Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit (779 Views)

Simple Ways To Stay Healthy While You Enjoy The Holidays / Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by eltalentino(m): 1:22am On Sep 20, 2016
Living a healthy life is not rocket science – yes, it doesn’t matter whether you agree with me or not. The problems rest on the fact that a lot of us tend to compromise on our health either intentionally or innocently just to feel better.

We feel like eating some certain kinds of foods including junks just to satisfy our appetite and most of the time we are too engrossed or too busy to exercise or get some good sleep. At the end, we have ourselves to blame for the simple things we failed to do when our body system come crashing like a pack of cards.

Here are five easy things or let’s call them habits you need to imbibe to give your life a healthy leap.

Eat right

I won’t make a fuss about this one. A family doctor used to tell us “if you eat well, you might not have to worry about syringes ending up on your butt”. Eating well is for me the first in the line of things you need to do to stay healthy.

Most of the foods we eat these days are prepackaged, frozen or chemically processed. Little wonder our fathers who lived on freshly prepared foods lived longer and by miles fitter than us – don’t tell me that crap about evolution and environmental pollution.

I hope you didn’t take my last few lines too seriously, that was on a lighter note. As a general rule, fresh vegetables and fruits will do the trick.

Drink lot of water

Now there are so many liquids out there in the markets, and these liquids have found their ways to our refrigerators. Hey, I understand some of these liquids – juices, alcoholic and non-alcoholic wines, beverages and what have you have great taste and surely will keep our taste buds begging for more.

Do you want to know the truth? You are better off on water than on any of these liquids.

You will agree with me that none of this stuff mentioned above can act as a direct substitute for water. Water is essential in keeping the body hydrated, and also very vital for proper digestion, nutrient absorption and for the transport of waste materials out of our bodies. You should drink at least 2-3 litres of water daily.
You need to avoid or limit your alcohol intake if you are serious about achieving a healthy living. I almost left that out.
Make exercise a daily routine

You do not need to go to the gym before you exercise yourself. You can exercise in your bedroom or wherever you are comfortable with. The more you exercise the more calories you burn and the higher your metabolic rate. Exercise helps improve your brain function, strengthen your heart muscles and help you maintain a healthy weight. Regular exercise enhances your immune system and helps pump oxygen and nutrients around the body.

Take out time to sleep

Every other day, we are out there trying to close that sale, pursue a contract or make ends meet by making that extra penny. In the midst of our ever busy schedule, we also get distracted by our gadgets – phones, computers and televisions and hardly have time to rest or sleep well enough.

No matter how busy your work schedule, it is advisable to take time out between work hours to take a quick nap or rest. It will improve your productivity and avoid brain fatigue – when you can hardly concentrate on your daily tasks.

Have a positive attitude

Things don’t always turn out pretty well the way we envisaged them to, yet we owe ourselves a great deal to ensure that those temporary setbacks do not get the better of us. Your attitude and the way you respond to negative situations has a way of taking it toll on our health. Worries and negative energy would only result in stress, anxiety, depression and hypertension. You know what that means.

Oh well, I didn’t intend to make this post a long one, yet it was important we told ourselves some hard truths. You need to make a commitment to yourself to take your health more seriously. You rarely get anything going in life except you are determined enough to get it done. Imbibe these five easy steps and live long enough to enjoy your wealth.

Are there any tips you feel I left out, feel free to use the comment section. Help a friend stay healthy and fit by sharing this post.

http://www.humantherapyhub.com/2016/09/5-easy-things-to-do-stay-healthy-and-fit.html
Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by chriskosherbal(m): 5:33am On Sep 20, 2016
Nice write up op
Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by Emmylo14(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2016
TEA CAN PREVENT STROKE

Have you ever been told that drinking tea regularly can reduce your risk of having stroke ?

Studies have shown that there was a 13% lower risk of stroke among tea drinkers.

But there are different types of tea. So the question now is what type of tea can reduce the risk of having stroke ?

WHAT TYPE OF TEA?

Though over 100 varieties of tea exist and it's just too obvious that it's not all of them can reduce the risk of stroke.

Researchers have not actually pin-point any particular variety of to be responsible for reducing the risk of stroke.

Though, results of smaller researches suggested that green tea consumption was associated with a decreased stroke rate but that black tea consumption was not.

WHAT AMOUNT IS SUFFICIENT?

The effect of tea on stroke risk is a long-term effect one.

Studies have shown that http://caring4naija..com/2016/09/tea-can-prevent-stroke.html

Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by eltalentino(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Nice write up op
Thanks BRO.
Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2016
Very easy. Preventive medicine is always the way to go. An average nigeria man believes in quatity over quality. When you see them eat you begin to wonder, they will heap their plates with "swallows" and the soup will be so scanty of vegetables and even fish or meat is absent, they will then top it up with a bottle of alomo or soft drinks. That meal is just so crap. A plate of freshly prepared fruits and vegetables is far more nutritous than that.
Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by eltalentino(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Very easy. Preventive medicine is always the way to go. An average nigeria man believes in quatity over quality. When you see them eat you begin to wonder, they will heap their plates with "swallows" and the soup will be so scanty of vegetables and even fish or meat is absent, they will then top it up with a bottle of alomo or soft drinks. That meal is just so crap. A plate of freshly prepared fruits and vegetables is far more nutritous than that.
Nice summary bro. You nailed this one.
Re: 5 Easy Things To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2016
eltalentino:
Nice summary bro. You nailed this one.

Na so.

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Garden Egg Can Do For You – You Need To See These / Skin Cancer Awareness Month: Types Of Skin Cancers / I Escape Death On Christmass Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.