Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Recession: Anambra State Cuts Taxes On Citizens, Injects Economic Stimulus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Anambra State Cuts Taxes On Citizens, Injects Economic Stimulus (314 Views)

Obiano's Special Broadcast On The Economic Stimulus Package By Anambra State Gov / Recession: Obiano Announces Stimulus Package, Tax Cuts / Fg’s N60bn Economic Stimulus Out Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Recession: Anambra State Cuts Taxes On Citizens, Injects Economic Stimulus by chiddy56(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2016
The Governor of Anambra State, Willie Obiano, has scrapped the collection of certain taxes and levies from the grassroot citizens in an effort to ameliorate the hardship brought about by the economic recession currently plaguing the country.

Obiano made this known during a special broadcast to the people of the state, saying that he preferred to take action to ease his people’s pains rather than repeat reasons why the country is in its present state.

“I hereby suspend the sale of consolidated emblems in Anambra State. I suspend the collection of Hawkers Permit on all streets in the state. I suspend the collection of Wheelbarrow Tax in all markets in the state. Lastly, I abolish the imposition of unapproved levies on students in public primary and secondary schools in the state. All these pronouncements shall take immediate effect.”

Obiano further said that the abolishing of these taxes was a part of four intervention areas that his government had come up with in order to ensure that the situation in Anambra State is different from that in other states.

http://nairametrics.com/anambra-state-eases-tax-burden-on-grassroot-citizens/

Cc lalasticala
Re: Recession: Anambra State Cuts Taxes On Citizens, Injects Economic Stimulus by emmak2k4(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2016
Good way to go dear gomino grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Change Begins With The FG Not Me / Nigeria’s Leadership Challenge / Tinubu Can’t Sack Me On Pages Of Newspapers – Odigie-oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.