Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company (2141 Views)

GUO Bus Plunged Into The River, 3 Rescued, Others Feared Dead (video) / Lagos Government Seals Off Chisco, Ifex, GUO, Other Transporters' Office / GUO Bus Plunges Into Owode River In Lagos, 2 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by Paradise163(f): 12:17am On Sep 21, 2016
Found this on my FB wall and thought it wise to share
I think the customer service is commendable

THEY SURPRISED US
-------------------------
My first experience of a Nigerian company being different from the crowd......

Date; 16 September 2016, I took my 2 daughters to G U O company at Alaba international market and they boarded one of the company vehicle to Onitsha, Anambra State, the bus left at about 7:20am.
Around 10:30am, the eldest of the two girls called and informed me that their vehicle broke down along Ibadan expressway (let me not say how I felt while it all lasted) , anyway around 2:45pm my daughter informed me that they are coming back to Lagos the driver had wanted to continue with the journey but the passengers refused because the vehicle was still not in good shape so they don't want to risk their lives , thank GOD by 5:00pm they were back to starting point.

COMPANY RESPONCE
------------------------------
Around 7:30pm,
A lady called me from the company ;

Lady : Is that Mr Onochie

Me: Yes

Lady: Good evening sir

Me: Good evening

Lady: Sir I'm calling from G U O company

Me: Ok, how may I help you

Lady: Sir you wanted to travel with one of our buses that loaded at Alaba international this morning, but the journey was aborted halfway

Me: Actually it was my two girls going to Onitsha that boarded the bus

Lady: Oh I'm sorry sir, actually I'm calling to sincerely express our regrets and apologise on what happened today it was not our intention to dump passengers on the way, we are Sorry.

Me: It's alright, but I didn't bargain for this, my plan was for the girls to be at Onitsha by today evening before returning to school on Sunday , but it seems you people have messed it up.

Lady: The passengers would have not spent such a long time if the driver had called for help early enough, because according to him he thought he would have handle it on his own, so please accept our apology.

Me: That's alright

Lady: Sir, do you wish to continue the journey with us tomorrow 17 september,.

Me: I had wanted to join another company, but with this phone call I think I will continue with you people, no problem

Lady: Thank you Sir for your understanding, since what happened was our fault, the company will provide another vehicle to take the passengers to their various destination and also REFUND their money to them, so the journey is FREE.

Me: ( I thought it was for saying sake. I didn't believe the REFUND Part, to me the apology was enough.)

I received a call again from another lady:
Hello Sir, good morning please you are needed at the the G U O park at Alaba international
6:00am at the park, the company workers were identifying passengers with their tickets by 6:30am when every passenger has boarded and the bus was about to leave, to our surprise and true to the company's promise, PASSENGERS got their MONEY BACK.
To say the fact I was shocked, is this company truly a Nigerian company.

If you are not impressed, I am , that is why I decided to share it with you guys, and it is also my way of encouraging the management to keep it up

Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by promisealor(f): 12:18am On Sep 21, 2016
The wind of change has finally touched GUO company, may such wind blow across other transport companies, especially peace mass transit.

In fact, i wonder how peace transit will start paying for all those who died because of the reckless drivers they employed
Re: A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by chocolateme(f): 12:18am On Sep 21, 2016
Wow.. nice one from GUO.
Onwa December erubego.. Nice one and good business strategies all over the place.. Buhari is working.. Nigeria is working..

This Recession will start putting ideas into people's heads.. Lagosians will enter GUO bus and start praying and fasting that the bus damages on the way.

1 Like

Re: A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 21, 2016
That is a world standard customer care service. . . This sound so unlike Nigeria, started thinking at a point that this is a company advert. But, i believe you Op. Kudos to G.U.O !!

2 Likes

Re: A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by krett(m): 1:58am On Sep 21, 2016
I smell proganda...
Re: A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company by TopeQs: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2016
krett:
I smell proganda...
it's good you smelt it because NOBODY NOSE cheesycheesygrin ....

(1) (Reply)

Cape Town Voted "best City" In The World By Telegraph Travel / How's Life In Southeast London For Africans/nigerians? / Nigeria Citizen Do Not Need To Optain A Visa B4 Visiting Sénégal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.