Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? (1198 Views)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / Nigerian Novelist Biyi Bandele Is Dead / Novelist/writers Whatsapp Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by garfield1: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2021
Between late chinua Achebe,wole Soyinka,Cyprian ekwensi and elechi amadi,who is the best? For me,it is Cyprian ekwensi...

Mynd44
Fergie001
Helinues
Lordviccodaguru
Oghenaogie
Kyase

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by OBALOLA55(m): 10:05am On Nov 01, 2021
APC EVIL AGENTS HAVE STARTED AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by viyon02: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2021
No doubt, these men are Africa finests, But very difficult for me to choice the best; Wole, Achebe and Cyprian is just too difficult to pick the best from, these men are just too good, Wole being Nobel lorete for his outstanding works not easy, you must be the best in the world for you to get it; Achebe too should have gotten Nobel lorette in his outstanding novel " things fall apart" translated more than 60 languages not easy for ordinary man to achieve that, any student in the world that want to study Africa history and language must read the novel "things fall apart" l always rank him and wole the Same. When l read "the concubine" l have much respect for Cyprian, he was a good writer, when I was reading it, it was as if I was watching a TV, cudos to him. So op, hard for me to choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Kyase(m): 10:51am On Nov 01, 2021
garfield1:
Between late chinua Achebe,wole Soyinka,Cyprian ekwensi and elechi amadi,who is the best? For me,it is Cyprian ekwensi...

Mynd44
Fergie001
Helinues
Lordviccodaguru
Oghenaogie
Kyase

Give Achebe anytime any day
Wole is over rated abeg
Achebe for me
All his novels are a hit

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Daddysidhan: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2021
WOLE SOYINKA abi no b only him win label Laurette ni, Achebe and cyprian try but Dem no reach.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by sweetonugbu: 10:55am On Nov 01, 2021
viyon02:
No doubt, these men are Africa finests, But very difficult for me to choice the best; Wole, Achebe and Cyprian is just too difficult to pick the best from, these men are just too good, Wole being Nobel lorete for his outstanding works not easy, you must be the best in the world for you to get it; Achebe too should have gotten Nobel lorette in his outstanding novel " things fall apart" translated more than 60 languages not easy for ordinary man to achieve that, any student in the world that want to study Africa history and language must read the novel "things fall apart" l always rank him and wole the Same. When l read "the concubine" l have much respect for Cyprian, he was a good writer, when I was reading it, it was as if I was watching a TV, cudos to him. So op, hard for me to choice.
cypril ekwensi did not write the concubine, elechi amadi is the writer.ACHEBE Is the best.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by jyz200(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2021
The GOAT
WOLE SOyINKA

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Shaolin77: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2021
Achebe is the real GOAT, all those yorubas shouting wole soyinka doesn't have sense, can they name one notable book written by wole? Or even five of any of his book

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by helinues: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2021
Chinua Achebe wasn't just Nigeria's greatest but Africa's greatest

1 Like

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by fergie001: 11:52am On Nov 01, 2021
I don't think there is anything like the best...it depends on how you connect to the writer or his works.

Things Fall Apart is a masterpiece.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 01, 2021
Literary works can't be measured so it's hard to say who the best is.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by viyon02: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2021
sweetonugbu:
cypril ekwensi did not write the concubine, elechi amadi is the writer.ACHEBE Is the best.
yeah thanks, just little mix up there..... Achebe is a great man indeed, also Wole.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by garfield1: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
fergie001:
I don't think there is anything like the best...it depends on how you connect to the writer or his works.

Things Fall Apart is a masterpiece.

The passport of mallam llia is legendary
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by SlayerForever: 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2021
Elechi Amadi is a failure.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Cholls(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
My brother who are they? Are they Nigerian?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by kay29000(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2021
Na wa o... See as people have turned this to a tribal thing. God help us in this country.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by elpochas: 8:05pm On Nov 01, 2021
Am nt a literature student bt i love reading,All those men you mention have read their book,They write different,wole writes meanly playlets,Achebe writes mainly Novels,Ekwensi writes mainly stories.So u cnt compare them,it jst dpends on wot u like reading.Me i luv stories alot thats y i read if nt all Nigeria best story teller of all time books.Rest on the great Cyprain Ekwensi.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 02, 2021
garfield1:

Mynd44
Fergie001
Helinues
Lordviccodaguru
Oghenaogie
Kyase

Chinua Achebe is true to his pen.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2021
Cyprian Ekwensi, style of writing is like FPV.

I don't think there is best, but Ekwensi is better in everything.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by garfield1: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
Proudlyngwa:
Cyprian Ekwensi, style of writing is like FPV.

I don't think there is best, but Ekwensi is better in everything.

As in eh.all his novels are hits back to back.he is the bridge between Achebe and soyinka
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Davidonkonsults: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Cyprian Ekwensi. Master story teller.
Wole Soyinka. Literary genius.
Chinua Achebe. Master story teller.
Ngugi wa Thiongo.
Chimamanda Adichie.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by A001: 4:47am On Nov 25, 2021
Wole Soyinka is the numero uno. He's a literary colossus.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Writer/novelist? by Amujale(m): 4:50am On Nov 25, 2021
A001:
Wole Soyinka is the numero uno. He's a literary colossus.

All facts

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Here Is Addicted To Vc Andrews / An Interesting Poem On Amebo (gossip) / I Have A Little Story ( A Short Story/ Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.