Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,669 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office (20170 Views)

Full List Of Elected PDP Officers At The National Convention 2017 / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa / Venue Of Port-Harcourt PDP's Convention To Be Held Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by kahal29: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday postponed its national convention till November and said interim National Chairman, Ahmed Makarfi, would remain in power.

The party took the decisions at an emergency National Executive Committee meeting in Port Harcourt after the disruption of its National Convention by the police and soldiers.

The security agents had sealed off Sharks Stadium, Port Harcourt, Rivers State and prevented the National Convention from holding.

They were acting on an order of an Abujs Federal High Court, which declared the convention illegal and said it should be held on an date after September 7, 2016.

However, another Federal High Court in Port Harcourt had given a go-ahead to the Makarfi executive to hold the convention.

The party also said it had shifted the convention by 90 days and would continue negotiations with factional national chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff, who obtained the Abuja court order.

More details later.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/pdp-shifts-national-convention-to-november-makarfi-remains-in-office/

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by kahal29: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tot they said they were going ahead with the convention and that justice Okon Abang judgment was inconsequential.... Power pass power.

The only way out in this Logjam is for the party to make peace with Sheriff. Give him wat he wants and move on cos he seems to be having an upper hand in this crisis. Alternatively maintain status quo and appeal the judgment and wait for the court's verdict. However this legal route will take a long time to settle cos the matter will get up to the Supreme Court..... So out of court settlement will be the best option. The case of Victor Umeh and Chekwas Okorie of Apga easily comes to mind. The matter lingered till Chekwas Okorie got tired of dragging the chairmanship position with Victor Umeh and left the party for him and formed another party.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by QuotaSystem: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
I thought they had inaugurated the NEC and declared the convention open?

grin grin grin

The PDP is reaping what it sowed. Destruction is the confirmed destiny of the killer party.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
kahal29:
The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday postponed its national convention till November and said interim National Chairman, Ahmed Makarfi, would remain in power.

The party took the decisions at an emergency National Executive Committee meeting in Port Harcourt after the disruption of its National Convention by the police and soldiers.

The security agents had sealed off Sharks Stadium, Port Harcourt, Rivers State and prevented the National Convention from holding.

They were acting on an order of an Abujs Federal High Court, which declared the convention illegal and said it should be held on an date after September 7, 2016.

However, another Federal High Court in Port Harcourt had given a go-ahead to the Makarfi executive to hold the convention.

The party also said it had shifted the convention by 90 days and would continue negotiations with factional national chairman, Ali Modu Sheriff, who obtained the Abuja court order.

More details later.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/pdp-shifts-national-convention-to-november-makarfi-remains-in-office/

I am Yoruba but what I have seen in the past few months, of how my so called brother blindly supporting tyranny. Makes me shiver. the so called ppl crying abuse of power and shouting executive rascality during the last dispensation,are now cheering the same thing. Under the tit for tat disguise. My advice to markafi led PDP stay strong fight the good fight and let's give the APC a good opposition.

if any zombie calls me Igbo for supporting the PDP may God bring u the bad luck dat has befallen Buhari

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lol.
PDP seems to be running out of ideas.

They should leave PDP for Sheriff and flot a new party

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by RuggedArab: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
kenonze:
Lol.

I Love you Kenzy girl. I just love your posts.
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
RuggedArab:

I Love you Kenzy girl. I just love your posts.

Thanks Buddy
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by shukuokukobambl: 1:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:

I am Yoruba but what I have seen in the past few months, of how my so called brother blindly supporting tyranny. Makes me shiver. the so called ppl crying abuse of power and shouting executive rascality during the last dispensation,are now cheering the same thing. Under the tit for tat disguise. My advice to markafi led PDP stay strong fight the good fight and let's give the APC a good opposition.

if any zombie calls me Igbo for supporting the PDP may God bring u the bad luck dat has befallen Buhari

You're actually worse than a zombie. What is the meaning of the bolded? Do you have self esteem problems?

Are Bode George, Agbaje, Mimiko, Fayose, FFK, Afenifere, Gani Adams, Aribisala not all yoruba? are they not vehemently against Buhari? What is special about your so-called yorubaness that you are struggling so much to convince yourself?

Can't you make your point without involving Yoruba abi are there no Igbos, Ikwerres, Ijaws in APC? What the fvck concerns anybody if you are even the PDP mascot? angry

What concerns the Yoruba with your PDP frustrations? Warn yaself o!! angry

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by herzern(m): 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2016
lol...... cheesy
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by herzern(m): 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by AMYSTEV(m): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
No Kwamz
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by dridowu: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pdp cancelled Convention
abi
Police Cancel convention
abi
Makarfi cancel convention
abi
INEC cancel convention
abi
JusticE Abang cancel convention
abi
Convention cancel convention
e.t.c
the koko b se
Sheriff Na FeedeeFee thistroya (destroyer)

8 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by davibid: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
PDP!!!

POWER!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by dechriscool(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is the Apc antics.Keep frustrating PDP and prevent them from forming a formidable opposition.By using the Apc mole Ali Modu sheriff and Justice Okon Abang as their navigator.For how long will these antics last in the miss of this continuous hardship and maladminstraction of this government before the people will act.
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Bern1992(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
And Sheriff is still alive grin grin
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Reference(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Said it. Why the rush. Why not wait and do things properly. 2019 is quite some way and they should not even think about that first but building a new identity and new structures. These take tIme.

1 Like

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by anytexy: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
kenonze:
Lol.

That means they will not participate I Edo and Ondo election be that
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by RuggedArab: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
kenonze:

Thanks Buddy

You are welcome Kenze.

Can we connect? You seem to be a sure PH-CITY girl.

That's if you do not mind. I have been following you for sometime now.

1 Like

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Another wasted time, energies and resources by supposed and expected strong opposition party to APC. Why are other political party sleeping? We need opposition party to put APC on her toes quickly.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by DropShot: 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
The problems of the Poverty Development Party have just started.

I thought they were going to rubbish Justice Okon's judgement!

No more impunity as obtained during their era.

cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by justhelp(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:

what does being a Yoruba has to do with your opinion. Anyway its easier to spot a flaties

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by zikter(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
JustCalMeDBoss:

you clearly misplacing your anger, calm down and control your emotions as you answer this few questions. was it APC or bubu that dragged sheriff to become PDP chairman? did APC and bubu institute the over 15 cases pdp has in the courts? just answer yes or no sincerely and you will see where the issue is. point is if today pdp decides to withdraw all the court cases and settle matters on a round table, then they will have peace. PDP know what their problem is, but am not sure they know how to solve it. Blaming APC will only be waste of precious time as we need a vibrant opposition to put APC on their toes.

17 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Deepfreezer(m): 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
Flot another party Now and leave PDP for Sheriff
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Landloard01(m): 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sheriff is their lord. 48th Laws Of Power, "Don't try to outshine your master"

[size=15pt]Its only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve a problem without using violence[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
PDP for AUCTION.

Who wants to buy?

I bet you it's affordable.

Cc: Omenka, Modath, Shamecurls, Mynd44.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
RuggedArab:

You are welcome Kenze.

Can we connect? You seem to be a sure PH-CITY girl.

That's if you do not mind. I have been following you for sometime now.

But am scared of ur moniker @ RuggedArab
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Angelb4: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
Sheriff cruising to victory on this matter. Sai Sheriff
Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
anytexy:
That means they will not participate I Edo and Ondo election be that

They will, the affected candidate will decamp as usual

1 Like

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by chikany: 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2016
I have at sundry times emphasized that God is punishing PDP for the many years of neglect, touture and pains that they made Nigerian go through; my advice at this point is that they should go to God in prayer and ask for forgiveness, after which they can come back and ask for Nigerians forgiveness. If Nigerians are magnanimous enough to listen and forgive them, better for them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office by RuggedArab: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
kenonze:

But am scared of ur moniker @ RuggedArab

You are safe.
Any other issue apart from my moniker?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / Insecurity: Northern Elders Hail Sultan For Speaking Truth To Power / AIB Recovers Black Box Of Crashed Jet, Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.