Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,676 members, 7,844,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Osinbajo Shifts Blame Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Shifts Blame Again (354 Views)

APC Shifts NEC Meeting, Postpones ‘evil’ Day / PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office / Arms Deal:probe Shifts To Navy, Billions Of Naira Unexecuted Contracts Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Shifts Blame Again by marryjesus: 10:24am On Sep 21, 2016
How we respond to an issue is in many cases more important than the issue itself. And one such issue is the current economic travails Nigeria is currently grappling with.
The response to this issue is definitely more important than the issue itself and will determine how long we remain in the sinkhole with our economy.What our leaders have unfortunately failed to realize is that how we got into this situation is not as important as how we will get out of it it and if we must look backwards it must be for the purpose of learning how we got to our present situation and not for the reason of searching for scapegoats.There is no virtue in looking for blame. The virtue is in looking for solutions. That is what an executive must preoccupy itself with. The apportioning of blame is the preserve of the judiciary. Leave that to them.After blaming the current economic crash of the economy on former President Goodluck Jonathan on multiple occasions, I was shocked to read in today’s (Tuesday the 20th of September, 2016) papers a direct statement by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in which he blamed Nigeria’s economic recession on Niger Delta Militants.The Vice President, while speaking at the maiden meeting of the Presidential Quarterly Business Forum on Monday the 19th of September, 2016 said “If we did not have vandalism in the Niger Delta as we are currently suffering, we will not have this recession today.Now do not get me wrong, I do not speak for, advocate for or encourage any militants group in Nigeria’s Niger Delta or in any other theaters of belligerency in any part of the world. On the contrary, I am a pastor and preacher of the peaceful message of the one and only Prince of peace, Jesus the Messiah, yet I must say that Vice President Osinbajo’s comments betray a very serious character issue that may affect his capacity to assist President Muhammadu Buhari in piloting the affairs of Nigeria.Why do I say so? Well, for one, Nigerians have been regaled with multiple statements from Mr. Osinbajo himself, his boss and their mouthpieces in which they blamed Dr. Goodluck Jonathan for Nigeria’s economic recession.The latest attempt to pin the blame on Dr. Jonathan came via an article by Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, entitled ‘What is President Buhari doing with the economy?’
Said Garba Shehu “Believe me; episodes from the Jonathan era can fill books, and other possibilities, such as courtroom drama thriller.” Going further, Mr. Shehu declared that “The current pain is due to the mismanagement of the past.And now today, Mr. Shehu’s ‘cousin in office’ (to borrow a phrase that Garba Shehu himself used to describe the relationship between Dr. Reuben Abati and I) has contradicted him and said it is no longer former President Goodluck Jonathan that is to blame but Niger Delta militants.Please, can this administration make up its mind? Choose a story and stick to it. Choose a scape goat and stick with him.I will not be surprised if tomorrow they blame Mr. Chinakwe, the man who was sent to prison and is right now facing prosecution for naming his dog after his hero, President Buhari, for the recession.
The truth does not shift. You cannot have one truth today and another truth tomorrow. Truth is as stable as a rock. And one would think that Professor Yemi Osinbajo, himself a pastor, would know it.What you are is always more important than what you can do. Your character is what you are. Your skill is what you can do. It is important to know the difference because if your skill takes you to a height and you do not develop your character to match that height, you will come crashing down!
read full details at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/09/osinbajo-shifts-blame-again.html?m=1

Re: Osinbajo Shifts Blame Again by TippyTop(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2016
He sold his soul to the devil, I think Osinbanjo needs Jesus in his life.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates King Sunny Ade @70 / EFCC Uncovers New 9 Houses, 2 Hotels, One Plaza Allegedly Owned By Patience Jona / Buhari With Another Blunder (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.