Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,074 members, 7,953,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? (1150 Views)

Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football / Rabiu Ibrahim Collapsed On The Pitch, Rushed To Hospital / Rabiu Ibrahim Signs Lucrative 3 & Half Year Deal With Celtic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by Oye50(m): 1:12am On Oct 12, 2009
After watching this young lad in 2007 and d recent egypt tournament, i then asked myself if Rabiu is d player we've been waiting for after Okocha's departure.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by emiwanlee(m): 4:53am On Oct 12, 2009
You must apologize to the whole Nigerians 4 dragging the name of Okocha's name into the mud
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by otokx(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2009
Rabiu Ibrahim is quite cool and i suggest they try him in a national friendly.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by Oye50(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2009
Emiwanlee, with all due respect to our able okocha, i can never compare him with any player whatsoever but all am seeing is a way forward for our dear nation at least okocha didn't start as the big superstar we all know, he started small. So this is not a comparism but a suggestion n if u still think i need to apologise, well i do apologise.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by bamsshegz8(m): 10:23am On Oct 15, 2009
i think they should give the guy a chance,
he has the skillz and very good passing
look @ messi he started playing for barca @ 18 he has now developed the be one of the best footballers in the world;@ just 22
let them give the guy a chance , he is talented
he could be world best who knows,
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by chic2pimp(m): 10:39am On Oct 15, 2009
Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? Yes He can. However, we need to give the dude time to develop.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by slimghost(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2009
Of course he can!!!!!!! The lad should be giving a chance, age doesnt matter in modern football anymore, if u are good,then you are good. I think Amodu should draft Rabiu and Nwankwo into the Green Eagles.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by andyty(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
Rabiu Ibrahim has everything to be the new Okocha but he should be allowed to grow at the rate he's going. Pressure should not be put on him now but he needs gradual progress, I support Obiora Nwankwo being given a chance too.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by galatico(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
He can fit into his shoes, it takes time, to like Okocha is not a day job it takes years, Rabiu should just work real hard he'll get there someday, tis guy called Lukman Haruna I just hate that guy for being too proud, and as the saying goes pride goeth before a fall, he's gonna fall , don't get me wrong am not a bad person am just saying it as I see it .
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by Jarus(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2009
The guy can fit into JJ's shoes. He, to me, is a better player than Mikel. Accurate passes, deft touches, good turning, attack minded, great dribbling skills. His major weakness, however, is his strenght. He can be easily pushed aside. If he had the shot and strenght of Lukman Haruna, then a new JJ has come.

But while we believe he has the potential to be the new JJ, we must not forget that we have had other players that shone like that in youth tournaments and ended not flopping at the national level. Mikel comes handy here.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by Oye50(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2009
@ jarus dat makes a whole lot of sense. Then the question is what can our football administrators do to help this young lad and ensure that he doesn't turn out to become a player like mikel?
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by naso2(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
@poster
Compare okocha's woeful performance in Mauritius 93 to Rabiu's fair performance in Egypt and you will agree that the guy can fit in well. He only needs a good club where he will be playing regularly.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by naso2(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
emiwanlee:

You must apologize to the whole Nigerians 4 dragging the name of Okocha's name into the mud
Nonsense
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by scottN(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2009
I've been trying to find out where Rabiu is. Nigeria shouldn't just abandon him. I'm sure he will fit perfectly into JJ's shoe if given the time just as JJ was given (and let mikel obi take oliseh's role).Infact he even plays a more purposeful football than when JJ was at his level.
Re: Can Rabiu Ibrahim Fit In Okocha's Shoes? by chelseabmw(m): 12:42am On Oct 20, 2009
yes i believe he will fit if he is given the opportunity NOW

(1) (Reply)

Much Respect To Kevin-prince Boateng / 2013 Afcon Finals - Official Medal Table Released By Caf! / Nigerian Footballers Playing In England Is Dwindling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.