Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets (11194 Views)

Nigerians Divided Over Proscription Of IPOB / Ondo Poll: APC Leaders Divided Over Tinubu’s Role / Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Ekweremadu said nothing but the truth.

The truth is that Kemi Adeosun is doing apprenticeship with Nigeria's economy, she isn't fit to head that ministry but, because of padi-padi government & party cronyism in Nigeria's politics she will remain there. Managing Nigeria's finance isn't the same thing as managing Osun state's finance.

Good english + beauty can't save Nigeria & has not saved any economy in the world before. #iamjustwatching
Gbam!!!! True talk. cool

1 Like

Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by BE811APP: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2016
wait... who will buy the said sset in the country apart from Dangote?
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by sharliz(f): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Hehehe why do I feel this selling of assets is for own selfish reason ....it's well ooo
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by ArabMopol(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2016
I thought those clowns said Jonathan did not left anything, which national assets are they going to auction to one of their cronies Buhari is a dullard
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Samnavy: 8:36am On Sep 22, 2016
True talk
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by docmajor: 8:37am On Sep 22, 2016
This is a NO NO as long as oil and gas sectors are involved. This is calling for the privatization of oil and gas section in an oil producing country. Do you know what it means, it MONOPOLY.we may experience what mtn did to us years back in our oil sectors. Feds can sell off some nonperforming assets, like nigeria postal service, ajeakuto steel that never works years to years etc, and still place an embargo on them like, if your willing to buy, you must revive it and it must still remain a mailing company and must have up to a particular amount of worker etc. Your prices and policies will can be rectified by the feds etc...this is my infinitesimal contribution.

1 Like

Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by adeoba2008(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2016
What do you expect from those prodigal sons calling for sales of national assets. Is it not the likes of Saraki and Dangote that will buy it off. They should start from selling off their their prado jeeps and make law making a part time job before we will start taking them serious.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Xxpress(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Bizibi(m): 8:44am On Sep 22, 2016
If this govt have a solid economic team,they won't be thinking of selling the nation's assets.....they would have gotten a good deal with any of those hidden institutions in Europe and Asia.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

The truth is that Kemi Adeosun is doing apprenticeship with Nigeria's economy, she isn't fit to head that ministry but, because of padi-padi government & party cronyism in Nigeria's politics she will remain there. Managing Nigeria's finance isn't the same thing as managing Osun state's finance.

Good english + beauty can't save Nigeria & has not saved any economy in the world before. #iamjustwatching

good english i agree with you but beauty not with that flat nose of hers
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Slickchuma1: 9:01am On Sep 22, 2016
Nice read

MadCow1:
I pray they stay divided o.

Sell all the refineries.. No be like say dem don ever work sef.

Sell off all the F.G stakes in the J.V's.. It's not as if the F.G has ever been able to meet its obligations under those agreements.

Sell off Ajaokuta steel Company.. That Project started long before I was born and my Children are going to turn up soon and still one capsule of steel never come out from the fhucking place..

Concession all the Federal Airports.. Its a shame that in 2016, Nigeria can't boast of 1 standard International Airport anywhere in the 36 states..

Concession the Railways.. I see the Federal Government running even these revitalized ones into the ground as they did in the past.

I think the Seaports too should be concessioned.. The delays in turn around time for vessels and the fact that Port Harcourt and Calabar ports are redundant is a good reason to do this..

History has taught Nigerians that the Federal Government of Nigeria lacks the ability to successfully manage any business. Examples we can learn from include;

1. Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL) - If not for MTN and Econet, God knows where we would still be telecoms wise as a Nation. The NITEL Tower in Lagos is a steady reminder of the epic nature of the failure of NITEL.

2. National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) - The fhuckery of NEPA is still hunting Nigeria many years after they were unbundled.

3. Nigerian Airways - I doubt alot of people on Nairaland even remember that Nigeria once owned a National Carrier.

4. Nigerian Railway Corporation - Another sad sad story of the Nigerian Governments inability to run a business.

5. National fertilizer Company (NAFCON) - Pfft.. I remember when I was in primary school and Secondary school, kids whose parents worked in NAFCON were filthy wealthy.

6. Ajaokuta Steel and Delta Steel Companies - The fhuckery still continues even till today.

** If NNPC were not dealing in oil, with the level of corruption and decay in that entity, by now it would have sank like the others mentioned above.

BUT you see the NLNG!!! They should not even dare touch it.. And the Brass NLNG which they have locked up in shady dealings and re-dealings should be fast tracked and brought to life. Gas is the future, Oil is dead.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by MariamAlheri: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2016
Ajaokuta Steel and Delta Steel Companies - The fhuckery still continues even till today.

@MadCow1, Delta Steel Company has been sold off since 2006 or thereabouts, by OBJ.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by MadCow1: 9:06am On Sep 22, 2016
MariamAlheri:
Ajaokuta Steel and Delta Steel Companies - The fhuckery still continues even till today.

@MadCow1, Delta Steel Company has been sold off since 2006 or thereabouts, by OBJ.

Sold off.. Re-acquired by AMCON due to bad debt in 2011 or so..
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by MariamAlheri: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2016
MadCow1:

Sold off.. Re-acquired by AMCON due to bad debt in 2011 or so..

And resold off again... Indians abi Chinese are d new owners now.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by ChessEnthusiast: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Out of every salient point that was mentioned, it was only the issue of Adeosun that gave you a hard on. what da hell is wrong with you people that you can't see beyond your ethnic chauvinism, bigotry and hatred? The same person inherited an economy in a state of comatose, forex challenges, plummeting oil prices etc. what would you expect her to do in a difficult situation like this if not to manage the situation which is was she has been doing? Even your darling overhyped local champion ngozi warned us of a difficult time ahead and asked Nigeria to brace up. Your unproductive senators are not ready to cut down their extravagant earnings, they're not ready to cut down on the cost of governance, but your only problem is adeosun.
After 16 years of unprecedented looting of the treasury, your economy is in a dire situation, and you want magic from Kemi because she's a Merlin or what? No way. there's no way we are getting out of this anytime soon because we've refused to save for a time like this. we cannot eat out cake and have it.
I put it you to mention things that you would do differently if you are in the position Kemi is now. I bet if you can! even your iPod fool cbn Governor that turned the treasury to ATM is still there. I have not seen you daft iPod M0ron call for his sack! it sucks to be an iPod yoot. Kemi is going to be there to serve the country in her own capacity and there's nothing you and your fellow inconsequential iPod m0rons are going to do about it. If you're pained, cry me a river son.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Charly68: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2016
I know they will forever be divided because all they want is to buyback our national assets as their share of democratic dividends. This God won't allow to happen till eternity. Greed everywhere,may God help the patriotic remnants

1 Like

Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2016
hustlengetpaid:

good english i agree with you but beauty not with that flat nose of hers
na u talk that 1 oh, my hands are clean.. cool
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by yahmohy27: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

I like that ur last sentence ,bitter truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by yahmohy27: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
If they wanna help let em start by cutting their allowances cause i don't understand why they should be paid that much even when the country is in a bad shape.

About Kemi grin,she should be moved to Any department that needs a good English speaker but very far away from our Economy and Finance
nauty guy
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Fidelismaria: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2016
cry Oh GOD SHIT IS GETTIN SERIOUS EVERYDAY NIGERIANS ARE IN SERIOUS POO SINCE DOSE GREEDY BASTARD RE BENT ON SELLING EVERYTIN Y NOT JUST HAND OVER D GOVERNMENT
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Oblang(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Now tell me what she's presently doing wrong as the fm and suggest what she could have done instead... Is her English the problem?
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2016
yahmohy27:
nauty guy
huh?
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by goziedave(m): 9:57am On Sep 22, 2016
Sell of our national asset is certainly not the way out, whatever happened to deregulation of the downstream sector and other sectors? Well I personally think the government should deregulate and not sell a national asset like NLNG.......

This is a pure capitalist call
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by LargeBreed(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2016
kenny987:
This particular call for sale of national assets particularly d NLNG 'smells' really 'fishy' to me. I have no doubt it's a demonic plan to place d live wire of d economy in the hands of a greedy lot for some sort of unlawful and sinister empowerment.

Thank God for sensible ppl like Ekweremadu. I am also certain this is the reason for that proposed economic emergency power so that they can cut off the Senate and do rubbish. Hopefully d majority of the NASS will hear and echo the voices of the masses not to be sold into some form of benign yet malignant slavery!
Good one.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

We can sell our refineries , but selling our stake in oil and gas is too risky...
what is NNPC doing other than accumulating debts?
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by daryoor03(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2016
Pass the recommendation to a listening and active Executive. I doubt we have one.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by foxgiovani(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2016
Does this means that our President & his team are not seeing any other way forward?
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 22, 2016
Am can't still imagine my vision on Nigeria, i have known that such words will come out from our Govt someday to be sincere.

War will still settle this matter if care is not taken. Though the country war happen did not also pray for it "mind up". i cant believe our leaders still be running around to seek for help.

We all effected in this country, Clear your dirty path and help will find you.

Vice Senate President keep up the good work.

Build your Security to protect your citizen and boundaries
Work on stable Electricity.
Live below your revenue.
Free duty and tax free to foreigner Investor for long term.
Embrace and Practice Love,Unity and Peace.
The welfare of your Citizen should priority.
Let wait and see result
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by ezemme(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
Selling of national assets, don't be surprise that those calling for the selling will end up buying the assets... I smell conspiracy.... pls the senators should come up with good methods of tackling this recession
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by HeGeMon(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Do u guys know Dangote is on Nairaland?? He just keeps quiet. Dangote! If u r viewing this, 2 trailers of Rice won't be a bad idea,ooo
SamuelAnyawu:
PDP senators are against selling off federal governments stake in the oil and gas sector...

Dangote viewing this topic grin
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
If you must sell non-performing assets sell, but not to Dangote. That guy will finish us up if we don't thread softly.
Re: Recession: Senators Divided Over Sale Of National Assets by macherie1: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Clueless leaders.Suggesting sale of the country's future to satisfy their selfish needs. They are all lazy in thinking. Reason why we are where we are.To solve the economic crisis, the government should scrap the Treasury single account and makes funds available to entrepreneurs at low interest rates. The government should develop infrastructures and encourage industries to grow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Clarifies Funding For 2nd Niger Bridge As N2bn Not $2bn / Issa Aremu Steps Down For Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq In Kwara / Buhari To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.