Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,943 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation (651 Views)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / Is Religion A Scam??? / Religion,a Tool Of Mind Control And Ignorance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by toshino4real(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Let me go straight to the point

I am a graduate waiting for the clarion call, so in order not to stay idle, I was looking for where to keep my body and soul together.

So about three days ago, somebody told me that she has helped me to get a place I can manage. It is a place where they are producing feeds for animals in Osogbo because I reside in Osogbo.

Though I was told to resume next week monday (26/09/16), but I should come first to iron some things out. So I went there yesterday and I met the woman that owns the place.

Though the salary on offer was very low but I was ready to do it because I just want to out in the morning doing something meaningful and comeback in the evening.

Let me state somethings before I continue:
I am a muslim and the woman that owns the place is a deeper life christian( I got to know from our discussion)

She told me everything that I need to about the work, then she asked me about my religion which I told her. Now here is where the problem lies.

She said that I will be praying along with her before and after closing of work in a christian way, and also every monday, they usually have praise and worship and bible study in the evening at the place of work which I must partake if she is to hire me. But the worst is she told me I cannot practice my own religion while am at work place like going to mosque especially Jumuat prayer on Friday.

She said she cannot hire me if I can't abide by all she has said. I rejected her offer ofcourse because I was going there to work and not for any religion purpose.

Now the question is, should we take religion to this level of separation and discrimination? Even if she want to convert me to christianity, then she cannot by this level of discrimination. Am still at home looking for somewhere else but I am not dejected
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by ValentineMary(m): 5:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Religion is a tool for separation. Only someone who denies reality would say otherwise. Parents disown their children if they change religion, muslims employ majorly muslims, xtians employ majorly christinas, muslims hardly marry xtians, xtians hardly marry muslims. The 2 major religion in Nigeria are at loggerhead with each other. The other condemning the participants of another religion to hell.

If we cling to our religious charismatic character in Nigeria, then I fear our growth would be seriously hindered.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by toshino4real(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:
Religion is a tool for separation. Only someone who denies reality would say otherwise. Parents disown their children if they change religion, muslims employ majorly xtians, xtians employ majorly christinas, muslims hardly marry xtians, xtians hardly marry muslims. The 2 major religion in Nigeria are at loggerhead with each other. The other condemning the participants of another religion to hell.

If we cling to our religious charismatic character in Nigeria, then I fear our growth would be seriously hindered.

U are absolutely right. Nothing is done for humanity again unless u do their wish
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by analice107: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
toshino4real:
Let me go straight to the point

I am a graduate waiting for the clarion call, so in order not to stay idle, I was looking for where to keep my body and soul together.

So about three days ago, somebody told me that she has helped me to get a place I can manage. It is a place where they are producing feeds for animals in Osogbo because I reside in Osogbo.

Though I was told to resume next week monday (26/09/16), but I should come first to iron some things out. So I went there yesterday and I met the woman that owns the place.

Though the salary on offer was very low but I was ready to do it because I just want to out in the morning doing something meaningful and comeback in the evening.

Let me state somethings before I continue:
I am a muslim and the woman that owns the place is a deeper life christian( I got to know from our discussion)

She told me everything that I need to about the work, then she asked me about my religion which I told her. Now here is where the problem lies.

She said that I will be praying along with her before and after closing of work in a christian way, and also every monday, they usually have praise and worship and bible study in the evening at the place of work which I must partake if she is to hire me. But the worst is she told me I cannot practice my own religion while am at work place like going to mosque especially Jumuat prayer on Friday.

She said she cannot hire me if I can't abide by all she has said. I rejected her offer ofcourse because I was going there to work and not for any religion purpose.

Now the question is, should we take religion to this level of separation and discrimination? Even if she want to convert me to christianity, then she cannot by this level of discrimination. Am still at home looking for somewhere else but I am not dejected
She made the right choice if you ask me.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by toshino4real(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
analice107:

Are we going to continue living like this in this country?
If such woman should need my help tomorrow, should I decline bcus of her religion affiliation?
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by analice107: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2016
toshino4real:

Are we going to continue living like this in this country?
If such woman should need my help tomorrow, should I decline bcus of her religion affiliation?

Depends.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by toshino4real(m): 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
analice107:

Depends.
On what?
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by Ranchhoddas: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sorry bro. I can imagine. Just take it as one those experiences. I am in also looking for pre-internship/NYSC job so I have an idea how bad such a thing can be. Keep on keeping on.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by Ranchhoddas: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
analice107:
Be nice!
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by HCpaul(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2016
ValentineMary:
Religion is a tool for separation. Only someone who denies reality would say otherwise. Parents disown their children if they change religion, muslims employ majorly xtians, xtians employ majorly christinas, muslims hardly marry xtians, xtians hardly marry muslims. The 2 major religion in Nigeria are at loggerhead with each other. The other condemning the participants of another religion to hell.

You deserve a medal.

Nice point by the way.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by analice107: 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Be nice!
Was i rude? Am sorry. Really, i am.
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by analice107: 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
toshino4real:

On what?
Dont bother
Re: Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation by BodyKiss(m): 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
analice107:

You quoted the whole post to make this statement, yet you made no sense.

Please elaborate to us how she made the right choice. Would you have made this same statement if the case was the other way round?

(1) (Reply)

Did Adam Eat Another Apple? / Revealing Their Very Atheist Christmas Plans / Rev Father Hangs Out With Sexy Chicks On Val's Day Since No Single On Va

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.