Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) (1195 Views)

Critical Analysis Of The Pauper By Richard Carl Ntiru / The Pauper's Son 1...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) / Late Icon And The Pauper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by bamnet(m): 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
THE PAUPER'S SON 1
Who is thy pauper's son? Hunger may we know him with. In ruggedness, shameful clothing and untidiness may we identify him. Looking pale all day long like a man suffering from a generational curse. Yes of course, he's cursed with poverty and long-suffering. But what have I done to help the pauper's son? And how have you thought to relinquish the sufferings of a pauper let alone of his son(or sons as the case is in this part of the world)? How does the society look upon the pauper's son? While some knows not what it is to be hungry, others have no idea what it is to be satisfied. A world of differences; and societal segregation... A world of economical imbalances. But who does care? After all, the rich is getting wealthier... And the poor growing filthier. What could be done to relinquish the sufferings of a man? Truly, what is the way out?

While some grow up to inherit generational wealth, others grow to inherit generational poverty. Whilst others are in school learning, he's pro'ly on the streets hawking. If he's a bit better living, he'll be on the field with his yet poor father tilling under the scorch of the sun and in the drops and beats of the rain. Yet, the society mocks him even after not being in his shoes. What has the pauper's son done to deserve such living? Now the country is worse, I wonder how he feeds. The rents are high, I wonder where he lives. Always penny less but yet he remains as friendly and humble as a snowman. The society considers him useless; does he mind?.....

...to be continued!!!

pls, your comments are highly needed on this one as this is my first ever story on Nairaland.... your corrections & views are also needed... you're also free to criticize

2 Likes

Re: The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by coolhumble(m): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2016
More ink to your pen bro grin

This is truly beautiful and i cant wait to read more.

Cc: lalastilala can we read this on FP please? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by bamnet(m): 8:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thanks bro... comments like this makes me want to do more!!!
Re: The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by coolniks(f): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2016
Really heartbreaking. Nice one bro
Re: The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by bamnet(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
The Pauper's Son 2.....

The society considers him useless; does he mind? No!... I envy the happiness of a pauper's son; he does not have to worry about 'his' DSTV subscription (does he even have one?), when people seek after the luxuries of life, he sits back & reminisces on what to eat next(not that there's a definite source where the food's gonn' come from tho). When we're unhappy due to failed promises, he never had anyone to promise him anything. His wife has no need to worry about the right clothes to wear to a function(she could even do with a few more). His life is a story that could be written in a thousand pages and yet there'll be more to write. The simplicity of his life is appealing!

What can I do to help? How can you improve the pauper's way of life? Would you just watch him starve? Would you eat to your fill and gaze at the pauper feed from your leftovers? If we collectively work together hands in hands, we could eradicate poverty not just in Nigeria but in the world too... Say NO to corrupt practices; say NO to extravagances... Drop a Naira, Dollar, Pound, Euro today for the poor and let's say YES to living!!!

Inspired by the wars in Syria... And the starving refugees. Insurgency in Nigeria, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan.... And to the homeless IDP's in Northern Nigeria... We remember you.

#teamprudency ....
#feedthepoor ....
#feelforus ....

1 Share

Re: The Pauper's Son...(a Short, Heart Touching Story) by AngelAhnie(f): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Touchy cry

(1) (Reply)

Until I Met You - Episode 8 / Hannah And I / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.