Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves (29889 Views)

Saraki’s N298m Bulletproof Car Rots Away At Customs Yard / Recession: Govs Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves & Wives / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2016
Hmm
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by brainpower(m): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2016
I don dey expect una to write wike's name but it didn't come, he escaped this one. But I know he has too. Actually, every governor has and it isn't wrong at all. This isn't supposed to be news sef. Even if they don't buy these armoured vehicles, they will still loot the money. Nigerians are just taking advantage of recession to cause more problems. I'm even surprised that Borno state isn't mentioned and that the ones mentioned don't even have more. Abeg we need reasonable news.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by nitt: 11:28am On Sep 24, 2016
no b the same poor people vote them
nonsense!
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Izonpikin: 11:30am On Sep 24, 2016
repogirl:
Word!

Funny enough, it's the poorest states that offer not much revenue to our economy and depend on FG bail outs that splurge like this.
exactly..

I laugh when people expect Change but cling to the same system that has achieved nothing..

We will keep waiting forever..

2 Likes

Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Uchexxy(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2016
you can't blame them really.....the current structure of d country allows it and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by ifewise(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2016
we will all behave and Do the same way,There is need for them to protect there Life but Nigeria people are self centered only 0.1 think about others.Ask Buhari if am lieing?
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by jahsson(m): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerians... U vote them in n expect them not to live d life... cool
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by kobis27(f): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2016
ride on, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by peace100(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2016
No matter the economic situation they must be protected, am not against it.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by akaahs(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2016
No course for alarm. Isorite
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by foxgiovani(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2016
Op, did you not do summary in English? You would have just summarised it for us to be able to read it all. Meanwhile, I think its high time our leaders stop fooling us with this RECESSION bullshit because obviously they are just hiding under that umbrella so as not to meet their responsibilities!
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by KiziitoKennel(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2016
If you can't beat them you join them.. It's an Occult thing embarassed
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by CoolFreeday(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2016
Benue, 12 armoured cars, for what na? when they are not paying salary. How I wish Federal Govt can control and call states govt to order. And some people will be saying we should give more powers to the states and when they are abusing the little they have already
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by goldedprince: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2016
mars123:
All these expensive moto wey dey shark these F governors na wetin small pikin dey play with abroad.

To that mod wey dey ban me feeling like first lady with small power when im get take am easy make thunder no go strike you grin
Lol
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by goldedprince: 11:49am On Sep 24, 2016
If normal guys buy bullet proof car whu gov no go buy?
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Onegai(f): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2016
peace100:
No matter the economic situation they must be protected, am not against it.

Are you protected? Is your family protected? Is your school as protected? Is your business as protected as these politicians? Do you feel safe walking around in your area at 8pm? Do you have padlocks on your gate and burglary-proof on your Windows? If you go to your nearest Govt Hospital, do you believe you have adequate Healthcare provided, are you afraid of dying due to negligence? Is the road to your house tarred? Are your kids learning in a good environment paid for by the govt?

Which is more important, protection for the Governor and his family or general protection for the entire state, so that crime rates drop, people can live their lives peacefully at a profitable rate? Protection for the entire state so that Businesses can grow and people get employment or 4 bulletproof cars for the Governor's use?

The people who need protection the most are those who will defend this the most. People who have options to a better life in Nigeria are the ones fighting for true equality for every Nigerian. Pathetic, but that is what Nigerians want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by OlujobaSamuel: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2016
i think they deserve it, but not when my semi-useless governor is having about 6 abi na 8? who wan kill my gov? i also saw same with Benue, are dey madding, wetin dem dey use 12 for? see the werey for cross river too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Ndolarr: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
I laugh whenever I see Ministers, Governors, Legislators and other top politicians lament the current economic recession and the need to tackle it by improved productivity and cost cutting measures. They are all hypocrites! All the retreats, fora, high level meetings and conferences they have been organizing are mere talk shops without intended actions. They still use armoured vehicles, holiday abroad, use long convoys of SUV Jeeps, send their children to schools abroad and consume foreign goods!! I don't blame them, but the docile, timid and easily compromised Nigerian masses who cannot resist them decisively!!!
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by nkemdi89(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Onegai:

Are you protected? Is your family protected? Is your school as protected? Is your business as protected as these politicians? Do you feel safe walking around in your area at 8pm? Do you have padlocks on your gate and burglary-proof on your Windows? If you go to your nearest Govt Hospital, do you believe you have adequate Healthcare provided, are you afraid of dying due to negligence? Is the road to your house tarred? Are your kids learning in a good environment paid for by the govt?

Which is more important, protection for the Governor and his family or general protection for the entire state, so that crime rates drop, people can live their lives peacefully at a profitable rate? Protection for the entire state so that Businesses can grow and people get employment or 4 bulletproof cars for the Governor's use?

The people who need protection the most are those who will defend this the most. People who have options to a better life in Nigeria are the ones fighting for true equality for every Nigerian. Pathetic, but that is what Nigerians want.
What are you trying to say? Because I seem not to get your point. The vehicles are not for them but for the position they occupied, they are VIPS and also they are also entitled to high level of protection, not for their personal use but in official capacity, so remove sentiments as we can only have one governor and "others" in a state. For now you should remain law abiding and tax paying citizen, in the next poll you can also indicate interest in your state to vying for same position.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Maxvasia(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by mkoabiola: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
They don't care because we voted dem
They font care because we are democratically blind
They don't care cos we refused to stone them shocked cry
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Ekpa1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
God is not sleeping
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by kennycalls(m): 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
still boils down to institutional decay.. this should be checked asap.. if we can get the institution right.. we can get everything right
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by agrovick(m): 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
We shall all meet at the feet of the Lord.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by ABEngine(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2016
Gentlemen and ladies, the deputy mayor of Torino in Italy is a professor of petroleum geology, my professor for facts and he actively does his classes as well as assist run a city. (Torino GDP: $58billion, 78th World richest city )

What is so adorable about this man:

1. Rides a bicycle to school or on some other occasions walks like a teen with his eyes fixated to his phone. Mind you he does state business while on the go.

2. Very compassionate and quite lenient, a great listener with no signs of arrogance whatsoever.

3. No body guards and one can easily access him as much as you can both agree to an appointment.

What may have gone wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians?

A country where it's citizens pay (or even get burdened with state debts) with their sweats to provide protection for some beggars (during campaigns) turned Lords (right after results are announced) while the same citizens are the most vulnerable to insecurity.

No body robs government houses, government cars are not robbed or stolen, politicians relocate their families abroad and we are left with the buck of paying their bills.

They don't deserve it, the cost of one of such cars can put CCTV in one town to say the least.

The truth is that RECESSION IS THE BURDEN OF THE COMMON MAN.

Inflation rates and increase in taxation mechanisms like stamp duty, hiking electricity tariffs, increased transportation cost and it's consequences are never experienced by these thieving colleagues.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nigerians no go ever revolt and politicians know this. Thats why this broad daylight thievery continues.

Instead of fighting politicians and stonbing them with pure water satchets they go to church and pray endlessly for God to come down and fight for them.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by buchilino(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
slimfit1:
What do we have Nass members for !! When Nigerians see real suffer they will call all the nass members back home.

BROS THOSE NASS PPLE R WORST THAN D GOVERNORS. MY ARGUMENT EVERY TIME IS DAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BW PDP N APC.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by dstreet: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2016
Bullet proof car no dey get accident?
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Pylony(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
Pen using criminals hidding in Bulletproof cars, away from their Gun using criminal brothers. grin As long as they steal our common wealth and refuse to create a better atmosphere for Jobs to strive they should forget about driving their tin can cars in peace..
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by Larryfest(m): 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
And they said "change begins with me" like i own a bulletproof car..... With all this people in govt Nigeria can never be great.
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by rafabenitez: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
If only they bought those cars from innoson,atleast to promote our own products i wont mind,but what do we have nigerian leaders and its citizens are the most lazy,indolent and worse human race on earth..NIGERIA IS THE DEVILS TEST LAB ON EARTH,QUOTE ME AND lipsrsealed
Re: Governors Lavish Billions Of Naira On Bulletproof Cars For Selves by rafabenitez: 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
If only they bought those cars from innoson,atleast to promote our own products i wont mind,but what do we have nigerian leaders and its citizens are the most lazy,indolent and worse human race on earth..NIGERIA IS THE DEVILS TEST LAB ON EARTH,QUOTE ME AND lipsrsealed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures As Sango Market Women Protest Scarcity Of New Naira Notes / Wanted Stanley Mgbere Is Not Our Member - IPOB Tells Governor Wike / James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.