Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra (24797 Views)

El-Rufai Smiling As He Meets Bishops To Settle Rift With Christians (Photos) / Buhari And Ministers Shun South-East Summit After IPOB Threat / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by azerbaijanbase: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
THE five- day standing committee of the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, ended abruptly in Awka Wednesday following the sit-at-home threat by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.
The meeting, attended by 170 Bishops from all the Dioceses in the country, was the highest decision-making gathering of the church and would have ended on Friday.

According to the IPOB threat, all markets, banks and other institutions would be shut and movement restricted in the entire South East geo-political zone.

There were visible signs Wedenesday in the state of security beef up in various parts of the state.

Primate of Nigeria, Anglican Communion, Most Reverend Nicolas Okoh, who expressed concern over the IPOB order, had earlier pleaded with the group to allow the Bishops leave the state, arguing that the order would adversely affect their departure if carried out.

He said: “IPOB threatened to shut down markets and other institutions and restrict movement in the entire South East. We are not delving into the reasons for their agitation, but we are asking them to wait until we leave Awka on Friday.

“ If they go ahead to carry out that order, we may be trapped in Anambra as the Niger Bridge is the only exit route from Anambra State for most of the Bishops. So, people should help us beg them to allow us to go.”

Though Wednesday was the official opening day for the meeting, the Bishops decided to leave the state immediately so as not to be caught in the web of IPOB planned Friday programme.

One of the Bishops from the Northern part of the country said “We are human and so we had to put our heads together and that is why we decided to cut short the conference.

“That is the most ideal thing to do in the circumstance. I will leave this evening and most others will do same. Those who cannot make it today (yesterday) will do so early tomorrow. There is no need waiting; it doesn’t make sense.”

Following the decision, the Bishops hurriedly issued a statement appealing to the Niger Delta militants to stop the bombing of oil facilities in their region in the interest of the country.

They also appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to convene a roundtable meeting between government and the agitators in order to address their grievances.

They, however, reminded the militants that shutting down the economy of the country would not do anybody any good.

Delivering his address at the meeting earlier, the Primate appealed to the federal government to disarm the Fulani herdsmen who, he noted, had murdered the peace of the country.

His address read in part: “The Standing Committee wishes to make a passionate appeal to the militants to spare our economy and stop the bombing of oil facilities.

“Shutting down the economy is like pulling down the roofs with all of us inside; nobody will escape the negative impact. We equally call on those who can reach them to join in this appeal for the greater good of all.

“The presence of herdsmen in our countryside is not new, they have always been around. What is, however, new are the unprovoked attacks on their host communities and sometimes saying that cow is missing.

“They lay ambush and waylay people going to their farms, rape women and destroy farmlands; and their victims are at their mercy because they are armed.

“We call on the federal government to immediately disarm these people to return Nigeria to a state of peace.”

“Our roads are in bad condition all across the country. Since our major means of transport is road, we call on the federal government to give the required attention to the roads to reduce the inconveniences, accidents and deaths.

“Airlines operating in the country are going through difficult times, some have grounded operations. No doubt, we need them.

“We therefore call on the federal government to expedite action on floating the national carrier or rejuvenate the private ones to enable them perform better.

“Further in this area is the persistent scarcity of aviation fuel which has troubled the country, disrupted many programmes, including those of government and private.

“We call on government to solve the problem of aviation fuel permanently so that people can move about their businesses with less difficulty within the country.”

Okoh commended Governor Willie Obiano for promoting religious harmony in the state, as well as prompt payment of workers’ salaries at a time many states were unable to do so.

He also congratulated the governor and the people of the state on the 25th anniversary of the creation of the state, assuring that the bond between the church and the state government would continue to grow stronger.

“I thank the governor because he always identifies with us. The religious climate in Anambra is now tension -free. He does not discriminate in his appointments and we are grateful to him.

“We heard that he is one of the few governors that pay salaries and we say, please don’t relent because the church depends on the generosity of the members for the execution of its projects”, the Primate further said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ipob-threat-forces-bishops-flee-anambra/

1 Like

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 22, 2016
And this is what I call Anarchy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:25am On Sep 22, 2016
90% of Igbos in the villages are loyal to Catholic and Anglican church than the IPOB....

IPOB be careful not to incur the wrath of these worshippers oooooooooooh

Ask Ohakim how market? grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 12:26am On Sep 22, 2016
I keep telling people IPOB is bad news. This is tyranny at its infancy stage. If allowed to grow we will have a taliban type group on our hands. I don't like it one bit.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Leopardd(m): 12:41am On Sep 22, 2016
Stay at home on Friday. Simples.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Yyeske(m): 12:52am On Sep 22, 2016
IPOB miscreants are doing us more harm than good, imagine scaring these Bishops out of town. Na una go tire

20 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 22, 2016
On Friday, I will sit at home with my family.
I will do this even if I am alone.

I am doing this to satisfy my conscience.
When posterity asks me, what did you do when the sons of Usman Dan Fodio masquerading as herdsmen were invading your lands, killing your men, raping your women and burning your houses,
I will boldly say, I had a sit at home protests. At least , its better than carrying arms.

but time is coming when arms might be inevitable.
Another community was attacked last week in Enugu state

So, to those of you who hate Biafra, what can you do to stop these blood thirsty messengers of Allah?

You hate the guts of the Biafrans but have no answer to the bloody campaigns of the Jihardists.

Shame on you all
Shame.on.you cowards.

And cursed by the day The Day, the slave trader called Luggard set his foot on my lands.

This is just the beginning.

186 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 4:08am On Sep 22, 2016
Bari22:
Let us see what will happen on this friday, i hope soldiers will be given shoot at sight order.

Soldiers are yet to be given a shoot at sight order on the sons of Usman Dan Fodio in the name of herdsmen.

Our crime is only saying no to this systematic take over of our lands.....

So, we should sit down And just fold our hands and idea on our beds??

Shame on you.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by 90xtr93r: 4:16am On Sep 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
90% of Igbos in the villages are loyal to Catholic and Anglican church than the IPOB....

False alarm!

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by onespecial(m): 4:32am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:
I keep telling people IPOB is bad news. This is tyranny at its infancy stage. If allowed to grow we will have a taliban type group on our hands. I don't like it one bit.

Pls they are not ur muslim folks from west or north. These are intelligent and reasonable poeple. Did u see the crowd that protested in Abia,Anambra and co ? Does that see, like sthing growng or intent of Biafran population ?

Keep shying away from the truth and continue to regard us as just a group against u. We don't want togetherness with u anymore shouldn't be hard for u to grab. We are not same, we are different in many areas, we've been managing ourselves to see if we are compactible but no, we are not.

Stay on ur own simple. We are not asking for ur blood or head, just stay on ur own.

That is a foolish reasoning to think that poeple who demand you become independent of anybody are becoming something else. Is ur tribe still a baby that must be breast fed ?

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Brooklynsouth(f): 4:34am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:
your business,your headache you think about it you go mental and if you try to stop it you die simple .who cares if you. Like it ....pls go to igweocha,aba, onitcha and akwaibom and say this come back aand tell what you experienced that's if u ll make it

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by onespecial(m): 4:39am On Sep 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

I am a catholic. Come close to me and they say ur death will bring Biafra, my guy u will be dead already.

People and cities were destroyed to restore Israel at different times if u believe ur Bible.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:43am On Sep 22, 2016
onespecial:

I am a catholic. Come close to me and they say ur death will bring Biafra, my guy u will be dead already.

People and cities were destroyed to restore Israel at different times if u believe ur Bible.

Okay Nice one. Tho I'm not a religious kinda guy...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 4:54am On Sep 22, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
your business,your headache you think about it you go mental and if you try to stop it you die simple .who cares if you. Like it ....pls go to igweocha,aba, onitcha and akwaibom and say this come back aand tell what you experienced that's if u ll make it

What are you saying? I see you typed a message but it's not very well conveyed.

onespecial:

Pls they are not ur muslim folks from west or north. These are intelligent and reasonable poeple. Did u see the crowd that protested in Abia,Anambra and co ? Does that see, like sthing growng or intent of Biafran population ?

Keep shying away from the truth and continue to regard us as just a group against u. We don't want togetherness with u anymore shouldn't be hard for u to grab. We are not same, we are different in many areas, we've been managing ourselves to see if we are compactible but no, we are not.

Stay on ur own simple. We are not asking for ur blood or head, just stay on ur own.

That is a foolish reasoning to think that poeple who demand you become independent of anybody are becoming something else. Is ur tribe still a baby that must be breast fed ?

Maaaaan I'm Igbo! Stop it already! This blind groupthink is the very thing that worries me. I voice a different view and now I'm no longer Igbo? People are harassing traders and restricting movement for one man? Priests are being molested? The very freedoms we claim to practice are being thrown to the dogs for one man? That's never been the way we rock. Not then. Not now. Not ever. If this is how Biafra will be run I'm not too optimistic.

29 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:58am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

Maaaaan I'm Igbo! Stop it already! This blind groupthink is the very thing that worries me. I voice a different view and now I'm no longer Igbo? People are harassing traders and restricting movement for one man? Priests are being molested? The very freedoms we claim to practice are being thrown to the dogs for one man? That's never been the way we rock. Not then. Not now. Not ever. If this is how Biafra will be run I'm not too optimistic.

Lol. That's why I don't bother commenting on such threads cool

9 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 5:05am On Sep 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol. That's why I don't bother commenting on such threads cool

Nope. Only a mod can silence me on here. When I look back I don't want to have any regrets of not raising my voice to speak and allowing stupidity and ignorance to reign.

Never stop spreading truth. If you believe you are correct keep shooting. Morons don't take days off so neither can you.

8 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by onespecial(m): 5:07am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

Because of which one man? That same man that is ur nightmare is in that situation because of our target and i sure know u are from the tribe that prefer killings and destruction of lives and properties like herdsmen do to peaceful and harmless demonstrations by Biafrans.

Yes, to u descendants of fallen angel, sent down with all his evils in a calabash, killings and destructions of lives and properties are civil and ideal way to express one's grievances while demonstrations are already demonic to u just because of ur selfish interests.

What i have faith in is, the struggle can never be wiped away from the minds of Biafrans just with mere use of force. One day the momentum will succeed.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by LoveMachine(m): 5:14am On Sep 22, 2016
onespecial:

Because of which one man? That same man that is ur nightmare is in that situation because of our target and i sure know u are from the tribe that prefer killings and destruction of lives and properties like herdsmen do to peaceful and harmless demonstrations by Biafrans.

Yes, to u descendants of fallen angel, sent down with all his evils in a calabash, killings and destructions of lives and properties are civil and ideal way to express one's grievances while demonstrations are already demonic to u just because of ur selfish interests.

What i have faith in is, the struggle can never be wiped away from the minds of Biafrans just with mere use of force. One day the momentum will succeed.

What are you talking about? I! AM! IGBO! How is alright to arbitrarily shut down an entire region? How will people earn? Will you feed their children? If people want to join that's fine. But to force them? You are becoming the very thing you hate and you can't see it. We are better than this but we as a group have been blinded by lies, hard times and mistreatment.

I'm not your enemy. Get your mind right.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by onespecial(m): 5:37am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

What are you talking about? I! AM! IGBO! How is alright to arbitrarily shut down an entire region? How will people earn? Will you feed their children? If people want to join that's fine. But to force them? You are becoming the very thing you hate and you can't see it. We are better than this but we as a group have been blinded by lies, hard times and mistreatment.

I'm not your enemy. Get your mind right.

Ok, i see u are truely Igbo. Now, do u prefer we continue to suffer and die and see no reason to agitate just to have peace ? Can't u see the conpiracy in this nation Nigeria ? Why are leaders from other tribes afraid of settling things with us through discussion ? We have been sacrificing since the wat ended, why are they afraid of making a little sacrifice to adjust their position with us in this nation if we demand so ?

Nobody forced anybody to join but cordination is needed to achieve a result as there are enemies within. It is not all ablout feeding or what u will gain, sacrifices are needed in certain stages of life. Just a day sit at home for our collective interest won't send one to his grave. Moreover, not like it was suddenly announced, it has been announced at least three weeks b4 time to get us all prepared.

Just the way it affected these Bishops, we pray it affeccts other activities so that its discussion and way forward will commence soon.

I am not trying to make u see reason to join the agitation regards to u not being an enemy but i need u to see that there are things keeping us all ( all tribes ) down just because of hate. Policies that would move us forward will be held back just because it is seen it will favour some people hated. They in power see it that such policy is better not carried out than have it empower some certain people.

Nobody from our side hates anybody. We all know what we lose or gain in Nigeria. There is no way majority of our people would have such intent on Biafra if it is not in our interest.

Mind you, i'v said all without talking about religious games underground too.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 22, 2016
LoveMachine:

It is only a silly Igbo man that need to be harassed before he shuts down his business for this protest.

If I have my way, I will go round markets with canes and flog some common sense into the empty heads of us little minds.

It is far better than shooting people while they are sleeping and burning there houses.

j am participating willingly and it has nothing to do with Nnamdi Kanu
. He is only a symbol of the struggle. He is a dot in the ocean.

Cursed be the white witches that invaded our lands in the name of colonialism.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Footysport: 6:22am On Sep 22, 2016
My dear IPOB group. I will like to ask you to stop all this dream of separating from Nigeria.

Your dream would have seen day light if you are not in a Country like Nigeria and most especially AFRICA

I pray we don't see the news of Killings on top this matter again

Do you miss Northampton 1-3 Man United games?

Watch and download the match goals highlight here

www.footysport.com/watch-download-northampton-town-1-3-manc.xhtml

2 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by unclejb2(m): 6:29am On Sep 22, 2016
And anyone who refuses to take the sit at home directive does so at his own peril. Since the Nigerian army and police kill us when we come out to peacefully protest, let's see if they will come to our houses to drag is out and shoot us tomorrow 23/09/2016. Our fanaticism is overwhelming Nigeria.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by unclejb2(m): 6:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Footysport:
My dear IPOB group. I will like to ask you to stop all this dream of separating from Nigeria.

Your dream would have seen day light if you are not in a Country like Nigeria and most especially AFRICA

I pray we don't see the news of Killings on top this matter again

let's see if Buhari will come to our homes and drag us out and kill us. Our freedom is not negotiable

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by simplycarro: 6:40am On Sep 22, 2016
unclejb2:
let's see if Buhari will come to our homes and drag us out and kill us. Our freedom is not negotiable

Enjoy the holiday. But please don't force any Nigerian to stay off the SE.

6 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by simplycarro: 6:43am On Sep 22, 2016
noblezone:

It is only a silly Igbo man that need to be harassed before he shuts down his business for this protest.

If I have my way, I will go round markets with canes and flog some common sense into the empty heads of us little minds.

It is far better than shooting people while they are sleeping and burning there houses.

j am participating willingly and it has nothing to do with Nnamdi Kanu
. He is only a symbol of the struggle. He is a dot in the ocean.

Cursed be the white witches that invaded our lands in the name of colonialism.

Enjoy the holiday bro! But calamity with befall IPOB if they should harm Nigerians living in the SE on Friday, especially the very few Muslims doing biz there that may be going to observe the Friday Jumat prayers

13 Likes

Re: Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra by Koleman(m): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2016
As usual na vanguard. How long dem wan stay house? For this hunger?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: Charly Boy Is A 9-Digit Fraudster / Governors Reject Death Penalty For Hate Speech / Abdullahi Bodejo Denies Making Statement About Fulani Ruling Nigeria Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.