Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss (525 Views)

Is Betting Changing The Fortune Of Nigerians? / Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello Guys!

This question has been a problem between I and my friend.

We have been discussing on "If betting is a youth empowerment"

And below was my own part of discussion ;

Betting is a Youth empowerment because it helps the youths nowadays to make a living through betting either with a small amount or a big amount depending on your pocket and on the other you might win the betting.

But its gradually not becoming youth empowerment because some youths steal to bet and some even kill each other.Just the other time someone hurt himself for Losing N22,000 in betting,which is inappropriate!

Some youths has formed it as habit and it has eaten them up.

This is my own part of the discussion!

Share your own story or discussion with us!! On
"Is betting a youth empowerment?"

Brought to you by "Okoro Joy"
Re: Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss by menxer: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
The first law of betting states, "Always bet an amount you would be comfortable losing".

Applying this law to the discussion, betting is not youth empowerment because of the inherent (un)certainty of a "loss" as compared to the certainty of a "win" inherent in the word "empowered."

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Spread The Midfield Load / Casemiro And The Problem With Real Madrid’s Balance / 5 Things We Learned From Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.