Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers (1387 Views)

Signs Of A Bad Shock Absorber / Tokunbo Shock Absorbers Vs New Shock Absorbers - Which Is Better In 9ja Context? / Effect Of Bad Shock Absorbers On Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by hardbody: 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
Gurus in the house please help. My pajero was making some terrible noises whenever I drove through those bridge joints on the third mainland bridge. My mechanic diagnosed it as bad shocks and upper arms. He never found time to purchase new ones and to avoid a major breakdown, i got another mechanic to buy the supposed shocks and arms to change the supposedly spoilt ones. Sadly the noise still comes alive and i feel like nothing was really changed. Meanwhile the changed shocks are in my possession but the challenge is i do not know how to confirm that those shocks were really bad. When I depress them, they go down and stay down for a while and gradually comes back up. How do I confirm that the shocks were really bad especially as I usually still had a smooth in and out of bumps. The noises only come out strong on the bridge joints as if nothing is getting shocked at all.
Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by ironheart(m): 7:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
hardbody:
Gurus in the house please help. My pajero was making some terrible noises whenever I drove through those bridge joints on the third mainland bridge. My mechanic diagnosed it as bad shocks and upper arms. He never found time to purchase new ones and to avoid a major breakdown, i got another mechanic to buy the supposed shocks and arms to change the supposedly spoilt ones. Sadly the noise still comes alive and i feel like nothing was really changed. Meanwhile the changed shocks are in my possession but the challenge is i do not know how to confirm that those shocks were really bad. When I depress them, they go down and stay down for a while and gradually comes back up. How do I confirm that the shocks were really bad especially as I usually still had a smooth in and out of bumps. The noises only come out strong on the bridge joints as if nothing is getting shocked at all.
check yoir exhaust and engine mount,
Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
cc honmusa, mayor2013, kingreign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by mayor2013: 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2016
hardbody:

Might not be your shocks absorber. Do an overall suspension check. Bring it to multi autolab for proper diagnosis .08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by hardbody: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
ironheart:
check yoir exhaust and engine mount,

Thanks a lot. I will suggest this to the next person I work with on this subject.
Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by hardbody: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2016
mayor2013:

Might not be your shocks absorber. Do an overall suspension check. Bring it to multi autolab for proper diagnosis .08165520837 or 08156087872

Where is your garage?
Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by elchymo: 3:25am On Sep 22, 2016
Did you check your stabilizer linkages? Well, an overall suspension check will still pinpoint the problem. Meanwhile, since you said if you compress the shocks and it stays down for a while before coming up, then those shocks are truly bad. A good one comes up much faster.

1 Like

Re: Identifying Bad Shock Absorbers by mayor2013: 3:27am On Sep 22, 2016
hardbody:

Where is your garage?

Check my signature

(1) (Reply)

50 Cars That Will Last More Than 250,000 Miles / Car Interior Detailer Needed | Lagos / It This Advisable? Camry 2006 For This Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.