Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right (878 Views)

How Push Up Bras Cause Breast Cancer In Ladies (Photos) / How Many Press Ups Can You Do? / How Will My Life Change If I Do 200 Push-ups Every Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by Chipappii(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2016
Bodybuilders in the house. Please i would like to ask certain questions about push ups.
I just started doing it and i have been wondering if it can totally replace weight lifting. Then i do it every morning, 30 reps 3 sets for starters. Is that okay? And i have been thinking of doing it at night too before I go to bed, i.e morning and night. I hope that is okay too. Thanks for your enlightenment.
Re: Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2016
It seems you just started doing push-ups. Well push-ups is good, at least it makes use of your body-weight as a form of resistance. Push-ups can only do a little. You might notice some changes in your body, possibly increase in chest-width, arm size, triceps, back and even your abs but you will plateau(when muscle growth stops) faster.

So if you want muscles, weight-training is always the way to go. Start at your pace and be observant of your progression.
Re: Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by Chipappii(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
It seems you just started doing push-ups. Well push-ups is good, at least it makes use of your body-weight as a form of resistance. Push-ups can only do a little. You might notice some changes in your body, possibly increase in chest-width, arm size, triceps, back and even your abs but you will plateau(when muscle growth stops) faster.

So if you want muscles, weight-training is always the way to go. Start at your pace and be observant of your progression.
Thanks. So weight lifting is absolutely necessary. I grow muscles at a very slow pace. Am skinny. Any advice
Re: Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2016
Buy me a carton of Snickers bars and come to my end. I'd teach you how to grow using push-ups alone.
Re: Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2016
Chipappii:

Thanks. So weight lifting is absolutely necessary. I grow muscles at a very slow pace. Am skinny. Any advice
U are skinny does not mean you will not develop good muscles when you begin the training. You can get some infos about how to go about it on my thread.
Re: Push Ups. Help Me Do It Right by meobizy(f): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2018
I see OP still didn’t take any of the advices given. Kikikikiki. Nairalanders, na una way.

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Your Memory / Cleared / What Eating Ice Cream Can Do To You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.