Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? (21454 Views)

Is Betting Changing The Fortune Of Nigerians? / Is betting A Youth Empowerment? Discuss / Betting Online Is Betting Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
Seriously, what's so bad or immoral about betting?
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

so I really want to know why its bad.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2016
It's addictive, That's why it's bad.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by drmikeadams(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:
I don't think Betting and gambling are the same thing. to me, 'betting' sounds way cooler than 'gambling'

I don't know where people get the notion that gambling leads people to hell I don't see anything wrong in it. Its just like every other thing in life where you loose some, and you win some.
I just made 5k from betting in the barca and arsenal match, and my mum was like "Christians don't bet" and she ended up eating from the money undecided

lalasticlala

farano ishilove seun
?.any games today?

29 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by kossyablaze(m): 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2016
drmikeadams:
?.any games today?
Yes o!Europa.Man utd vs Liverpool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by kossyablaze(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I concor.Quitted in 2013

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by drmikeadams(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2016
kossyablaze:
Yes o!Europa.Man utd vs Liverpool
?..so what are u betting on ?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:

its not.
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by kossyablaze(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
drmikeadams:
?..so what are u betting on ?
I av quitted...If u r still doing it...stop it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by drmikeadams(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2016
kossyablaze:
I av quitted...If u r still doing it...stop it
grin ;Y?

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Lattop(m): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
I will stop (football betting) when Jesus Comesgrin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:

lalasticlala

farano ishilove seun
Hehehe
Bae when did u start betting
Well Betting is Bad grin
But I PUNT cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
2dice:
Hehehe Bae when did u start betting Well Betting is Bad grin But I PUNT cheesy
what makes it bad?
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lattop:
I will stop (football betting) when Jesus Comesgrin

lol that means ur gonna die betting

5 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Lattop(m): 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:

lol that means ur gonna die betting
Nah

Jesus is coming soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
EroticAngelina:

what makes it bad?
well we know the Good and Bad stuff.. If it is Good u won't open diss thread to ask the Question

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
yes ma its bad
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Dygeasy(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
cool
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gift01: 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
How many people do you see or have heard of that makes a living from betting apart from the bet companies?
That answers your question

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Same meaning but different words.
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by bolt000(m): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
yea it is really bad undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by tr3y(m): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Its not as long as your winning is more than your loss.

9 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
wats bad innit abeq

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gudluckgreat(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
2dice:
well we know the Good and Bad stuff..
If it is Good u won't open diss thread to ask the Question

This ain't a valid answer..give reasons why u feel it's bad.
Do you know betting and higher purchase are important course points when u study business administration?

1 Like

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by Sammyramires(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
It is not a short cut to success... Work legally and God will multiply your effort

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by orijintv(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
The Fact That One Game Kips Spoilin Mai Ticket Every Single Day Makes It Bad cry cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by ba7man(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Back in Uni, gambling saved me an my friends from dying of hunger.

Just know when to back out.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Eroticangelina Hw Ur husband (funlord) naa .
Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by gudluckgreat(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Same meaning but different words.
Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
Proverbs 28:22 He that hasteth to be rich hath an evil eye, and considereth not that poverty shall come upon him.

God does not support it.
See how you misquoted the Bible? Who gave you the ideology that betting is making haste to be rich? This shows u don't even have deeper understanding of the principles of betting..you are just concluding with the pattern of playing of people who abuse betting principles

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by charlove(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
no reasonable reply dat means its good....

2 Likes

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by mirabel001(f): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
it's a sin coz it might destroy ur life if care is nt taken

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Betting/gambling Really That Bad? by 2dice(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
gudluckgreat:

This ain't a valid answer..give reasons why u feel it's bad.
Do you know betting and higher purchase are important course points when u study business administration?
the mind knows what is Good and what is Bad...
If u are doing someone Good you... won't even ask Questions like ..
Why do I help him/her?..
U dig..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Will Officially Be Playing Champions League Football Next Season / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Giroud Wins 2018/19 Europa League Top Scorer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.