Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis (1212 Views)

Change Begins With Me Is My Idea — Lai Mohammed / The Problem With Nigeria By Mrvitalis / Why I Don't Support Biafra By Mrvitalis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
I know what am about to say is not politically correct.. But one really don't need to be politically correct all the time..

We have over $20bn in Nigeria banks and this money is dormant ... Why don't we put a law banning Nigerians from having domiciliary account for the next 36 months ... Placing an order for the dollars to be converted to naira within the next 18 months..
This will lead to increased dollars supply in the next 18 months, crash the price of dollars, help government build reserves and reduce price of goods.. . This can save our economy
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by okenwa(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
I like your idea,
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Bujumbura(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
mrvitalis:
I know what am about to say is not politically correct.. But one really don't need to be politically correct all the time..

We have over $20bn in Nigeria banks and this money is idol... Why don't we put a law banning Nigerians from having domiciliary account for the next 36 months ... Placing ans order for the dollars to be converted to naira within the next 18 months..
This will lead to increased dollars supply in the next 18 months, crash the price of dollars, help government build reserves and reduce price of goods.. . This can save our economy
Upgrade your English first
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by EVarn(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
You are advising that peoples' money(in domiciliary accounts) be converted to naira,and the dollar used to shore up foreign exchange. Its a bold idea.
But I don't know if we have the equivalent of such amount($20 billion) in naira,not forgetting that trillions of naira are already circulated in the economy.The CBN may then have to mint the necessary amount (in naira) needed to convert the dollars in the domiciliary accounts: which could lead to serious inflation when people pull out their money.

1 Like

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Bujumbura(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

We have over $20bn in Nigeria banks and this money is idol... Why don't we put a law banning Nigerians from having domiciliary account for the next 36 months ... Placing ans order for the dollars to be converted to naira within the next 18 months..
Are you a brother to Oyinkinola?

1 Like

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
EVarn:
You are advising that peoples' money(in domiciliary accounts) be converted to naira,and the dollar used to shore up foreign exchange. Its a bold idea.
But I don't know if we have the equivalent of such amount($20 billion) in naira,not forgetting that trillions of naira are already circulated in the economy.The CBN may then have to mint the necessary amount (in naira) needed to convert the dollars in the domiciliary accounts: which could lead to serious inflation when people pull out their money.
The idea is this they they are allowed to go to the black market n exchange... this will moop up excess naira in circulation and crash the black market... the cbn need not print shit.. . The government will stop pumping dollars instead us there earnings to build our reserves
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by CACAWA(m): 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
[size=18pt]Total Rubbish. You know nothing about economics and banking don't you?[/size]

Convert the dollars owned by Nigerians and already stored in Nigerian banks who also store it with CBN which also stores it in the so called foreign reserve which we are saying has already been depleted such that even the CBN and thus the Banks are now finding it extremely hard to return your money to you in dollars let alone to service new international transactions.

Sometimes you need to think before posting.

2 Likes

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by idupaul: 11:16pm On Sep 21, 2016
mrvitalis:

We have over $20bn in Nigeria banks and this money is dormant ... Why don't we put a law banning Nigerians from having domiciliary account for the next 36 months ... Placing an order for the dollars to be converted to naira within the next 18 months..

This us what is called lunatics economics ...Are you advising the govt confiscate people's dorm accounts and spend it paying an over bloated civil service and political class..

6 Likes

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
APC style of Economics.... grin

They should use the recovered loots and TSA to boost the economy. grin

I thought they've recovered Trillions of dollars grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 6:59am On Sep 22, 2016
idupaul:

This us what is called lunatics economics ...Are you advising the govt confiscate people's dorm accounts and spend it paying an over bloated civil service and political class..

No body is confiscating Any bodies money.. Just forcing people to convert all their money to naira by so doing increase dollar supply
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by drss2(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2016
zombies n daura economics ar...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by evilapc: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2016
Apc and their zombies know nothing about anything...they even make up silly liars....there is nothing professional about them....

And to exempt themselves from blames, they said, the change begins with you instead of them.... what a diabolical and devilish people
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2016
Ogun go kill anybody wey touch my dom account.

They should go and start with the Senators, Atiku, IBB, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote & others.

1 Like

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by wheredemdey: 7:47am On Sep 22, 2016
idupaul:

The guys dullardary is mind-blowing..... And to think the op has an internet enabled phone...wow

The earlier dullarpoo Buhari is removed the better.... Seems he is stealthly and slowly transmitting his inborn dullardary to all Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2016
wheredemdey:

The guys dullardary is mind-blowing..... And to think the op has an internet enabled phone...wow

The earlier dullarpoo Buhari is removed the better.... Seems he is stealthly and slowly transmitting his inborn dullardary to all Nigerians.

I don't really get . What's ur problem with the idea.. . After all it is illegal to trade with dollar in Nigeria. .. And this will affect everyone.. . Big or small.. That's just simple
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2016
Zoharariel:
Ogun go kill anybody wey touch my dom account.

They should go and start with the Senators, Atiku, IBB, Obasanjo, TY Danjuma, Femi Otedola, Aliko Dangote & others.
Was there anywhere I said it will be sectional?? It will affect every body.. Why should u keep dollar in Nigeria.. Can u keep millions of naira in the USA??
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Standing5(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

Disastrous idea.
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Standing5(m): 7:59am On Sep 22, 2016
idupaul:

Somebody should let him know that domiciliary account has its place in proper economic set up.

2 Likes

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by wheredemdey: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

I don't really get . What's ur problem with the idea.. . After all it is illegal to trade with dollar in Nigeria. .. And this will affect everyone.. . Big or small.. That's just simple

There is no law mandating people on which currency to keep..... Dollar is still a legal tender in this country... Dollar is a global currency... There are so many stores that collect dollars in UK.. Dubai and so many parts of the world.... The estacode allowance of your dullardd in chief is in dollars

Tell your government to devise a means to grow and revive the economy not tell people how to spend their hard earned money
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by QuotaSystem: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt]Total Rubbish. You know nothing about economics and banking don't you?[/size]

Convert the dollars owned by Nigerians and already stored in Nigerian banks who also store it with CBN which also stores it in the so called foreign reserve which we are saying has already been depleted such that even the CBN and thus the Banks are now finding it extremely hard to return your money to you in dollars let alone to service new international transactions.

Sometimes you need to think before posting.

As you can see below, deposits in Dom accounts are practically non existent in the composition of our foreign reserves.

This idea is quite idealistic + appears largely unfeasible as it could easily lead to hyperinflation.

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by abokibuhari: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2016
hahahahahahahaaaa you wan use our money run this use less administration headed by a use less ani mal ba ?
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 9:48am On Sep 22, 2016
wheredemdey:

There is no law mandating people on which currency to keep..... Dollar is still a legal tender in this country... Dollar is a global currency... There are so many stores that collect dollars in UK.. Dubai and so many parts of the world.... The estacode allowance of your dullardd in chief is in dollars

Tell your government to devise a means to grow and revive the economy not tell people how to spend their hard earned money
That's why I said a law should be passed to stop domiciliary accounts. .. Please it is illegal to spend dollar in Nigeria
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2016
Standing5:
Disastrous idea.
How??
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by mrvitalis(m): 9:53am On Sep 22, 2016
QuotaSystem:

As you can see below, deposits in Dom accounts are practically non existent in the composition of our foreign reserves.

This idea is quite idealistic + appears largely unfeasible as it could easily lead to hyperinflation.
I accept it's very risky idea.. But it can drop the dollar price for at least 18 months by then we should have built a enough reserves to keep defending the naira.. . Will we keep diversifying
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by Standing5(m): 10:06am On Sep 22, 2016
You don't ever force private citizens to spend or change their currency. If tommorow they wake up and decide they need dollars, how do the get dollar to use? You mean they will now go into the fx market and start buying what they were forced to sell or convert at a potentially higher rate. If the FG can guarantee them stable dollar rate, fine, but in the situation we are the govt doesn't have what it takes to influence and thus guaranty a stable dollar rate.
It may interest you to know that before now the govt was subsidizing the dollar in a bid to make it stable and thus inspire confidence.
mrvitalis:

How??

1 Like

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by wheredemdey: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2016
mrvitalis:

That's why I said a law should be passed to stop domiciliary accounts. .. Please it is illegal to spend dollar in Nigeria

Oga what makes it illegal?

Estacodes of public and private workers are all paid in dollars..... Nigeria get oil proceeds in dollars... What exactly is your point bro
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:01am On Jan 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

name one thing implemented by govt that affects big people. Wake up
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:02am On Jan 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

why? Is it also illegal to trade by barter? Guy you fall my hand no be small
Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:03am On Jan 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

How??
tyranny never does well

1 Like

Re: My Idea To Get Us Out Of Recession By Mrvitalis by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:04am On Jan 11, 2022
mrvitalis:

I accept it's very risky idea.. But it can drop the dollar price for at least 18 months by then we should have built a enough reserves to keep defending the naira.. . Will we keep diversifying
what happens after the 18 months when we still import more than we export by far and now you have used monsoon force to destroy wise people's store of value for a dumb idea

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Not A Party Yet – Hon. James Faleke / FG Approves Arms For FRSC Officers; Nigerians React / #riversrerun: ‎PDP, APC Thugs Clash At Peterside’s Hometown, Opobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.