Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Christians are not followers of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians are not followers of Jesus (1197 Views)

"Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / 10 Ways Nigerian Christians Are Killing Christianity But Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

Christians are not followers of Jesus by rexben(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2016
It is very fortunate for 21st century Christians that the epistles, especially that of Paul was canonized. If not for that, the number of people that claim to 'follow' Jesus will be sparse as it was in the days of Jesus.
Although, Jesus' disciples are sparse even in this generation.
The epistles provides people the opportunities to follow Jesus and do not what He says.
This event is a repeat of what happened in the time of Jesus. They claim to follow Him and call Him Lord but they don't do what He says.
Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and don't do what I tell you?
Luke 6:46
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Princewell2012(m): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
You re actually making a point.
pls can you expanciate a little bit. Am interested on it.
Thank you.
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
Princewell2012:
You re actually making a point.

pls can you expanciate a little bit. Am interested on it.

Thank you.
I don't think he is making sense with this one. The word Christianity was formed from the word Christ.i.e Jesus Christ. The teachings of apostle Paul was divine. Apostle Paul wasn't educated but gave some useful advice in his letters and epistles which wasn't from human wisdom but from God. Don't confused yourself with this.

I would have love the title to be "Christians are not followers of religion" because Christians I know are followers of Jesus. Stereotype this is.

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by rexben(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Jesuobu:
I don't think he is making sense with this one. The word Christianity was formed from the word Christ.i.e Jesus Christ. The teachings of apostle Paul was divine. Apostle Paul wasn't educated but gave some useful advice in his letters and epistles which wasn't from human wisdom but from God. Don't confused yourself with this.

I would have love the title to be "Christians are not followers of religion" because Christians I know are followers of Jesus. Stereotype this is.
Christians does not mean behaving like Christ, some said it means little Christ, Christ like etc, there is no agreement on what the name means.
If christians means Christ-like, which Christ were they referring to?
For there are many Christs.
Lemme shock you, Paul was also a christ.
Christ means the anointed one. Was Paul not anointed?
Jesus is the Christ of God.
There is no reference in Acts 11:26 that says there were referring to Jesus.
You can check my trend on WHO SHOULD NAME YOUR CHILD? for clarity on this
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
Christians does not mean behaving like Christ, some said it means little Christ, Christ like etc, there is no agreement on what the name means.
If christians means Christ-like, which Christ were they referring to?
For there are many Christs.
Lemme shock you, Paul was also a christ.
Christ means the anointed one
. Was Paul not anointed?
Jesus is the Christ of God.
There is no reference in Acts 11:26 that says there were referring to Jesus.
You can check my trend on WHO SHOULD NAME YOUR CHILD? for clarity on this
Don't confused yourself with your own doctrine but follow the already laid down principles. Christ doesn't mean "anointed one" but means Messiah and there only one Messiah which is Jesus Christ.

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2016
The word "Christ" itself had nothing to do with Jesus. The word " Christ" is a Latin representation of " Positive Energy" or "Light". Jesus being called light is only a symbol of the people seeing him as telling the truth. Basically we can call Christ "Truth". My name is Ife and adding Christ to it back in the days would mean I was a truth teller or a respected philosopher.

Jesus himself did not write a book. So his story might have been a way for the people in control to get the people together, especially the poor who were close to anarchy. The rich had to protect themselves by presenting someone as poor as them who promised a better life elsewhere

So Christians are not followers of Jesus but followers of what they perceive as the truth

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:
The word "Christ" itself had nothing to do with Jesus. The word " Christ" is a Latin representation of " Positive Energy" or "Light". Jesus being called light is only a symbol of the people seeing him as telling the truth. Basically we can call Christ "Truth". My name is Ife and adding Christ to it back in the days would mean I was a truth teller or a respected philosopher.

Jesus himself did not write a book. So his story might have been a way for the people in control to get the people together, especially the poor who were

close to anarchy. The rich had to protect themselves by presenting someone as poor as them who promised a better life elsewhere

So Christians are not followers of Jesus but followers of what they perceive as the truth

Indeed many are mad but few are roaming.
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2016
4everGod:

Shouldn't you be in a church paying your tithe right now ?

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

Shouldn't you be in a church paying your tithe right now ?

its 11.30 am. We dont sleep in church on sundays do we? plus i am sure you have heard of 1st or 2nd services....I am also not a tither. So sorry to disappoint you.

But why are you stalking any post pr thread where JESUS is mentioned....You do not believe in Him but took out time to try and explain the word CHRIST!

Have you had your caffeine dose today?

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
4everGod:

its 11.30 am. We dont sleep in church on sundays do we? plus i am sure you have heard of 1st or 2nd services....I am also not a tither. So sorry to disappoint you.

But why are you stalking any post pr thread where JESUS is mentioned....You do not believe in Him but took out time to try and explain the word CHRIST!

Have you had your caffeine dose today?

Why don't you pay tithe you sinner?...you will go to hell!

You are the one stalking me

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
4everGod:

not only that, many are condemned but only few among them will be saved. The devil knows that there is no way he can repent and all he does is search for available prey that will go to hell with him.
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Hiswordxray(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

Jesus himself did not write a book. So his story might have been a way for the people in control to get the people together, especially the poor who were close to anarchy. The rich had to protect themselves by presenting someone as poor as them who promised a better life elsewhere

So this is the junk you feed yourself with now. So pitiful
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Hiswordxray(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
rexben:
It is very fortunate for 21st century Christians that the epistles, especially that of Paul was canonized. If not for that, the number of people that claim to 'follow' Jesus will be sparse as it was in the days of Jesus.
Although, Jesus' disciples are sparse even in this generation.
The epistles provides people the opportunities to follow Jesus and do not what He says.
This event is a repeat of what happened in the time of Jesus. They claim to follow Him and call Him Lord but they don't do what He says.
Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord,' and don't do what I tell you?
Luke 6:46
Let me give you Paul's own word
" 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Gal 2:20)
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiswordxray:

Junk is thinking Jesus is your saviour

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiswordxray:

Junk is thinking Jesus is your saviour. Only the truth can save you not Jesus.

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Hiswordxray(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

Junk is thinking Jesus is your saviour. Only the truth can save you not Jesus.
You know the truth and you know that is junk you are feeding on but you continue eating it since it makes you feel better.

Why are you so afraid of the truth?

do you think it's going to kill you?
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by APCsupporter: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
4everGod:

I have finished going through all your questions but I still don't understand what your point is. You may be among those that aren't roaming

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiswordxray:

You know the truth and you know that is junk you are feeding on but you continue eating it since it makes you feel better.

Why are you so afraid of the truth?

do you think it's going to kill you?
I love the truth. The truth is I am my own saviour. If anyone is scared of the truth it's you.

You are scared to take responsibility for you life

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Hiswordxray(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

I love the truth. The truth is I am my own saviour. I anyone is scared of the truth it's you.

How far do you think this would take you?
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiswordxray:

How far do you think this would take you?

You mean how far will me taking responsibility for myself take me? As far as I want

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Hiswordxray(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

You mean how far will me taking responsibility for myself take me? As far as I want
Is that what they told you?
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
ifenes:

Why don't you pay tithe you sinner?...you will go to hell!

You are the one stalking me

Oh you care about my destination? I guess you just might be afraid of hell because you are the first to mention it and fear of hell apparently is not on me because as a believer if i had it why would i not be a tither?

Ifenes the scifi Atheist
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by ifenes(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hiswordxray:

Is that what they told you?

That you need to love yourself

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by EyeHateGod: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
This was One of the Reason I gave up On The Faith Everywhere u Look Hypocrites Yet they can Form Holy than thou!

@Op The reason Is that Most Christian Only Read the Bible from Their Pastors Mouth Am Talking 80%
Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by EyeHateGod: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jesuobu:
Don't confused yourself with your own doctrine but follow the already laid down principles. Christ doesn't mean "anointed one" but means Messiah and there only one Messiah which is Jesus Christ.
grin see olodo
Christ = Greek
Messiah = Hebrew
meaning = The Anointed One

Jesus = English
Yeshua = Hebrew
Ben(hebrew) = son
Bin(Arabic) = Son
Yeshua Ben Elohim = Son of God
Yeshua bin Yusuf = Son of Joseph

They Are So many Messiah in The Bible Eg Moses, King David, Solomon, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Jonan yes that fish guy He was a Messiah to so basically they are many Christ! in the Bible... ur case is what happen when u don't read ur Bible but do read it from pastor mouth!

Re: Christians are not followers of Jesus by rexben(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:
This was One of the Reason I gave up On The Faith Everywhere u Look Hypocrites Yet they can Form Holy than thou!

@Op The reason Is that Most Christian Only Read the Bible from Their Pastors Mouth Am Talking 80%
Christianity has never represented God, the best they represented was Paul, the self acclaimed apostle.
Pls, don't give up on God and His son Jesus because of Christianity.
Don't mind Christians, the God they preaches is different from the one Jesus teaches.
Christians don't love nor listen to Jesus, who they listen to is Paul

Do This & Test God, And See Him Do A NEW THING In Your Life Today. / WHY YOU SHOULD STOP THE USE OF IJN / Daddy Freeze Prophecies For 2018

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51