Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Are Humans Greedy By Nature? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Are Humans Greedy By Nature? (5169 Views)

Poll: Dp You Think Humans Are Greedy By Nature?

Yes: 82% (29 votes)
No: 17% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Igbos Are Greedy / Why Are Nigerian Ladies So Greedy This Days? / PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE MONEY AT ALL COST ARE GREEDY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by mccloud224(m): 8:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
MCCLOUD224 ,  U are perfectly right i suppport u but , there is an understatement about GOV FASHOLA u said he is greedy the man is not but the man is wicked,  FAHOLA  has made me to re-define democrazy has " a government of collecting from the poor and sharing among the rich"  simple, and that is everthing democrazy has come to offer us,  Generally human are born greedy irrespective of race or gender,

@slaughter

I agree with you.I underrated my post.You know, i used to think greed serves a purpose.Some people are greedy because they have more ambigous needs than others.Some are greedy coz they have bigger things they want to achieve in life.This is understandable coz a certain amount of greed (or ambition as i prefer to call it) can get you to greater heights in life.What i don't understand is the greed of we black people.It's totally senseless.I mean, what on earth does someone needs billions of dollars for?Is it to buy a third world country?To develop nuclear weapons?To sponsor terrorism?It's definitely not to live in mansions and drive bentleys and DB7's.So why do they loot this country the way they do?Most of the contracts are always over inflated e.g a road maintenance contract of N30 million is usually jacked up to N400 million.That's okay so long as they do the job but they dont.The most the contractor will put into the contract is N2 million to "scatter ground" and next thing, he announces "money don finish".It's not only our leaders and elite.IT'S EVERYONE OF US. For example, the worst mistake anyone building a house can do in nigeria today is to put money in the hands of "contractors".A house that shouldn't take more N25 million to complete will be left at decking level even after pumping over N50 million into it.Those of you who live abroad definitely have a few sad tales of woe in this issue.You send thousands of dollars for roofing of a house.You expect the house to be completed when you are coming down for christmas and when you get here, what you see is block work for foundation.I tire for we people!
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by mccloud224(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2009
All humans are greedy. Be it Black, White, Red and so on. But, as africans, I think our ways of life, mentality has put us on the forefront. This very bad. Everybody wants to have it all, so that you can oppress the other man. This is very unlike the Whites.

@Koiki.M

I agree with you.It's all about OPPRESSION of the fellow man.This is what differs us from whites.A white man might have a ferrari in his garage and still trek to work if it's a walkable distance.A black man on the other hand will roll out his SUV even if it's the next street he's going to e.g a tragic accident happened in festac a year or so ago.Some guy with his family rolled out in their SUV.They were heading to church.The church were they worshipped was less than 200 metres away from their home (less than 5 minutes walk).I don't know if he wasn't looking at the road or he wanted the "whole world" to see him driving but he knocked and crushed a pedestrian who was safelt away from the middle of the road.Imagine that.

Funny thing is we black people cause problems for ourselves.When someone is made in these lands, we always want everybody to know we have "arrived".A new house or car is celebrated with "washing" which in other words, is an excuse to show off.Mind you, over half of the people who come around aren't happy for you and some might be plotting one evil or the other against that person.Next thing, the ignoramus starts crying about "enemies" and "bad belle" people wey no want make him progress but it was the idiot that invited them into his home in the first place.

Na wa for we people!
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by SeanT21(f): 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2009
Yes, we dont get enough of something good.We always want more of this and that.
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 17, 2009
We Nigerians are greed by nature.It reflects on y we hav corruption in d land
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by Mesef1: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2009
Every human being is born with a measure of greed. What makes the difference in everyone is the opportunity, checks and balances and self discipline.

That is why a Nigerian who grew up in the UK or the US would most likely have a lower level of greed than home grown fraudsters and looters because in Nigeria, the opportunity to develop your greed abounds and the checks are either so weak or almost non-existent! Discipline is it why some of us who grew up here and have not joined the league of looters and insatiable Nigerians, have been able to control our level of greed.

But believe me, all men are born with greed!
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by hartson(m): 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
Naturally Humans are greedy,its human nature.Every one want to be the most richest and therefore never satisfied with wants.
Share something between two toddlers who havent started talking yet and one takes the lion share,the other will frown and start weeping.In some cases,he or she wil scream and throw him or she self on the floor in protest of the sharing formula.
Biblical injunctions condemns it.
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by Tcrack(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2009
we are all greedy. VERY GREEDY. yours sincerely included.
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by muffins(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2009
They are both greedy and deceitful but not by nature,haba!!!
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by manmustwac(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2009
Yes i believe there is an elelment of greed and selfishness in all of us, but africaman takes the the whole concept of selfishness and greed to a whole new level. And the thing i don't really understand is that they all claim to be born again, god fearing citizens who believe that they will make it to Heaven cry cry
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by emiemi(f): 1:47pm On Oct 20, 2009
I agree dat black man's greed is excessive what with politicians stealing money that could last 3 generations.
Chei, it's bad. White men have lesser greed tendency becos their society has been built to support everyone
equally and they do not rever wealth.
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by jaygirl2: 2:38am On Oct 21, 2009
emiemi,
it all boils down to show hw narrow minded n ignorant u r
go get a life n while u r at it, get an educ
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by dramenda(f): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2009
The
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by emiemi(f): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2009
@jaygirl
what's your take on the topic? You seem to have no idea hence your comment
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by donjon: 9:14am On Oct 23, 2009
Am greedy! U're greedy! We are all greedy! Itz in d blood!
& dont tell me dat whites arent greedy!
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by manmustwac(m): 7:42pm On Oct 23, 2009
jay-girl:

emiemi,
it all boils down to show hw narrow minded n ignorant u r
go get a life n while u r at it, get an educ
Whats so narrow minded and ignorant about his post? You who don't even have an opinion to post.
donjon:

Am greedy! U're greedy! We are all greedy! Itz in d blood!
& dont tell me dat whites arent greedy!
Come on Africaman is 10 times more greedy than his white counterparts
Re: Are Humans Greedy By Nature? by donjon: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2009
Itz just dat africans tend to do dier own openly! We are not ashamed of it!
But d white man will do his own in a subtle manner, i once read about global oil corporations were silently killing funding for research and development of cheaper & cleaner ways of transportation, eg anti-gravity, electric automobiles dat rily work, & sources of cheap power like dueterium from sea water! Just because of crude oil money

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Were Invisible For One Day, What Would You Do? / You Recognize This Insect, Your Mate For Monkey No Dey Climb Tree Again O! (pic) / 5 Most Disgusting And Disturbing Pictures(don't Open While Eating)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.