Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,752 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 (917 Views)

How I Removed A Broken Headphone Jack From My Phone / Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack / Here Is Why Apple Removed The 3.5mm Headset Jack From The New Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
A popular tech guy posted a video on the real reason apple removed the headphone jack and I kinda agree with him. Apple claimed it took COURAGE for them to remove it but the real reason doesn't have anything to do with courage at all. Apple removed it because they want to make more money. How?

The lightning port is proprietary to Apple, so it means any company making accessories with this port will have to pay royalties to apple or they will get sued. So why would they leave the headphone jack when they are not making money off it? Actually they pay royalty to the creator of the headphone jack if they use it. So they took it off and now lots of companies will be making lightning headphones and they all pay royalties to apple. Smart business move. It is believed for every lightning accessory made , apple collects a flat fee of $10 in royalty. And to get the accessory registered they still pay apple some royalties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmTSN4zWeQ0
Re: The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by Worksunlimited: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hmmm... That's interesting...
Re: The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by dasphinx1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
wow.....
Re: The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
dasphinx1:
wow.....

The thing surprise u? That's the bitter truth. Even though they claim it is for water proofing. They know it will cost more money to seal the headphone jack to make it waterproof, so they decided to remove it and nske more money from selling lightinging headphones and collect royalty from any company making 3rd party lightning headphones.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by dasphinx1(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
greenhulk:

The thing surprise u? That's the bitter truth. Even though they claim it is for water proofing. They know it will cost more money to seal the headphone jack to make it waterproof, so they decided to remove it sbd nske more money from selling lightinging headphones and collect royalty from any company making 3 party lightning headphones.

Not surprised though because i know Apple would give anything to rake in that extra bucks. I was not just expecting reasons for the removal of the headphone jack to be viewed from this angle.... anyways sha, Apple will always be Apple. Wetin concern me, iphone 5s price go don come down by now(the only iphone i love) smiley
Re: The REAL REASON Apple Removed The Headphone Jack From The Iphone 7 by Turks: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2016
Apple. Always ahead.

(1) (Reply)

The pros and cons of waterproof (water-resistant) phones / Latest Cheap Tecno Phones / New Phone Buyers Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.