Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,517 members, 7,836,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38574 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by Afam4eva(m): 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2011
UmuIgbo, pls let's be objective in our arguements.

For one, I don't think much goes on in Umuahia like Awka. Apart from the fact that it's a state capital. Aba still remains the engine room of Abia state. This awka you're comparing Umuahia to is kinda on the same pedestal as Enugu and Owerri. Awka has really developed q lot and it's almost a complete city unlike Umuahia.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^^^ Biko gwaba fa
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^^^^^^
nna men! achoputa gom na ihe obuna gbasara anambra, iga ano na ya! odika peter obi ana etinye gi n'akpa! undecided
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
Because of the poor state of abia, i've been spending every bit of my holiday in my homestate anambra.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

Kasie, biko tell them. Anambra is = US and Abia= Ghana

Shut your mouth Anambra boy! angry

Sometimes I dislike Igbos from Anambra. Most crimes committed abroad are done by my Igbo brothers from Anambra. You all are the biggest drug traffickers.
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Sometimes I dislike Igbos from Anambra. Most crimes committed abroad are done by my Igbo brothers from Anambra. You all are the biggest drug traffickers.

can you stop being insutive

@chino and my other brother

the last time i visted nnewi north i saw some improvement although this was early last year

also onitsha is quite a big city not too sure of awka
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

nwannem,pls ignore what he said. but if you come that side of crime dont compare anambra to abia,who can beat the record of individual kidnapping in naija than abia!!!
what about the both states good things?  going to school? producing people in the society? most travelling people btwn them? most industrious people? role of each state to nigeria etc  you will see anambra is more advance than abia, so dont look from one perspertive,  bekoo gbahara ya n ihe okwuru maka ndi ofe mmanu no kwa ebea! lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2011
Toaskarity:

nwannem,pls ignore what he said. but if you come that side of crime dont compare anambra to abia,who can beat the record of individual kidnapping in naija than abia!!!
what about the both states good things?  going to school? producing people in the society? most travelling people btwn them? most industrious people? role of each state to nigeria etc  you will see anambra is more advance than abia, so dont look from one perspertive,  bekoo gbahara ya n ihe okwuru maka ndi ofe mmanu no kwa ebea! lipsrsealed
EzeUche:

chino and my other brother

why the argument, I MEAN WE ARE ALL IGBOS AND WE SHOULD TAKE PRIDE IN EACH OTHERS ACHIEVEMENTS

whether i am anambra, or u are abia or imo

we all are from 1 family which is we are all igbos and we need to start working together and see each other as one

1 Nigeria ([size=4pt]Abagworo my internet mentor)[/size]
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
alj_harem:

chino and my other brother

why the argument, I MEAN WE ARE ALL IGBOS AND WE SHOULD TAKE PRIDE IN EACH OTHERS ACHIEVEMENTS

whether i am anambra, or u are abia or imo

we all are from 1 family which is we are all igbos and we need to start working together and see each other as one

1 Nigeria ([size=4pt]Abagworo my internet mentor)[/size]
i would like to see the tiny words grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Shut your mouth Anambra boy!  angry

The greatest criminals comes from your state abia. They even kidnap for a mere 5k. Remember at a time banks has to close shops for months in aba. The greatest kidnap kingpins that brought bad name to the Igboland and Nigeria at large (osiskangwu and co). I think you should be more concerned with the disaster in aba and how to tackle it, it has really brought ugly image to the SE.
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

^^^^ See the 2006 census result before start frustrating yourself.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

Abia state is the least in population in the southeast.

Anambra is more populated than Abia state, but Umuahia is more populated than Awka. As at 2006 Awka had about 301000 people while Umuahia had about 362000. Verify this claim here:

http://www.population.gov.ng/images/stories/Vol%2003%20Table%20DSx%20LGAPop%20by%20SDistrict-PDF.pdf.

Awka has done well to get to where it is today but Umuahia is more commercial and industrial than Awka and has always been. In terms of planning, Umuahia is very organised and our roads are straight and broad with good drainage and our houses are in line. Our topography is nice as well if you like it nice, serene and hilly.

Although palmoil trade/export is no longer as vibrants as it used to be when the likes of John Holt, UAC and Leverbrothers walked the lands of Umuahia, we still have a market which caters for whole sale of oil in drums.

Among the industries you will find in Umuahia are Breweries, Ceramics, plastic, oil mill and refining.

Schools include University of Agric Umudike, Forestry Reseach Institute, school of nursing and midwifery. Ofcourse 1929 Government college Umuahia which produced the legendary Chinua Achebe, Saro Wiwa, JOJ Okezie etc.

There are various residential estates including world bank estate, Afara Layout, Aguiyi Ironsi Layout etc and they are all of good quality in terms of design and planning.

The legendary Ojukwu bunker and national war museum are also in Umuahia.

A ma m na ihe gbasara iko onu na isa akwa gi na ezi na masi gi, mana enweghi udiri efe ahu.

Now sell Awka to me if you can.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2011
kasiem:

Bia ezeagu, if this a joke better stop. How can u in your wildest dream compare any part of abia state to anambra? This like comparing ghana to usa.

You mean like the failure of Onicha to keep clean or the horrible Onicha-Enugu road?
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

Am wondering advancement and Umuahia  grin grin grin grin grin,  My brother lets look at this with elders view. I was in that town few months back so I know what am talking about. Do you want us to mention roads and post pictures. The estates in Awka with good infrastructure is un-countable. From Abuja estate (where you have Orient Petroleum HQtrs) to Udoka estate to Liberation estate to Amansea estates to Iyi-agu estates (where you have Silverbird TV & Radio communications).

Sorry, but you haven't said anything that is happening in Oka that isn't happening in Umuahia.
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2011
Toaskarity:

i would like to see the tiny words grin

ok grin grin brother

Abagworo my internet mentor
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

The greatest criminals comes from your state abia. They even kidnap for a mere 5k. Remember at a time banks has to close shops for months in aba. The greatest kidnap kingpins that brought bad name to the Igboland and Nigeria at large (osiskangwu and co). I think you should be more concerned with the disaster in aba and how to tackle it, it has really brought ugly image to the SE.

You can talk about Aba when Onicha is there rotting in your face.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
FACE:

Anambra is more populated than Abia state, but Umuahia is more populated than Awka. As at 2006 Awka had about 301000 people while Umuahia had about 362000. Verify this claim here:

http://www.population.gov.ng/images/stories/Vol%2003%20Table%20DSx%20LGAPop%20by%20SDistrict-PDF.pdf.

Awka has done well to get to where it is today but Umuahia is more commercial and industrial than Awka and has always been. In terms of planning, Umuahia is very organised and our roads are straight and broad with good drainage and our houses are in line. Our topography is nice as well if you like it nice, serene and hilly.

Although palmoil trade/export is no longer as vibrants as it used to be when the likes of John Holt, UAC and Leverbrothers walked the lands of Umuahia, we still have a market which caters for whole sale of oil in drums.

Among the industries you will find in Umuahia are Breweries, Ceramics, plastic, oil mill and refining.

Schools include University of Agric Umudike, Forestry Reseach Institute, school of nursing and midwifery. Ofcourse 1929 Government college Umuahia which produced the legendary Chinua Achebe, Saro Wiwa, JOJ Okezie etc.

There are various residential estates including world bank estate, Afara Layout, Aguiyi Ironsi Layout etc and they are all of good quality in terms of design and planning.

The legendary Ojukwu bunker and national war museum are also in Umuahia.

A ma m na ihe gbasara iko onu na isa akwa gi na ezi na masi gi, mana enweghi udiri efe ahu.

Now sell Awka to me if you can.

My brother I don't want to waste my time comparing rural umuahia to a city of Awka. Umuahia could best be described as a council headqtrs, do you know that a first-timer approaching umuahia will not know that its a state capital, a small town that is not up to one estate in Awka. I don't need to mention establishments in Awka because they innumerable. Umuhia could be compare to towns like Ekwuluobia not even Nnewi.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
ezeagu:

You mean like the failure of Onicha to keep clean or the horrible Onicha-Enugu road?
thank god aba is the cleanest city in the wide world. Thanks to lack of roads that made my parents to rent their house to other people aba.
@ezeuche, afulum n'isi adigho gi mma. O bugho maka iwe nwanne adigho eru n'okpukpo akam abu gi onu.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
ezeagu:

You can talk about Aba when Onicha is there rotting in your face.

Onitsha is like New York compare to aba-ngwa. If you have visited Onitsha recently you will see the wave of transformation sweeping thru the commercial hub of Nigeria. Onitsha is cleaner, more organized, planned 100x than aba. Aba has no roads, no government, no infrastructure, everywhere flooded like hell, name it.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2011
kasiem:

thank god aba is the cleanest city in the wide world. Thanks to lack of roads that made my parents to rent their house to other people aba.

So the sarcasm suggests that you agree that Onicha is equally bad?

chino11:

Onitsha is like New York compare to aba-ngwa. If you have visited Onitsha recently you will see the wave of transformation sweeping thru the commercial hub of Nigeria. Onitsha is cleaner, more organized, planned 100x than aba. Aba has no roads, no government, no infrastructure, everywhere flooded like hell, name it.

No roads or government, oh really? So if we release some pictures of Onicha flooded, what will we then say about the New York of Nigeria?
Re: Welcome To Aba by Afam4eva(m): 10:33pm On Jul 03, 2011
You guys should stop this madness.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2011
Ezeagu, hapu ya ka o na akwa onwe ya emu. Kama ma I choro ka gi na ya na agba gburu gburu n'ala. A hula m ka o na esi ekwu okwu ebea ka onye na enweghi echiche. Mu na ndi echiche aturu enweghi mmeko.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2011
Ezeagu, i understand that u Yoruba in disguise, that's u buttressing mediocrity to thrive in igboland. How can u be mentioning when the situation in abia has gone to the level, where only boats can be used for mass transit cos of floods? U must kidding. Dont let me start posting pictures t.a orji gigantic achievements in abia state. No wonder t.a orji's office has been flooded with awards for his performance. Companies are relocating from aba, cos they withstand orji's developmental policies. He(orji) has done well in creating high rate of employment through his kidnapping industry.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2011
I will not ignore these foolish Anambra Igbos belittling my home state of Abia.

Anambra Igbo with their drug traficking and juju capital of Igboland. And the arrogance that comes from Anambra Igbo, shows why Igbos from Imo, Enugu and Abia sometimes dislike our brothers in that state.
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2011
kasiem:

Ezeagu, i understand that u Yoruba in disguise, that's u buttressing mediocrity to thrive in igboland. How can u be mentioning when the situation in abia has gone to the level, where only boats can be used for mass transit cos of floods? U must kidding. Dont let me start posting pictures t.a orji gigantic achievements in abia state. No wonder t.a orji's office has been flooded with awards for his performance. Companies are relocating from aba, cos they withstand orji's developmental policies. He(orji) has done well in creating high rate of employment through his kidnapping industry.

lol, u can't be serious
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2011
FACE:

Ezeagu, hapu ya ka o na akwa onwe ya emu. Kama ma I choro ka gi na ya na agba gburu gburu n'ala. A hula m ka o na esi ekwu okwu ebea ka onye na enweghi echiche. Mu na ndi echiche aturu enweghi mmeko.
i mana ibụ ọtụ agwọ? Nya ina akwado orji na ife niile a o na eme?
Re: Welcome To Aba by Muslcar: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Anambra Igbo with their drug traficking and juju capital of Igboland. And the arrogance that comes from Anambra Igbo, shows why Igbos from Imo, Enugu and Abia sometimes dislike our brothers in that state.

Not very wise statement. Somebody criticize a state gov for failing and outline problems. U go on an envy trip. The fact Anambra is the head of Igboland in everything and dat naturally brings envy. First President and even Ojukwu hails from Anambra. Enugu u talk of was the former capital of Anambra. Don't let envy get the better of you.  angry
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
ezeuche, kasiem and co

I don't understand u people sometimes

do  u not see that if u all fight among urselves then who will fight for u

to me i think abia igbos should take pride in anambra igbos achievements and work hard to achieve something better or better still , support the anambra igbos even more  so they can compete with other cities in nigeria

all this anambra igbo abia igbo that will not take us anywhere

lets be reasonable
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
Muslcar:

Not very wise statement. Somebody criticize a state gov for failing and outline problems. U go on an envy trip. The fact Anambra is the head of Igboland in everything and dat naturally brings envy. First President and even Ojukwu hails from Anambra. Enugu u talk of was the former capital of Anambra. Don't let envy get the better of you.  angry

Has the first president of Nigeria and Ojukwu being from Nnewi cleaned up Onicha?
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 11:26pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

what can u say of the way ngwa people uses charms? We see elephantitis in ur, always selling their lands to make up money for bicycle and sapele water, standing on all the major streets looking for who to dupe, lazying about in search of where building are being erected to forcefully collect money from them, moving from one pool office to another, their kings using okadas to attend official duties, doing one menial job or the other such as bakassi boys or tax collectors. Infact, the let pour out the venom that i have for some abians here on nairaland
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2011
kasiem:

what can u say of the way ngwa people uses charms? We see elephantitis in your, always selling their lands to make up money for bicycle and sapele water, standing on all the major streets looking for who to dupe, lazying about in search of where building are being erected to forcefully collect money from them, moving from one pool office to another, their kings using okadas to attend official duties, doing one menial job or the other such as bakassi boys or tax collectors. Infact, the let pour out the venom that i have for some abians here on nairaland

The fact is all that is present in Anambra.
Re: Welcome To Aba by Muslcar: 11:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
ezeagu:

Has the first president of Nigeria and Ojukwu being from Nnewi cleaned up Onicha?

Tittle of this thread is welcome to Aba. Do one about Anambra and u will not hear ignorant comments like above. Wat is good is good and all can see. If it is bad den it will be condemned. Other Igbo members reading this hatred will be too scared to even comment and i am sure people have lost regard becos of careless talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"Xenophobia Is Happening In India. Nigerians Being Beaten" - Nigerian Lady Says / Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / 13 Places With Funny Names In Nigeria. Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.