid: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
Efewestern:

There you get it wrong. You Excluded the Itsekiri's because you don't even know anything about SS minorities.

Itsekiri just like Urhobo share same similarities, We have the same culture , We are from the same route.. infact the only difference b/w Itsekiri and Urhobo is the language, Why the itsekiri language sounds more of yoruba the Urhobo language sound more of Edo. so how can you have same culture with Urhobo but u claim u don't have anything with itsekiri, Is that possible ?

Now back to your earlier claim.. No Urhobo clan has anything to do with igbo , The reason Y orogun people mix (3-6%) Igbo with our Urhobo was because of inter - marriages & boundary. No were in the History of the Urhobo nation have we heard of such stories,

Now lets take for example the Ofoni people of Bayelsa, Those people are Urhobo but there language is more Ijaw than Urhobo , but they are Urhobo and ijaw haven't lay claim that they originated from Ijo.

please travel out b4 laying claim to culture u know nothing about.

I said Ndiigbo has no relationship whatsoever with Itsekiri.

And I stand by it. I don't care about Urhobo relationship with Itsekiri, that's none of my business.

Anyway you slice and dice it. Urhobos had pre colonial interactions with Igbo speaking Abohs, and these interactions involved inter marriage, inter trade and co existence.

Urhobo man cannot deny this interactions and jump to claim relationship with an Ekoi man, under the banner of a nebulous term like Niger Delta.

This remains my point. You lots are the ones spinning this and allowing your innate Igbophobia blind your reasonings.

No where did I indicate that Ndiigbo are interested in forming a nation with Urhobos or their likes, but those were the sentiments that drove the hate unleashed on my harmless first post on this thread.

Ofcourse, I had to reply them with even bigger hate. It's natural that I do.

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Igboid:

I said Ndiigbo has no relationship whatsoever with Itsekiri.

And I stand by it. I don't care about Urhobo relationship with Itsekiri, that's none of my business.

Anyway you slice and dice it. Urhobos had pre colonial interactions with Igbo speaking Abohs, and these interactions involved inter marriage, inter trade and co existence.

Urhobo man cannot deny this interactions and jump to claim relationship with an Ekoi man, under the banner of a nebulous term like Niger Delta.

This remains my point. You lots are the ones spinning this and allowing your innate Igbophobia blind your reasonings.

No where did I indicate that Ndiigbo are interested in forming a nation with Urhobos or their likes, but those were the sentiments that drove the hate unleashed on my harmless first post on this thread.

Ofcourse, I had to reply them with even bigger hate. It's natural that I do.

Let's just forget about this issue.. But Just incase, Don't post such a thing again , to you it might b nothing, but to an Urhobo man U re Insulting him. They mean no harm thou.. just Protecting There own grin grin..
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Efewestern: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sexina851:

I didn't say "Rich men" I said your household cos I know your father didn't even make the list of Ace palm wine tappers In your village, so how can you tag urselves rich?

Babe u wicked o.. please its okay.. lolz.. ur comment thou.. W
Wo'r bran' Re'h ..Chai
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
Ngozi123:

Tbf, the way the article singled out Igbo people was unwarranted and only goes to show the paranoia and anti-Igbo propaganda that a lot of these people suffer from. I didn't see anything wrong with Igboid's first post; I didn't find it rude nor did I find it inappropriate considering that phrase in the article. Some of the responses to his post were uncalled for so I understand why he got a bit cross. The Enuguboy poster was out of order though and there's no defending that. I don't know any Igbo person that even cares about non-Igbos in the South-South, let alone want to 'annex' them .

Btw, the op is a bigot and you must take into account the part that he had to play in the derailment of this thread. Just look at the quote I posted for reference.
Ngozi nwannem nwanyi, I saw the blunder of the OP and I think it was uncalled for. Whether intentional or accidental he shouldn't had included such controversial statement in his article. However, if you know the antecedent of Frathermarthy, you would understand he isn't one used to stoking tribal sentiments. I have known him for years here on nairaland and can testify that he isnt anti-Igbo. He made a blunder and has now edited his post after much banter. So, I see no reason why we shouldn't shelth our sword. Enuguboy4nsk as well as the numerous Urhobo warriors can be likened as uninvited warriors coming to pour more fire in a burning house. Their conducts and comments were childish and shouldn't be condoned.
Igboid is a good brother of mine. He did'nt do wrong by calling the OP to order, at least if I was in his shoes, I would have done so too. But am sorry to say that sometimes he doesn't know how to pick his fights. Ndigbo as it stand especially on nairaland should pick its fights wisely. We shouldn't go about creating enemies for ourselves and that including jumping on every thread uninvited. The Urhobo people arent our enemies and even the thread in question was opened by a concerned Urhobo to solve a burning issue bothering them. Igboid is a pro-Igbo just like me and one whom I learnt a lot from. However, I didnt rebuke him because of his person - because I admire him and would want to associate with him, but because his first comment showed someone in a haste to derail the thread, by rushing to bring Igbo connection with Urhobo people. Even if he wanted to counter the claims of the OP that the Niger-Delta tribes (inclusive of the Igboid groups) have SOMETHING in common with the Igbos, he should have gone ahead to open a thread for that purpose, and allow the Urhobo people share ideas on how to stop their language from going into extinction. But before then he should have first called the attention of the OP to the perceived blunder. As I said earlier Frathermarthy isn't one known to harbour a conceited hatred for Ndigbo, and trust me when I say he would have edited that sentence. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
Igboid:
"Hmm! I see you're uncultured. Igbo boys aren't known to be loud and insultive. Maybe we need to conduct a DNA test in Igboland to differentiate ourselves from the aliens amongst us".

Lol!

"Most of them are more uncultured, insulting and rude Infact they have succeeded in painting the language negative with their attitude, especially where I stay most people don't relate with em at all".

Just take a look at the heart of these people.
This is the people you are trying to curry favour from. People that their Igbo hatred has no cure.
Please, stay out of my mention next time.
Check my reply and you'll see how I answered her. But because one person acted rude doesn't imply that all Urhobos see us in that light. What about the hate comment some of us lash at them, does that implies everyone pf us hate them too. Think about it?
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
Igboid:
[b] I often encounter individuals of the two Nigerian largest tribes who believe all Niger Deltans are Igbos. They don't even recognise that most of these tribes have NOTHING to do with Igbo!

The only Niger Delta group that has nothing to do with Ndiigbo is Itsekiri.

It's okay to say that all Niger Deltans are not Igbos, that I agree 100% with. But you start stretching it when you say that MOST of Niger Delta tribes has nothing to do with Ndiigbo.

Infact, the only thing that Unites all Niger Delta tribes culturally, excluding Itsekiri is Shared history with Igbo speaking neighbors.

Urhobo/ Isoko has some towns with Igbo ancestry and still share boundary and cultures with the Igbo speaking Ukwuani even unto today.

Some Esan towns were founded by Igbo speaking people, like wise some Esan people who were absorbed into Igbo speaking Anioma today. As we speak, Ekpon, an Esan town in Edo is losing her Edoid language in favour of an Igboid( Ika) one. And we all know of the Existence of Igbo( Ika) speaking Igbanke people right in Edo state, and the Edo origin stories of many Igbo towns today in Anioma, Anambra, Rivers, and even some Enugu towns.

Ogoni people share a long history with Ndoki Igbo, just as a significant section of Okrika people are said to have originated in Ndoki. Ndoki also has ancestral connection with the Ibani people in Bonny and Opobo as well as with Ibibios.

Ngwa Igbo and Ikwuano Igbos share alot with the Annang people, their interactions was pre colonial as neighbors with Inter marriage and trading as well as diffusion of cultures both ways, like the Ekpo society.

The Aro Igbo people were traversing the entire Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi area,breaking cultural barriers by development of unified cultural ideologies like the Ekpe cult system and the Nsibidi writing system, centuries before the white man created Nigeria and the Urhobo man became aware that there was ever a people called Ibibio- Efik-Ekoi people.
And these people remain neighbors to Aros and to Ehugbo Igbos and Ikwo Igbos even till today.

I can go on and on.

But I'm sure you already get the point. [/b]

This was my first post.

There is no hate there. Just historical correction of the OP distortions.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Teknireich(m): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
Great writer!

You write very well..

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by amenuveve: 1:59am On Sep 22, 2016
Opharhe:
The Urhobo progress Union (UPU) have branches all over including Europe a day America. I believe there's a good population of Urhobos in Ghana. Just try to connect. God bless you as you do.
Urhobo wadoo .

Good idea, thanks
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 22, 2016
Chiwude:
Ngozi nwannem nwanyi, I saw the blunder of the OP and I think it was uncalled for. Whether intentional or accidental he shouldn't had included such controversial statement in his article. However, if you know the antecedent of Frathermarthy, you would understand he isn't one used to stoking tribal sentiments. I have known him for years here on nairaland and can testify that he isnt anti-Igbo. He made a blunder and has now edited his post after much banter. So, I see no reason why we shouldn't shelth our sword. Enuguboy4nsk as well as the numerous Urhobo warriors can be likened as uninvited warriors coming to pour more fire in a burning house. Their conducts and comments were childish and shouldn't be condoned.
Igboid is a good brother of mine. He did'nt do wrong by calling the OP to order, at least if I was in his shoes, I would have done so too. But am sorry to say that sometimes he doesn't know how to pick his fights. Ndigbo as it stand especially on nairaland should pick its fights wisely. We shouldn't go about creating enemies for ourselves and that including jumping on every thread uninvited. The Urhobo people arent our enemies and even the thread in question was opened by a concerned Urhobo to solve a burning issue bothering them. Igboid is a pro-Igbo just like me and one whom I learnt a lot from. However, I didnt rebuke him because of his person - because I admire him and would want to associate with him, but because his first comment showed someone in a haste to derail the thread, by rushing to bring Igbo connection with Urhobo people. Even if he wanted to counter the claims of the OP that the Niger-Delta tribes (inclusive of the Igboid groups) have SOMETHING in common with the Igbos, he should have gone ahead to open a thread for that purpose, and allow the Urhobo people share ideas on how to stop their language from going into extinction. But before then he should have first called the attention of the OP to the perceived blunder. As I said earlier Frathermarthy isn't one known to harbour a conceited hatred for Ndigbo, and trust me when I say he would have edited that sentence. Shalom!
bros what u failed to understand is that here is a social media plat form..and as that anything anyone posts is subject to public discussion...if people dont want others to contribute in what they have in mind they should simply keep it to themselves or chat on whatsapp group....what i dont like is when people call the first shot and when u go defence of your people they will now turn around to blame you....if u chose to ignore fratermathy side of the discourse then is left for you....if u wanna analyse a situation why not be open minded about it...thats just the little i have to tell u
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

bros what u failed to understand is that here is a social media plat form..and as that anything anyone posts is subject to public discussion...if people dont want others to contribute in what they have in mind they should simply keep it to themselves or chat on whatsapp group....what i dont like is when people call the first shot and when u go defence of your people they will now turn around to blame you....if u chose to ignore fratermathy side of the discourse then is left for you....if u wanna analyse a situation why not be open minded about it...thats just the little i have to tell u
It's a social media site and more reason why everyone must show a bit of decorum. Let stay away from the said issue that let to the rancour and focus on the main aim of the thread. If you carefully observe the title of this topic, you'll see it was made for the Urhobos to fashion out ways to stop their language from dying. Frathermarthy wrote a beautiful piece laden with his own ideas and expected his kinsmen to contribute to it. Such a write up was similar to the threads we once opened in the past, where we sought out ways to stop the Igbo language from going into extinction. Many of those ideas have now been practicalised in reality. Like the idea that Igbo be used as a medium of expression in our state legislatures, the establishment of Igbo learning schools in distant lands and the idea of an AMIgbo channel etc. What we did then, is similar to what Frathermarthy is doing through this thread. The opinions of other tribes was expected to be more of an advisory or observation mode. You can point out corrections in a civil manner and even add up your own contributions, but don't derail the thread.
Lastly, nobody says you shouldn't defend your people, but before you defend know what you're defending and know if the thread in question calls for that.
Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2016
Chiwude:
It's a social media site and more reason why everyone must show a bit of decorum. Let stay away from the said issue that let to the rancour and focus on the main aim of the thread. If you carefully observe the title of this topic, you'll see it was made for the Urhobos to fashion out ways to stop their language from dying. Frathermarthy wrote a beautiful piece laden with his own ideas and expected his kinsmen to contribute to it. Such a write up was similar to the threads we once opened in the past, where we sought out ways to stop the Igbo language from going into extinction. Many of those ideas have now been practicalised in reality. Like the idea that Igbo be used as a medium of expression in our state legislatures, the establishment of Igbo learning schools in distant lands and the idea of an AMIgbo channel etc. What we did then, is similar to what Frathermarthy is doing through this thread. The opinions of other tribes was expected to be more of an advisory or observation mode. You can point out corrections in a civil manner and even add up your own contributions, but don't derail the thread.
Lastly, nobody says you shouldn't defend your people, but before you defend know what you're defending and know if the thread in question calls for that.
ina ako mgbu nwokem....i should use a civil way to approach a generalization and balkanization of a people he described on his thread?? see if u still lack what to say u better shut the hell up

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by Armaggedon: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Chiwude:
its either you are being plain silly or you are trying to curry some favour from some Igbophobic elements. Every sane mind who followed the thread from the beginning will not have the course to arrive at your terribly insane judgement.

Op made a very wrong statement by saying that most Niger delta groups have nothing to do with Igbo. Igboid corrected him with a fact-laden lecture, and instead of noting the correction, he replied with an insult and went ahead to exchange Igbophobic banters and you want to absorb him of blame. Does his claim that Igbos want to 'annex' them not prove that he is a lowlife bigot?

To think of the fact that you claim to know him as a neutral person annoys me. The frathermathy handle is same one as Jacysandra imposting as Asaba girl and another third Handle claiming kwale and he use all of them to bash Igbos. In most of his threads he always finds a way to rope Igbos into it in order to attract tribal banters and i will share some of them. Pls never compromise your love for Igbo just to be seen by others as reponsible 'cos they actually portray you as irresponsible.

3 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Urhobo And Other Niger Deltan Languages by fratermathy(m): 2:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Armaggedon:
its either you are being plain silly or you are trying to curry some favour from some Igbophobic elements. Every sane mind who followed the thread from the beginning will not have the course to arrive at your terribly insane judgement.

Op made a very wrong statement by saying that most Niger delta groups have nothing to do with Igbo. Igboid corrected him with a fact-laden lecture, and instead of noting the correction, he replied with an insult and went ahead to exchange Igbophobic banters and you want to absorb him of blame. Does his claim that Igbos want to 'annex' them not prove that he is a lowlife bigot?

To think of the fact that you claim to know him as a neutral person annoys me. The frathermathy handle is same one as Jacysandra imposting as Asaba girl and another third Handle claiming kwale and he use all of them to bash Igbos. In most of his threads he always finds a way to rope Igbos into it in order to attract tribal banters and i will share some of them. Pls never compromise your love for Igbo just to be seen by others as reponsible 'cos they actually portray you as irresponsible.

Bigfrancis21 please do what you do. This is also form of derailment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Canadian Terry Duguid In Igbo Attire During Festival. Photos / Loyalty In Relationships: Are Black Women Too Loyal To Black Men / DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.