Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile (22892 Views)

I Was Begged In My Home To Lead PDP – Sheriff / PDP Crisis: Sheriff, Makarfi Meet Tomorrow As Governors Split / PDP Bot Sends Sheriff, Makarfi Out Of meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Limitednow: 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2016
THE opposition Peoples Democratic Party is back as “one family”, a member of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi’s National Caretaker Committee, Senator Ben Obi, announced a while ago.

Senator Obi spoke with newsmen ahead of a joint press conference billed to be addressed by Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and Makarfi.

Obi, who was flanked by another PDP chieftain from Sheriff’s camp, Dr. Cairo Ojougboh, said both leaders have reconciled and would now set up a joint committee with the support of stakeholders.

He said: “We have decided to issue a joint statement.

“As we speak today, the PDP is back as one family.

“The two leaders will address you gentlemen of the press.

“They will constitute a joint committee with the support of all relevant organs of the party.”

Makarfi, Sheriff Releases Statement

In a statement jointly signed by Sheriff an Makarfi the two leaders agreed to consult with other relevant organs of the party for a final resolution of the leadership crisis that has engulfed the party for a whole now.

The statement titled “Rejuvenating the PDP”reads “This is without prejudice to all outstanding matters in court. At a meeting held this morning between the two of us, a holistic review of the state of affairs of our great party, PDP, was deliberated upon.

“In reviewing the crisis that has engulfed our party since the loss of the 2015 general election after 15years of uninterrupted leadership at the centre, it became obvious to both of us as principal actors that it is time to heal the wounds. And bring about a united, focused and constructive opposition party that can bring sanity to our democratic process. Bringing relief to the teeming supporters of our great party and to the benefit of our great country.

“Based on the above, we have both agreed to: Consult widely with all relevant organs of the party; Set up a joint committee that will carry out a holistic reconciliation of all aggrieved segments of our party across the country and in Diaspora; Pursue the vision of the founding fathers of our great party.

“Details of all the above will be made public soonest.

“We therefore call on all party members to remain calm and refrain from any actions and utterances that could further bring about divisions or dispute the party”

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/pdp-sheriff-makarfi-factions-reconcile/

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by GoggleB(m): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice move..
Get ur heads together and work well..

Don't know what you were waiting for all this while.

44 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Blizzy9ja: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
The zombies won't like this...

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by INTROVERT(f): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
DULL OPPOSITION.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by jlinkd78(m): 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2016
OK. This social times site is really becoming news breaking these days.

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by dimieprincess(f): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
I don't know why but I despise this man call Sheriff, please pdp should collapse their party and form a new party.

5 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by demolinka(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nooooo!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by GoggleB(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2016
dimieprincess:
I don't know why but I despise this man call Sheriff, please pdp should collapse their party and form a new party.
What shud the new name be?

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by ishiamu(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2016
bad news for zombies

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by dimieprincess(f): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
GoggleB:
The Democrats

6 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by dimieprincess(f): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
GoggleB:
The Democrats

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by donpapa(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2016
Nice move! We really need a viable and vibrant opposition to keep the ruling party on its toes. Thats the beauty of democracy instead of demonstration of craze we've been practicing in recent time.

10 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by donpapa(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
My thought exactly. smiley

jlinkd78:

2 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Fran6ik: 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2016
Wow... APC don die oo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Limitednow: 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
jlinkd78:

Since I subscribed to the site, every news get to my email first before I even see it on NL

1 Like

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by gunuvi(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
zombies go die today with shame...hohohohoho.

3 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by DONSMITH123(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
TonyeBacarnister, tell me the truth first.

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by tuniski: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
The best news of the day. Let apc feel the heat and get serious they have been taking citizens for granted.
Time to claim the future cos apc is a scam!

7 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by bonechamberlain(m): 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2016
Wonderful, obj's wise advice

1 Like

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Limitednow: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2016
Lalasticlala, food don land
Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Omenkata: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
grin
ngeneukwenu cleverly 1united1 cheesy
Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2016
Waiting for Tinubu to throw his weight on KOWA party.

I am sure his case would be Yaya Toure.

1 Like

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by hakimmiyya: 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2016
Party of hypocrites. So the party members are not alleging sheriff has a stooj any more. They are now ready to work with him again.
So sheriff is now a genuine party stalwart and not a betrayer. Party of People Deceiving people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by id911(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2016
hakimmiyya:
Party of hypocrites. So the party members are not alleging sheriff has a stooj any more. They are now ready to work with him again.
So sheriff is now a genuine party stalwart and not a betrayer. Party of People Deceiving people.

If i'm correct the news item above said they reconciled, it didn't say Sherrif is now "genuine party stalwart..." or whatever. Do you have comprehension problem? Why are you angry they finally reconciled? Why is it that some of you that seemed educated sometimes behave like illiterates

17 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by DIKEnaWAR: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
I am sure Sheriff's Lawyer is filing another action in Court first thing tomorrow. Infact Makaarfi's faction will be served tomorrow, as the matter had been filed already.
Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by SirWahl1: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2016
Finally PDP is getting it right. It Bye bye to APC APP and their recession team

3 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by SirWahl1: 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2016
Finally PDP is getting it right. It Bye bye to APC and their recession team

11 Likes

Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Nairadays: 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
The makarfi faction needed to think because the sheriff faction no dey hear word. Am sensing the makarfi faction made more concession. Fielding double candidates for elections does not help democracy at all.
Re: PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi Factions Reconcile by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2016
Good for them

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark / Researchers Use Night-time Satellite Images To Map African Electricity Access / EndSARS: Oyo Releases ₦1 Million Each To Families Of Isiaka, Other Slain Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.