Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies (7363 Views)

Please Recommend Some Nigerian Movies To Me / Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by trinigirl1(f): 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2006
Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good Naija movies for me? I prefer drama.

Thanks!
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by Raymand(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2006
'Good' movies in Nollywood. . .hmmm. . .lets see. . .ummmm . . . undecided

Sorry can't think of anything 'good'. . .
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by Damsal(f): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2006
Bridesmaid was a really cool film
Behind closed doors was also fab but it has three parts
I also think games women play was great, has two parts but if you like sda, Omotola and Genevieve then you'll definitely love it.

And if you speak yoruba then watch 'Owoblow' classic film, goes up to three parts but if you love guys playing bad and a little action with tonns of tears then you'll love it.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by toptho(f): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2006
keeping faith and Violated are films that i liked.oldie goldie in my opinion
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by trinigirl1(f): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2006
@Damsal, toptho

Ohh I saw Games Woman Play, loved it. In Trinidad we've only now started to get Nollywood movies. Some of them are good but , most of them are very very bad. undecided

But I'll get the ones you recommened and see.

Thanks guys
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:20am On Dec 27, 2006
@raymond
that was not fair angry

@trinigal
we have got good nigerian movies
behind close doors
bridesmaid
games men play
games women play
girls in the hood
real love
true love
when love dies
fishers of men
and i can recomend films produced by emem isong.she knows how to produce good films that keep you glued to the screen wink
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by PTBNaija(f): 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2006
I have to agree with ThoniaSlim, Games Men Play, and Games Women Play are GREAT FILMS!!! I mean, it's not deep or anything, but they are both great movies. But I have to add onto that:
[list]
[li]Face of Africa (Show Girls)[/li]
[li]Bed of Roses[/li]
[li]Price of Fame, I give this on an A++++++++ lol[/li]
[li]Lost Wealth[/li]
[li]Critical Decision[/li]
[li][The] Break Up[/li]
[li]Thick Madam[/li]
[/list]

I also heard that Usuofia in London was good, as well as She (You Must Obey) but I never watched them.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by Raymand(m): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2007
Yo, watch African Heroes or Mad Ghost. . . I love those movies so much i watch it every effing day! cool
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by sherocks: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2007
I enjoyed Women's Cot but its in 3 parts.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by sholemania: 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2007
smiley smiley smiley i seldom watch nigerian movie
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by queen2(f): 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2007
Games men play
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2007
you can rarely go wrong with films produced and written by Emem Isong

so GAMES WOMEN PLAY and GAMES MEN PLAY are good films others seem to agree.

Also try

Intimate strangers
Diamond Ring ( 2 parts)
come highly recommended by me

and all films buy Tunde Kelani(producer)
e.g. yellow card, saworoide, magun, oleku etc.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by kobe(m): 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2007
Face of Africa: While the movie is err okay, the title sucked.
Why deem a movie that somewhat portrays prostitution as the 'Face of Africa'.

Lets not join Western counterparts in denigrating our continent.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by babeng: 12:53pm On Jan 17, 2007
games men play u need to see this movie[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by TerraCotta(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2007
babeng:

games men play u need to see this movie[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I've been trying to watch this--I don't see what's so special about it. Seems pretty standard to me so far.
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by yomienny(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2007
have you all watch JACK AND THE BEAN STOCK, if u have nt go and get ur copy, yeah its a treology
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by Seun(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2007
Is that a Nigerian movie?
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by jjuummaaii(f): 11:59pm On Feb 22, 2007
keepin faith
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by trinigirl1(f): 1:05am On Feb 23, 2007
Billionaire's Club 1, 2 and 3 - best nigerian movie i've seen in a long time. great filmography, great actors, made the story very believable.  some of these scenes were unnecessarily long tho. like the beginning of part 2, the traditional wedding. i notice this flaw in a lot of nigerian movies.

Face Me I Face You - had me rolling with laughter, that woman will fight the wind if it blew too hard

Selfish Desire 1 and 2 - what a wicked man.

Love Nwantiti - too funny

Valentino
Re: Please Recommend Some Good Nigerian Movies by MsBS(f): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2007
I am a newbie but so far my favourites are,
"Girls Cot"
"Fishers of Men"

(1) (Reply)

Your Best Kissing Scene In A Movie. / Can Nollywood And Bollywood Ever Work Together? / Where Can I Download "Battle-on-buka-street"?(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.