Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby (2053 Views)

Eden Hazard And Mesuit Ozil Claim Best Player As London Derby Nears / Barcelona Willing To Offer Three Players To Chelsea In Exchange For Willian / Why Arsenal Will Not Sack Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Debaddest(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2016
The Arsenal/Chelsea match have always been a derby football fans around world love to watch because of the pedigree of both teams. Arsene Wenger who has been manager of the Gunners for 20 years has not been having fair results against the Blues in recent years. It has been Wenger against Mourinho in the past two years but this week’s episode will be against Premier League debutant Antonio Conte. Here are the four reasons Arsenal will defeat Chelsea at the Emirates

1. The Gunners are on the ascendancy Since their opening day loss to Liverpool, Arsenal have won three matches out of four in the Premier League against Watford, Southampton, and Hull City respectively. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Arsenal has been in fine form recently and scoring many goals Even in cup games such as the Champions League and the EFL Cup, the Arsene Wenger tutored side have improved as each game comes with a draw against PSG in Paris and a win away to Nottingham Forest.

2. Terry’s absence Chelsea’s inspirational captain has been confirmed unavailable by Antonio Conte and the Italian is unhappy with the defender’s absence in the crucial fixture at the Emirates. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Terry will miss the Arsenal match at the Emirates The Blues defence have not been too convincing this season as they have conceded 10 goals in seven matches in all competitions which could be to Arsenal’s psychological advantage.

3. Arsenal plays more as a unit In the matches played so far, the Gunners have played more as a team in all of their matches with the influence of Granit Xhaka, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, the trio have inspired other players performances. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Granit Xhaka celebrates his strike in the League Cup with teammates The collectiveness of the team have been so far laudable and will be important when they go into the match against the unsettled Chelsea side who usually wrestle from behind to win games.

4. Play on Costa’s frustration Costa will be one man to watch in the South London derby with his bullish character and has the ability to frustrate a cool headed player into committing an offence worthy of a red card. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Arsenal’s Gabriel in war of words with Chelsea’s Diego Costa Arsenal have always displayed their huge appetite for goals and if they can go one or two goals up, attentions surrounding the Spanish striker will be of minimal effect in the match.

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by frankdGreat125: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2016
CHELSEA WILL MARRY ARSENAL AS USUAL OK, I PREDICT 3-2 IN FAVOUR OF CHELSEA FC.

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Ayatul(m): 8:09am On Sep 24, 2016
I see Mustafi n Koscielny containing Diego Costa. Alex Iwobi to score. Arsenal to win.

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 24, 2016
Dey dia dey deceive urself.

I go with Chelsea.

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Ifeanyi4491(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2016
I smell draw
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2016
2 useless team want to play useless football at useless Stadium in useless country to be watched by useful people

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by MrOra(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2016
reallest:
2 useless team want to play useless football at useless Stadium in useless country to be watched by useful people
I love you grin
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2016
MrOra:

I love you grin

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by MrOra(m): 10:33am On Sep 24, 2016
reallest:

Your comment is exactly what I wanted to comment.
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2016
MrOra:

Your comment is exactly what I wanted to comment.

Which club do you fan
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Rockyrascal(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
Costa will play on arsenal's defence. OP your 4th point is a total hog wash.
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Blaze999: 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
And now Chelsea. Usually Conte's 4-1-4-1 has Oscar in the middle next to Matic, and his job is to link the midfield with the striker during attacks. This formation looks more like Chelsea are going to sit deep and try to hit Arsenal on the counter-attack - Fabregas' start in midfield certainly makes this seem far more likely, as his long balls over the top for Costa are a straight forward solution to the pressure Arsenal will look to put on them in the defensive third.

Willian and Hazard will probably play quite high up the pitch, making this formation look like a 4-3-3 in attack and a 4-1-4-1 in defence. The attacking version of this system looks like a 4-1-2-3 in attack.

4:40pm
The Arsenal team

Either Wenger doesn't think Perez is good enough to lead the line, reckons Giroud simply isn't fit enough to start, or he thinks his team needs some fluid rotation upfront to open up the Chelsea defence. Sanchez isn't great as a striker, though he has performed well in that position for his country. Most of the noise from Arsenal fans on Twitter is of disbelief that Wenger hasn't started Xhaka.

That's just Twitter though, I really wouldn't give it too much thought. It's mostly teenagers and the kinds of people you'd ignore in a pub.

4:33pm
Team news
Arsenal start without a striker... while Chelsea have Fabregas in the team, just like we (me) predicted!

Arsenal

Cech; Monreal, Mustafi, Koscielny, Bellerin; Cazorla, Coquelin, Walcott, Ozil, Iwobi; Sanchez

Subs: Ospina, Holding, Gibbs, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lucas, Giroud

Chelsea

Courtois; Ivanovic (c), Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta; Kante; Willian, Fabregas, Matic, Hazard; Diego Costa

Subs: Begovic, Marcos Alonso, Chalobah, Oscar, Moses, Pedro, Batshuayi.

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Bird99(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
Arsenal already beating them
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by MrOra(m): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Which club do you fan
Manchester United
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
MrOra:

Manchester United
Chei another useless club from useless country tonguetongue
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by MrOra(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
reallest:

Chei another useless club from useless country tonguetongue
Lol you this girl. Which club do you support, must be those Spanish boys.
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
MrOra:

Lol you this girl. Which club do you support, must be those Spanish boys.
I don't support any club but Barcelona at time because of my boyfriend
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by daviddagreat: 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
useless indeed
I wonder if the word useless nw has a different meaning
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by MrOra(m): 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
reallest:

No wonder you're talking
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by Odoogu(m): 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
reallest:
sad
reallest:
haha, kilode?
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by ba7man(m): 7:15am On Sep 27, 2016
reallest:

That useless club with useless players in that useless country supported by useless people, abi?

Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2016
ba7man:
That useless club with useless players in that useless country supported by useless people, abi?
U goofed
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2016
Odoogu:
sad haha, kilode?
Nothing jare
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2016
MrOra:

No wonder you're talking
Abi nah
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by ba7man(m): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
reallest:
U goofed
Which means you've been goofing since.
Re: 4 Reasons Arsenal Will Defeat Chelsea In The London Derby by reallest(f): 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
ba7man:
Which means you've been goofing since.
Not even once

Samir Nasri Says He Cheated On His Girlfriend With A Nurse, People React- PICS / Wolanski, Lady Who Obstructed UCL Final Match In Madrid Confesses / See Messi's Wax Work