Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures (554 Views)

Beautiful Wives Of Nigerian Pastors (Photos) / 7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by Orikinla(m): 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
If you know the sacred scriptures of the Holy Bible very well and the life of our Lord, Saviour and Messiah Jesus Christ, you can see that majority of Nigerians claiming and professing that they are Christian pastors and ministers don't understand the scriptures. And that is why their congregants and followers go to church, but behave like pagans.

The Holy Bible clearly identified them in the following chapters.

2 Timothy 3:5:
"Having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."

Hosea 4:6:
"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.'

True Christianity is transparent.
You cannot be dishonest in conceit and deceit and still claim to be a Christian.
You are not a Christian.
You are a fraud.

You cannot claim and profess to be a Christian pastor or minister and still be an apologist for liars, crooks and rogues in government and private business.

Which scriptures are you practicing?
What our Lord Jesus Christ said is clear.
" If you love me, keep my commandments. "~ John 14:15.
Therefore, you don't, you are not of Christ.
There is nothing more to say, because that's what Jesus Christ said.
And the Holy Bible is clear. So, don't be deceived.
2 Timothy 3:5
"Having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people".

Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by orisa37: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Yes you're right. Priests are born not made. Majority of Pastors are not Priests. Pastors are Managers of Vicarages. An Evangelist under them may have better Calling to know The Holy Spirit more. The Bible do not call any one Pastor. The Bible call Priests, Prophets, Disciples, Apostles and Evangelists.. Jesus calls us Friends and People given to Him by God. And God calls us Men, Sons and Lambs. We are all God's Lambs.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by Orikinla(m): 6:55am On Sep 24, 2016
orisa37:
Yes you're right. Priests are born not made. Majority of Pastors are not Priests. Pastors are Managers of Vicarages. An Evangelist under them may have better Calling to know The Holy Spirit more. The Bible do not call any one Pastor. The Bible call Priests, Prophets, Disciples, Apostles and Evangelists.. Jesus calls us Friends and People given to Him by God. And God calls us Men, Sons and Lambs. We are all God's Lambs.

All right.
The Apostle Paul called the appointed ones pastors and also bishops.
What matters most is whether pastors or bishops, they must know the scriptures in spirit and in truth to experience and share the infinite power of Almighty God JEHOVAH among their followers.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by orisa37: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2016
He who is least in The Kingdom of God is greater than Paul. I'm talking about God and what He calls His Creations. Calling Priests Pastors and Bishops is Paul s own descriptions not God's.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by reallest(f): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2016
It's not just majority of Nigeria pastors it's all Christian,or better still they understand it but choose to be liar
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by promise10: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2016
orisa37:
He who is least in The Kingdom of God is greater than Paul. I'm talking about God and what He calls His Creations. Calling Priests Pastors and Bishops is Paul s own descriptions not God's.
You sound so funny!

I think you should try to tear out all paul's epistles since he never heard of God. Just go and tear them out, never you read them!
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by promise10: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2016
reallest:
It's not just majority of Nigeria pastors it's all Christian,or better still they understand it but choose to be liar
I thought you are an atheist!
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by Orikinla(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2016
orisa37:
English translation is not the issue here.
Whether you call them Rabbi or priests, they should be fully informed of the scriptures so that they can empower their followers in the daily temptations and trials of life in a turbulent world.

The most hopeless situation is for church goers to go to churches of powerless pastors without gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by reallest(f): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2016
promise10:

I thought you are an atheist!
sure but how do you understand my comment ?
Re: Majority Of Nigerian Pastors Don't Understand The Holy Scriptures by orisa37: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2016
This is how we confuse Atheists.

(1) (Reply)

The Times Are Changing In My Favour – Rev. Patricia Tuaweri / Teen Dies After 68-day Fast; Family Faces Homicide Charges / Is The 'garden Of Eden' A Myth???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.