Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years (15527 Views)

Nigerian Digital Publishing Startup: Reports First Profitable Quarter / Jumia Suffered N53 Billion Loss In 2017 / Man Rewarded By Students He Gave Free Ice Cream In Kaduna 30 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by freakyhat: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Guys we're in recession. In simple terms what that means is there's less money available for consumers to spend.

When you've not eaten, paid your rent or taken care of medical bills, os it stout you want to go and drink when you're not been remote controlled from your village?

Naturally, sales of such ostentatious goods drop, take the statistics of other goods like champagne, cars, etc.

It's a trying time for mono economies like ours solely dependent on oil for survival e.g. Angola which inflation rate has gone up to 30%.

I'm not making excuse for this govt cos they saw it and promised change - so they should work and not complain ; just discussing economics.

4 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by fikfaknuel(f): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Who wan drink guiness for dis recession? *purewatertakeover*
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by dunkem21(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
ricsman:
is the recession that bad

No sir.. it's that good cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by starwar(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
No wonder suliya dey always beg me with buy 2 get 1 free......Feeling the recession
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by cr7lomo: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
He has done it again....super bubu, hitting industry after industry...hus next...the entertainment industry??

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by dunkem21(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
Zombies will still tell us that it is not good to drink. .. and drive cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by omachonupeter: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
If these companies can be making these huge losses, then Nigeria is in deep problem becos of useless economic policies of APC.

3 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by anonimi: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
30 years ago was just around when the military dictator was kicked out for non-performance.
How much longer do we have to endure this perpetual non-performer?
How much longer before we kick him out with our votes?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3780335_mugabe_jpegb6d6da38e8b22a0fc4198629955fb6f1

3 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Pringlez: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
This is saddening!!!

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Sijo01(f): 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
Buhari is a curse to every sector of Nigeria economy

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by StephanieLuv(f): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
Tolexander:
When the part of the South voted for the same man in 2011, it was also out of hatred for the SS?

From 2011 till the date he left Guinness Nigeria recorded very high profit. Sometimes i wonder how you people reason.

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by rozayx5(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

lol.

that is very dull of you.

GEJ was voted out due to incompetence and corruption.

Sane minds thank God GEJ and his looting team are not there when this global recession (Global Yes) started.

They would have sold the country and share the loot.

Why won't guiness record low sale and loss, No be person way don chop go drink Stout ?

Is it not common sense ?

you found your voice aftee running from the thread where bubu COS took 500m naira from MTN

are you still talking about corruption without shame?

where is buratai?
dambazzu
aisha the round tripper
or aba kiyari grin grin grin

zombies your anti corruption wont sell again
fight the corrupt lootng team in aso rock first

shameless zombies

3 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Emeka71(m): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
And I am here hoping todo business with them.
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by ephi123(f): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

lol.

that is very dull of you.

GEJ was voted out due to incompetence and corruption.

Sane minds thank God GEJ and his looting team are not there when this global recession (Global Yes) started.

They would have sold the country and share the loot.

Why won't guiness record low sale and loss, No be person way don chop go drink Stout ?

Is it not common sense ?

Saraki himself said blame game is OVER. Can we face what the CURRENT government is ACTUALLY doing?

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
tongue

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by AntiWailer: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
rozayx5:

you found your voice aftee running from the thread where bubu COS took 500m naira from MTN

are you still talking about corruption without shame?

where is buratai?
dambazzu
aisha the round tripper
or aba kiyari grin grin grin

zombies your anti corruption wont sell again
fight the corrupt lootng team in aso rock first

shameless zombies

When you get there you will see my response there.

Slandering and Black mailing will not change anything and it will not also make me see that I should have voted for GEJ.

So try harder than this.
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by theemy(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Wow
I love it

I hope things gets worse and harder
definitely 4 u

2 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by AntiWailer: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Wow
I love it

I hope things gets worse and harder

Don't worry it will get WORSE and HARDER for you like you wished,
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
dunkem21:
Zombies will still tell us that it is not good to drink. .. and drive cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
No thanks to diabolic change! The dumb nomad should quit politiking & seek seasoned economists/think-tanks!

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

Don't worry it will get WORSE and HARDER for you like you wished,

No

Things will get worse for you, zombie

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by odomanis: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
AfroBlue:
probably cooked books (creative accounting) to avoid paying the FG the proper taxes. many multinational companies are well versed in the practice.

And they never did that for 30 years ?

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
Sijo01:
Buhari is a curse to every sector of Nigeria economy

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by rozayx5(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

When you get there you will see my response there.

Slandering and Black mailing will not change anything and it will not also make me see that I should have voted for GEJ.

So try harder than this.

loooool
who was asking for gej vote?
anyone who blasts the dullard you worship is autmoatically GEJ AND IPOB according to zombie logic

when buhari and CO loot with evidence its called black mail
cheesy cheesy cheesy

all these shameless ricetivists sef. i know u need to earn your pay sha

the foolish finance minister who i wud not even employ as cashier in my coy is running a complex economy plus all the other dullards called ministers led by the chief illiterate buhari. uselss policies . idiotic president . goats as followers

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by AntiWailer: 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
ephi123:

Saraki himself said blame game is OVER. Can we face what the CURRENT government is ACTUALLY doing?

Blame game will be over once the past Government keep quiet and allow the new one fix the mess.

You can't cause something and throw it at my face and still scream BLAME game.
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2016
omachonupeter:
If these companies can be making these huge losses, then Nigeria is in deep problem becos of useless economic policies of APC.

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by helovesme(f): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
This is good.

Maybe this will force them to invest in nigeria's agriculture and cultivate sorghum and other ingredients used for making the brew on nigeria's soil rather than importing them.

Nigeria consumes more bottles/pints of Guiness compared to its home country, Ireland. Just imagine if all the sorghum and other raw materials used in brewing were cultivated in nigeria. That alone will lead to epic growth in nigeria's agricultural sector as well as create more employment opportunities.

These big corporates make so much from the Nigerian economy yet they invest so little. All their "spare" funds are spent on sponsoring music shows and bringing in Sean Paul or T-pain to perform in nigeria.

If they had invested so much in the Nigerian economy and relied on nigeria for its main raw materials, they would not have felt the effect of the foreign exchange policy.

4 Likes

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by AntiWailer: 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2016
rozayx5:

loooool

cheesy cheesy cheesy

all these ricetivists sef

You blackmailed me in your former post and i pointed it out.

So don't derail the discussion in your usual manner.

When there is evidence, show it and stop talking about it.

ricetivists u say. Let me keep quiet before u start feeling inferior and forming "He is showing off" smiley but just know that I don't care about who sits in Abuja before i get my stuffs done. I only care about who spends the Tax I pay.
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by Dinobi77: 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
Almost same time when PMB was millitary head of state 31yrs ago hmmmm, Buhari y?

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by AntiWailer: 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
rozayx5:

loooool
who was asking for gej vote?
anyone who blasts the dullard you worship is autmoatically GEJ AND IPOB according to zombie logic

cheesy cheesy cheesy

all these shameless ricetivists sef. i know u need to earn your pay sha

the foolish finance minister who i wud not even employ as cashier in my coy is running a complex economy plus all the other dullards called ministers led by the chief illiterate buhari. uselss policies . idiotic president . goats as followers

What nonsense company is an slowpoke running.

Always beating chest anonymously.
Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by rozayx5(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

You blackmailed me in your former post and i pointed it out.

So don't derail the discussion in your usual manner.

When there is evidence, show it and stop talking about it.

ricetivists u say. Let me keep quiet before u start feeling inferior and forming "He is showing off" smiley but just know that I don't care about who sits in Abuja before i get my stuffs done. I only care about who spends the Tax I pay.

lol .
keep running from pillar to post

1 Like

Re: Guinness Reports First Annual Loss In 30 Years by rozayx5(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
AntiWailer:

What nonsense company is an slowpoke running.

Always beating chest anonymously.

e pain am

rice tivist

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Surprising Signs You Could Be An Entrepreneur / Developing A Company Profile And Writing A Business Proposal / What Happened To E-naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.