Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting (5302 Views)

Aisha Buhari Welcomes Her Husband To Aso Rock After Visiting Troops In Borno.PIC / A Nairalander At Ongoing Apc Ward 4 Rally, Benin City / Photos Of Aisha Buhari At Ongoing 'stop TB' Meeting In New York,USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by MrAJQ(m): 6:32am On Sep 22, 2016
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday applauded the long history of economic relationship between his country and France on the one hand, and Nigeria and Switzerland on the other.

At separate bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the ongoing 71st United Nations General Assembly in New York, United States of America, the Nigerian leader welcomed more investment and economic partnerships.

“Nigeria is a fertile ground for handsome return on investments.

“Apart from your country’s close relationship with us, you have the same with most of our neighbours.

“We seek more collaboration, particularly in agriculture, mining and security,” President Buhari told Francois Hollande of France.

A spokesman for President Buhari, Femi Adesina, said that the President further briefed his French counterpart on the Presidential Committee on the North East, which he described as a one-stop mechanism on development partnership for a zone that had been ravaged in the over six years of insurgency by Boko Haram insurgents, and which needed urgent rebuilding.

Responding, President Hollande pledged that France would not only fully engage with Nigeria on different fronts, but would also provide humanitarian assistance in the North East.

“We will invest in Nigeria, we believe in her,” the French President said.
At another meeting with President Johann Schneider-Ammann of Switzerland, President Buhari sought his counterpart’s cooperation on speedy repatriation of Nigeria’s money stashed in that country, stressing that Nigeria needed such resources, particularly for infrastructure.

With the two countries having agreed on projects to which the returned funds would be deployed, President Schneider-Ammann promised quick action, as soon as the draft agreement was signed.

He also pledged consolidation of mutual trade relationships, infrastructural development as well as support in training and equipping of the Nigerian military.

www.channelstv.com/2016/09/21/buhari-hails-france-switzerland-relations-nigeria/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=channelstv

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by richidinho(m): 6:45am On Sep 22, 2016
grin
Oh! They are still promising, ehn!

They promised more than that since May 29

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by DaudaAbu(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Lets go there
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Nice One
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by eleojo23: 7:36am On Sep 22, 2016
Buhari spent his first year travelling round the globe telling everyone that we are all corrupt.
Now I see that he intends to spend his second year touring the globe to reverse the defaming statements he made during the first year.

Just great!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by StephanieLuv(f): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2016
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday applauded the long history of [size=20pt]economic relationship between his country and France[/size] on the one hand, and Nigeria and Switzerland on the other.

Why won't he applaud the relationship, the same France that sold Panhard armored vehicles to the Nigerian federal government during the civil war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Authoreety: 7:36am On Sep 22, 2016
Something should be done fast o..
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Echo50(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2016
What about the ones he has sent packing in naija?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Pavore9: 7:37am On Sep 22, 2016
"With the two countries having agreed on projects to which the returned funds would be deployed, President Schneider-Ammann promised quick action, as soon as the draft agreement was signed"..........To avoid re-looting! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Cutezt(m): 7:37am On Sep 22, 2016
yes, it's a welcome development, if only they will truly come and invest in an I'll economy, meanwhile, see legendary African leader, Robert Mugabe's Hilarious speech at the meeting http://vidscoop..com/2016/09/robert-mugabe-addresses-un-general.html
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by simmieyoung(m): 7:38am On Sep 22, 2016
I believe in my president.
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by gurunlocker: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2016
These guys are just promising since last year, they don't trust the dullard.... Even the currency deal with China that zombies were happy about has no effect since it was signed....

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by chally02(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
Thank God he didn't defame our country as usually, seems he has started listening to advice that no leader can say bad things about his country and expects investments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Zaikon(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
hhhm ALLAH YASA MUDACE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
This confused president should just resign. We yoruba's regret voting him in

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by raker300: 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
I'll believe this news only when they start employing
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Greataausim(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2016
I have never seen or heard any good out-come frm his trips since he was swear in as a president of this country...... God save us frm all evil politician in this country.
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by HtwoOw: 7:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Buhari's Travels making sense since 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Raymondreigns(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Pls wen som1 finish read tell me d summary
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Icecomrade: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2016
Not

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by jegz25(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2016
Let's go there sai Baba..dunno y I believe in him.despite everything I still have faith in him. God bless 9ja

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Zico5(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by saintkel(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2016
Wish him all d best. Just dat am scared of our borrowing dis days
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by apasino01: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2016
jegz25:
Let's go there sai Baba..dunno y I believe in him.despite everything I still have faith in him. God bless 9ja
you just refuse to see the truth....thats why you still have blind faith in this deaf old mallamm what are people like you called again Somone help me....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by jegz25(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2016
Greataausim:
I have never seen or heard any good out-come frm his trips since he was swear in as a president of this country...... God save us frm all evil politician in this country.
warris dis 1 saying?
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Greataausim(m): 7:46am On Sep 22, 2016
jegz25:
warris dis 1 saying?

What do u hear or see...? Can u list the good out-come of his trips sinc he was sworn in as president of this country....?
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by jegz25(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2016
apasino01:
you just refuse to see the truth
what truth?
Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by buchilino(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2016
OBJ WENT ON A WORLDWIDE JAMBOREE WITH D EXCUSE OF BRING INVESTORS, MUSA DID D SAME, JONA ALSO WENT ON HIS JAMBOREE. NOW BUHARI HAS JOINED D EVA GROWING LIST OF BRING INVESTORS. WAT I DON'T GET IS DAT HIS POLICIES IS HURTING D INVESTORS CURRENTLY IN COUNTRY, YET HIS GOING 2 LOOK 4 INVESTORS. SOMETIMES I WONDER IF ASO ROCK MAKES PPLE 2 LOSE THEIR SENSES.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Welcomes More Investment And business partners At Ongoing UN Meeting by Israel5(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2016
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The New Emire, The King Of Ballot Box Snachers / Shortly After APC Mocked Him For Not Having A Child, Governor Obaseki Releases P / The SW, SE And SS Must Remain A Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.