Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,206 members, 7,842,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS (29661 Views)

New Look Of Bama, A City That Was Once Taken Over By Boko Haram (photos) / Emir Of Bama's Wife Rescued From Boko Haram By Army / Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Bosso Town Of Niger/Nigerian Border Buried(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by ArabMopol(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2016
dis guys create this menace upon themselves, North prefer to be in stone age... abeg that wheelbarrow what is it for empowerment right

2 Likes

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by 247Potential: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2016
Jethrolite:
Go and open a blog and post your pictures and story there first before posting a link here. Na wa o, bloggers will really pray for you and bless you as they piggy back on your hard work.

I think Nairaland deserves original stories and copies too. Honestly, seeing all those crazy blogs as sources for Nairaland frontpage news disgusts me somewhat.

A forum as heavy as this should have freelance journalists too sourcing for firsthand information. If a person decides to do such, kudos to him/her.

2 Likes

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by HtwoOw: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2016
Even Bama a town supposedly inhabited by illitrates and beggars is developing,

Whereas my enlightened people of the lost tribe of Israel are contaminating the land

Who dem epp
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by banmee(m): 7:45am On Sep 23, 2016
hybeenoni:
Truth is the north doesn't even pity nor like itself.
It rather prefer to use BBOG as a political tool just to gain power but now condemn the same BBOG, does this same region deserve people's sympathy?

The north brought this calamity upon itself!!!

Just like Nigerians brought the calamity they are in on themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Ellacindy: 7:47am On Sep 23, 2016
Tank God for dis project
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Jethrolite(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2016
247Potential:

I think Nairaland deserves original stories and copies too. Honestly, seeing all those crazy blogs as sources for Nairaland frontpage news disgusts me somewhat.

A forum as heavy as this should have freelance journalists too sourcing for firsthand information. If a person decides to do such, kudos to him/her.
Nairaland is not a media company even Facebook with over 1.7 billion users is not a media company, so it does not owe its audience original material rather it simplifies the process of accessing news content. If she can't see the importance of her pictures then goodluck to her.

1 Like

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by bigiyaro(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2016
Next time, they will tink twice before submitting dia heads to be brain washed by demented Islamists.

1 Like

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by kayti(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2016
I hope the northerners have learnt a new lesson with Book Haram,like the Yoruba adage that say "bi ara ile eni ban je kokoro buruku ti aba so fun kurukuru e ko nije ka sun loru" meaning when you see someone doing something bad condemn it ,if he fails to desist report to the appropriate authority no sentiments. or be ready to have a share of the problems when it starts. that is how we YORUBAS are taught and that explains the peace in southwest NIGERIA. SALAM.
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Eibams60(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2016
am nt seeing any church there. I don't know if am ....

2 Likes

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by iLifeplus: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2016
My Heart rejoice with you, thou great people of bama. I pray for a faster reconstruction of you emotional and psychologically state.
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by seguno2: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

Buhari is working

* dodge stone *

Yeah, working for his 97% in the NORTH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by TeamSimple(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Sealeddeal:
The North destroyed the North and Nigeria as a whole. Now they're back to square one.
How are we sure that Islamic wars are over?
The east destroyes the east and Nigeria as a whole. They went back to square one. But we are sure their seccession war isnt over.
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by borntosuccess(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2016
d looks on d women cjtf thou
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Charly68: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2016
Nobody is talking about the role of Boko Haram & corrupt military leaders in the emerging economic recession .
Borno state is a major stake holder in food supply chain of the country . The consequence of the war at that end is part of what we are experiencing today. Nigeria is blessed & no part of the nation can be ignored .

1 Like

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by sherlock229(m): 9:00am On Sep 23, 2016
Good developments!!!! shocked
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Eliteklaus(m): 9:35am On Sep 23, 2016
evidence of Islamic rule

1 Like

Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Tyche(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Sanchez01:

I don't understand. She posted pictures and you mentioned tribalistic tendencies. I was forced to search for the tendencies but couldn't find any. Must you guys ascribe tribalism to everything This ought to be a positive thread; one to be celebrated and not the mirage tribalistic tendencies you're seeing all over.

You lack discernment
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by ikemesit4477: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Sights of Bama as Governor Kashim relocates temporarily to Bama to suppervise the ongoing reconstruction excersice. Borno Shall Rise Again.
But they should have waited until boko haram surrender completely before they return back!
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by hakanai(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2016
DerrickzB:
They brought borno to what it is today.... am 100% sure the governor knows wassup.. meanwhile they r in a rush to develop a city that's still facing d threat of these islami extremists... Give it more time jare government...

I would say the idea is to take Back what you lost and put it to use. Until the enemy lacks place to hide/use. If the government restores confidence and life returns, then it would be much harder for the terrorist to move about within such domains. Take a scenario where they choose to invade a big community, The would need more resources to achieve that. In that case they become more and more visible. NAF gets to see them and the NA notices the movement. If they come in small numbers,its easier for the CJTF or community to defend themselves. They are most likely going to be left with only suicide attacks or small isolated attacks. Which can be managed if not eradicated. Whilst If you leave it empty and deserted, they can camp there sneak in and out . Use it as a staging point with ease.

Above all with dwindling resources i would suggest they give it a shot at resettling the community/ IDPs. As aid and support won't last forever. Resettle them,improve security and restore the economy of the community to minimize the spending on IDPs. Teach them to fish and defend themselves, let them fish!
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by Windway: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2016
Goodluck jonathan disapointed the north and the south. He remains the worst president in Nigeria since 1914
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by mecks15(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2016
It gives me much joy seeing life and normalcy return to Bama and the northeast. They shall be great again and Nigeria will be better off.
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by DerrickzB: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
hakanai:

I would say the idea is to take Back what you lost and put it to use. Until the enemy lacks place to hide/use. If the government restores confidence and life returns, then it would be much harder for the terrorist to move about within such domains. Take a scenario where they choose to invade a big community, The would need more resources to achieve that. In that case they become more and more visible. NAF gets to see them and the NA notices the movement. If they come in small numbers,its easier for the CJTF or community to defend themselves. They are most likely going to be left with only suicide attacks or small isolated attacks. Which can be managed if not eradicated. Whilst If you leave it empty and deserted, they can camp there sneak in and out . Use it as a staging point with ease.

Above all with dwindling resources i would suggest they give it a shot at resettling the community/ IDPs. As aid and support won't last forever. Resettle them,improve security and restore the economy of the community to minimize the spending on IDPs. Teach them to fish and defend themselves, let them fish!

Noted sir... but here is my own opinion... these boys sometimes over powers d military... if d military can't stand them... the CJTF can't either... and what happens when they over power d army after d place has been built up.. Destruction... in a higher fold... talking about how d new development would hinder their movement... it won't... that's even when they would enter more cause they can disguise.. but on a destroyed place...u can't make any excuse for been there... get my point. .. from d info i got... some of d borno residents even harbour boko haram members... imagine whay would happen
Re: The Ghost Town Of Bama Reawakened As Reconstruction Begins. PIXS by hakanai(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
DerrickzB:

Noted sir... but here is my own opinion... these boys sometimes over powers d military... if d military can't stand them... the CJTF can't either... and what happens when they over power d army after d place has been built up.. Destruction... in a higher fold... talking about how d new development would hinder their movement... it won't... that's even when they would enter more cause they can disguise.. but on a destroyed place...u can't make any excuse for been there... get my point. .. from d info i got... some of d borno residents even harbour boko haram members... imagine whay would happen

At present the army has recorded greater success stopping,repelling and containing the insurgents. like wise the CJTF who within the established domains they operate have done well to spot BH or stop infiltration. With the said progress i can say it will succeed and the insurgents are going to have a difficult time over running them as in the past. The army has not lost ground in the recent past. Unless exceptions are the occasioned hit and run. Also that has not being so successful. As the Army is able to track them or make it a costly move.
Again it is wise to be cautious and it is also sensible to consider the security of the community. I am sure the army and civil authorities have put measures in place to forestall such an incidence or breach in the security before embarking on such a move.

Always note that they(BH) need resources as humans or animals to succeed. That includes shelter,food,water,weapons,safe routes etc. You can imagine what an empty large community would offer them. you need to break the will for them to continue the fight. Deny them everything until they are willing to embrace peace. Even air if it was possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stella Oduah Spotted After A Long Absence Following Her Son's Death. / Peter Obi Nation Mobile App For Campaign, Others / Ambode And Amaechi Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.