Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? (13255 Views)

Buhari Introduces Startup Nigeria: How To Apply For It / N-power Salary Structure | How N-power Pay Workers / Should I Pay Him N500,000 For A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by eph12(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2016
temptnow:
guy you think it's only him? We plenty but we can't be that stupidd, people don't have extra money to spend on anything now, unless you are selling data bundle that people can't do without. Or your startup is only going to make money through Adsense. Bigger startups are struggling now, then to talk of upcoming smaller one. In business it's good to be smart and know the right time to hit the market. Don't be deceived by that " launch during hard times." Not in this present Nigeria.
Are you being specific about his kind of business or business generally?
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by y0rmee: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2016
Iamhatey:
online? Biko Lemme apply nah. I am experienced in this smiley

Lol. We are nuh finding yhu tongue
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by obiaguna(m): 8:55am On Sep 24, 2016
oluwaseyi000:

What do u take nairaland for; there are really successful people here who has gone through the questions he asked, and can provide him a reliable answer from experience

and abt strangers: there opinions are more truthful and unbias as they have nothing to gain/loose from you, no jealousy or hatred; they simply tell u what they think/feel.

Lol so you can give him advice without having all his figures or at least knowing what the said startup entails. You don't know the business model or how much he has spent. You have no information whatsoever and you my friend, from no where will tell him how much to pay as salary. Please I'm all ears. Go on.
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by temptnow: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2016
eph12:

Are you being specific about his kind of business or business generally?
his kind of business if it requires people to deep their hands in their pockets
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by beadaholic(f): 9:37am On Sep 24, 2016
hats:
Hello,
I will soon launch my online company but I've been thinking of how much to pay the following
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

Remember, we're just starting so paying huge sum of amount may not be possible as a startup. So how much do you think is decent enough to pay per month?

Please I know an accountant with 4 years experience. She would be interested.
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2016
y0rmee:

Lol. We are nuh finding yhu tongue
undecided undecided

Don't Lemme fight smiley. My boss is the owner of this thread smiley
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by ahahnow: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2016
I suggest you pay your employees 1 million per month. That is not even enough to buy bag of rice
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by kaboninc(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2016
Asuokaa:

Can u. Pls gibe me ur whatsapp no or email.. I want to discuss wit u

Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by justmenoni: 11:21am On Sep 24, 2016
You're wicked grin grin grin grin grin so if op has BSc,MSc, phd with over 100 years of experience and expecting 10million naira as salary per month ,then he should pay 10million naira to someone with just ssce and 0 months experience? grin grin grin grin

Trayoralas:
pay to them what you think you can collect from someone else
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by preciousMI1(f): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2016
hats:
Hello,
I will soon launch my online company but I've been thinking of how much to pay the following
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

Remember, we're just starting so paying huge sum of amount may not be possible as a startup. So how much do you think is decent enough to pay per month?
gimme customer service
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Danny4show(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2016
sincerely, you are still in the best position to answer this question.
Sit down and analyse things bro, though there are good comments up there you could follow while most are craps...
sit down and think....
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by y0rmee: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Iamhatey:
undecided undecided
Don't Lemme fight smiley. My boss is the owner of this thread smiley
grin Prospective boss, you mean? tongue
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by y0rmee: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2016
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Ken4agent(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
am waiting for d day someone will come and ask "pls am menstrating what can i use" what a Q!
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by simiolu1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2016
hats:
Hello,
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

I was at StartUP Friday yesterday and Mike Siebel of Y Combinator (you might actually google the guy) said and I quote "When someone is pitching to me, I look at how important the tech guy or engineer is to him or her. If the person is important, it would show in the stock that person owns". I think therein lies your answer
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by henshj(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
hats:
Hello,
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

hats:
Hello,
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

hats:
Hello,
1) Customer service
2) Tech Guy
3) Advertiser
4) Operations manager
5) Accountant

OP, You need a very good management accountant to do just a little calculating for you, so that the exact salary amount can be determined for you. The welfare of your staff is paramount and at the same time, the survival of your business more important, you have to give to your staff what you can afford every month.

remember, there is a difference between a management accountant and a financial accountant (simply called accountant).
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Kennymola: 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
I guess u should pay them base on there ability nd capacity to work.......test run them for a week....bro am very gud @ promoting nd marketing bussiness......call me bro dis my number 08036249037 on fb fawole kenny korede
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by remikunle: 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
ยง1500
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Kennymola: 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
Bro i think u shuld pay them according to the service they are rendering nd also according to their ability and strength...you cn test run them 4 a week..bro i will love to work wit u has an online marketer nd promoter...call 08036249037 let talk better
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by Beacongate: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
That depends on so many factors viz a viz

1. Industry type
2. Your business structure
3. The job responsibilities of the concerned staff
4. Your cashflow projection.
5. Your welfare and benefit package.

Like someone said earlier, do you have a business plan? Thats the problem of so many SMEs in this clime, we hardly have a biz plan before starting.

For a start up business not earning any income right now and with no feasible biz plan, please try and reduce your staff strength and synchronise the operations. You know the kind of structure and biz type you want to run, who among them can handle a dual role? Can one of them complement a particular job role so can fill the gap for say 3 months till you start having clients?
Get corpers or interns to further reduce your staff cost for now. There are people willing to work and get experience.
See my write -up for Tips for starting A Business in City People Magazine of 19-24th Sept.

Wishing you the best.
For more of this at little or no cost, send email to beacongate@gmail.com.
Re: As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? by christhavemercy(f): 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hire a HR consultant to help you analyse the worth of people in relation to what they can contribute, he/she will also consider your budget in the process. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies At ICM, ALLEN, V.I AND OTHERS - Apply Now! / How To Apply For World Bank's Young Professional Program 2019 / Police Warn Over Placing Adverts For Drivers And Maids In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.