Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

My First Week As Teacher - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My First Week As Teacher (18847 Views)

Earn Up To N50,000 A Week As A Driver Ambassador With Taxify Abuja / Earn Up To N150K A Week As An Uber Partner In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Week As Teacher by madueke6363(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=sammysunny88 post=49627853] "It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

WHAT IF U THINK IT WILL NOT WORK AND WHAT IF IT WORK;
The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
As we were walking away like
a magician, others who saw some cash I had withdrawn
broke away from the initial queue and rushed to that machine.
Why did I tell you this experience?
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
2. People refused to try because 'somebody' somewhere said it won't work.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
5. People ask this question because they don't want to take risks.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.
Therefore, stop believing 'the somebody' that asks 'what if it doesn't work?'
Ask another question: 'What if it works?'
Never allow anybody to discourage you

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work. forget all this write up pray for your not too pass you by
Re: My First Week As Teacher by godson4u79(m): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

Some people prefer to search for job for 2, 3, 4 to 5 years and they think nothing wrong with that. And they see starting up a business as difficult task. People work for 25 to 35 years and retire broke and wretched, which is not normal.

Economy is on a recession, workers haven't receive their salaries for months and people still keep searching for government work. The population of unemployed Youths is on the rise with every batch that passes out of the NYSC scheme and there is no white collar jobs.

And someone comes to me and say,Sam! invest N3,200 in this network business and start earning money every month and I said, "bros move, all na scam" that I cannot talk, I cannot see people and I cannot hawk. Then I see people making real money from it, getting alerts. But I keep saying na fake, na lie and I keep bribing someone to get a government job that the salary is #25,000 which is not constant and the person keep making money from me all in the name of helping me get a job but at the end of the day I did not get the job. And I now sat down to calculate how much I have spend searching for a job of #25,000 as a salary because I want my name to be in government pay roll and put on suit every morning then and I realized that I have spend #180,000. Then I now asked myself a question why didn't I give that business a try?

Leveraging is the different between WORK HARD and WORK SMART. Work hard 2 earn salary & create income. Wen u work & earn salary, ur income grow linearly but wen u ar creating wealth by leveraging, ur income grows exponentially. Also when u work 4 som1, u hav no tim freedom, bt wen u leverages, u hav total tim freedom. Wen u work as salary earner, money stops wen wrk stops bt wen u leverage,income keeps coming. There4 it is left 4 u 2 think deep & choose btwn earning salary and leveraging. Leverage is the profit you make on the efforts of others. The richest men in this world make their money through the POWER OF LEVERAGING.(Network business).

To be rich is HARD, to be poor is very simple and free of charge You are the one to make your choice.

Behind Every GREAT idea, there are people saying it won't work, and these are people depend on the government for job but fail to think "what if it works?"

The queue to the ATM machine was something else because we all wanted to withdraw money. Although there was another machine beside it, nobody moved towards the second machine. We had about 25 people on one single queue.
When my sis & I got there, I also went to queue but she asked one of the customers what was wrong with the other machine. "I don't know", he said, '... but somebody said there is no money in it'.
After listening to that 'somebody' tale, my sis told me to move straight to the machine everyone neglected and inserted my card. Lo and behold, the same machine 'somebody' said would not work, dispensed the sum of N25,000.
1. People don't get something they need from somewhere because they refused to try.
3 The somebody somewhere may be an old authority who doesn't believe in evolution.
4. People won't take steps to do what others don't do because of the 'what if it doesn't work?' question.
6. Those who don't take the risk of checking if the other machine is working will remain on the long queue and may not even get what they need eventually. Meaning achieving in 2hrs what they could have achieved in 2min.
7. When a pacesetter comes and succeeds after 'chesting' the criticisms, others break ranks and follow him.

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by sammysunny88: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2016
Seun4FastLoans:
I'd rather stick to my marketing job than do teaching job with 20k salary. I work hard and earn great commission plus salary. God is with you. Start extra lesson for your students
I can introduce to networke marketing business that pays very well without buying and selling. No target to meet, no time limit, no monthly purchase of product, no stress, no rush and is very real. The company gives out awards to over 600 distributors twice a year ( may and November) and they monetize their awards. First award~ 700k second award~N2.8m third award~N5m fourth award~N6m fifth award~N9m sixth award~N20m. And all this can be achieve if u bcome the member of the company with just #3,200 as ur registration. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication and I will get back to you with full details of this company.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2016
Cybertext:

I understand your feeling because I've been in your shoes... But trust me there are some high profile schools that pay in 6digits but they won't employ you without experience and maybe PGD in edu... Build your CV and drop it around these schools... You'll be surprise when you get a call....
Gbam!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Tobyshegz(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
"It's an ERROR to be so intelligent, knowledgeable, talented, charismatic and educated with 1st class & 2nd class degrees, yet your BANK ACCOUNT is EMPTY" Lols

If you have not learn how to make money even while sleeping, you will work until you die. Networking business, the only option that will tell you how possible it is to be sleeping and making money. That is, if you are with the right company. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication let's talk about business that works that you will start with just #3,200 and within a year or two, you will start counting millions and doesn't disturb your other work.
hehehegrin Oga even with this epistle just 5 likes??.
Nlders though. dem no like long story especially when it is not snake/kenya -esque ..
Oga oo.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by selfmadeOLX(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2016
Maxcollins042:

He doesn't have an idea

He has no understanding at all in this regard..!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by daisyella: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2016
funnynation:
The work load is very heavy compare to the amount. In Abuja here, most schools pay very well and your work load will be less.. Divine Mercy in Asokoro.. Graduate 60k and above and you will take only one class..
Someone recommended that I apply there. I was actually planning to do that nxt week,?please do you know if there is still vacancy?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by evagreenbabe(f): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:
I can introduce to networke marketing business that pays very well without buying and selling. No target to meet, no time limit, no monthly purchase of product, no stress, no rush and is very real. The company gives out awards to over 600 distributors twice a year ( may and November) and they monetize their awards. First award~ 700k second award~N2.8m third award~N5m fourth award~N6m fifth award~N9m sixth award~N20m. And all this can be achieve if u bcome the member of the company with just #3,200 as ur registration. Quote me and drop your whatsapp contact for easy communication and I will get back to you with full details of this company.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nossa(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Jesus!!! Just imagine!
I'm sure I'm not gonna stay long here.... If it doesn't improve soon, I'm moving on.

Chukwu Anozie is that you?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by samsard(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..
You are a serious joke. I thought you were one of the enlightened ones but you are not. SMH.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by AngelAhnie(f): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

You call impacting KNOWLEDGE mere..? SMH
Don't mind him. As a teacher, its as if your brain want to explode after a long day in some schools. 6 periods a day is way too much.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by eojepa: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]teaching is a thing of the mind. its really not easy trying to make a student understand a particular theory. The take home is quite poor but with time, you will be upgraded. I started from 20k to be at 40k after 2 years. no b beans! Even with the 40k sef, can't get married, no good accommodation, nor even a higher certificate. When it eats deep into you, you wont be able to leave for greener pasture because of fear of losing the one at hand. Dear! run if u can or end up like me. Even with my 2.1 for physics, i still d suffer. The Nigerian factor, dont want to talk about it.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by DonMekino(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2016
am a teacher....I live large maybe ur sch is a mushroom sec sch...no offense pls
Re: My First Week As Teacher by Jacks14: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2016
funnynation:
The work load is very heavy compare to the amount. In Abuja here, most schools pay very well and your work load will be less.. Divine Mercy in Asokoro.. Graduate 60k and above and you will take only one class..
hmmm oga n u think is enough n the teachers are not complainin...hw much u go pay 4 rent,transport n feeding...life in abuja is different frm d rest of d cities here ooo in 9ja
Re: My First Week As Teacher by cjeriia: 12:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

All dis sermon just to promote networking....? Na wah oooo

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Emu4life(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Perfect peice...Thumbs up, but its beta u create a thread and enlighten willing GUYS.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by omoikea(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

The work load is just damn too much. Unfortunately, you dare not complain. Haha! Did I mention lesson notes! O gosh!

you have not answered my question ooo, i asked how u intend to start life with 20k

lets assume you are still living with ur parent, that money will still not be enough not to talk of living alone....
Re: My First Week As Teacher by psalmsonovic(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by omoikea(m): 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

hmmmmmmmmmm... see format grin

am not saying starting ur own business is bad ooo, Infact its what am venturing into but you make it sound so easy like its not hard which is not true.... many people don't want to create jobs for themselves because of the effort and time it consumes including more....

the part where u said u will be a millionaire within one year or two is the only thing wrong about ur write up grin grin grin

the simple truth is that no matter how u try to convince someone that been self employed is good they will never agree if they are mind are set on been employed and paid 12 times in 365 days

meanwhile i choose FINANCIAL FREEDOM OVER FINANCIAL SECURITY

what others will choose is based on their PERSPECTIVE...
Re: My First Week As Teacher by ahmg001(m): 12:46pm On Sep 24, 2016
omoikea:

you have not answered my question ooo, i asked how u intend to start life with 20k

lets assume you are still living with ur parent, that money will still not be enough not to talk of living alone....
you av a better payin job for him?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by geogift(f): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:
People are doin serious manual labor and are earning peanuts, you are just imparting knowledge with voice and are complaining..
You get it wrong sir! You don't know the efforts an ideal teacher puts into each day. let me tell you some.

He develops a scheme of work for the term. Each class, each subject has different plans o
He develops lesson not for each week. that is one lesson note per class per subject.
He marks assignments. Let's assume he uses the questions from the textbook
He sets exam questions. Even if he's picking the questions from a text, he needs to recompose and mix them.
He marks exam scripts. Reviews the scores to know if he should add some scores across board for example.
Sometimes, he does most of the prep works on his own time because he has to teach for so long during the day

The time spent in the class "imparting knowledge" is just a fraction of the efforts that go into teaching. We are not even talking about teaching a hostile class o.

I have learnt not to denigrate anyone's profession but sometimes I envy those doing manual labour because they don't have to think about their job once they leave the "office".

I am a proud son of a faithful, diligent, dutiful teacher mummy. I still aspire and hope to be a teacher when I retire.

Shout out to the teachers in the house!!!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by akins56(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
mabebe1:
Its not easy, big schools in Kaduna pay their teachers very well....from 50k upwards
do you reside in kaduna ni ?
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
omoikea:

Lol...I didn't ans coz I really dont know yet. And still I have a very long way to go. I'm still with my parents, so there's surely room for savings. The only thing I'm thinking as of now is to have some savings, get a skill/handwork....then justle both together.
I believe I could start gathering enough to settle down by then.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nossa:

Chukwu Anozie is that you?
Lol...naaaaa. Its not him.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
sisisioge:
Wow!

I almost took a job like this six years ago but the hungry look of the teachers and the attitude of the students dissuaded me. They were going to kill me with work plus I would type all the questions for all exams and all required correspondence... They wanted me to add Secretary to the job. Like that wasn't enough, I looked like most of the senior-class girls and so they were already giving me attitude. I just opt out...though na because I get choice.

If u could add extra classes(lesson) maybe you could get some more cash.
That's only when the school owner gives the go-ahead.
Re: My First Week As Teacher by anochuko01(m): 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2016
Franklerry:
Na true o. Teachers are paid peanuts after staying 8.00am to 4pm. That is why u always see teachers vacancy every where. For me i teach per time french amd their is shortage of french teacher in nigeria accordin to my researche. D least i charge is #1500 for like 2hrs. Some 15k two times a week. Even my frien said is cheap. Am still hurstln to get higher pay. I hav 2 school calln me now. I graduate in unilag finance. They alway ask me can i teach other subject i will tell them NO. Na me una won use die.....though i spent thress year in Gabon
God bless you...
With what I've been through and seen, I've advised my younger sis who wants to study mass com to prepare herself for one foreign language....Spanish/German/French. That's one of the surest ways to stay afloat in this overcrowded labour market.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
Cutehector:

Manual labour pays more , it's only more stressful. A labourer at a construction site earns about 2k a day
Re: My First Week As Teacher by funnynation(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
anochuko01:

Jesus!!! Just imagine!
I'm sure I'm not gonna stay long here.... If it doesn't improve soon, I'm moving on.

manage there and get small working exprience... Then you can move on!
Re: My First Week As Teacher by funnynation(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
MistaBabz:

Please is there vacancy in the school? I stay in Asokoro. I have B. Sc. Computer Science
are u good in practical aspect? Core x6, excel and word
Re: My First Week As Teacher by funnynation(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2016
Jacks14:
hmmm oga n u think is enough n the teachers are not complainin...hw much u go pay 4 rent,transport n feeding...life in abuja is different frm d rest of d cities here ooo in 9ja
if u wan do big boy life style for abuja u go suffer, you go fit see a room for abuja 50k or 60k even 40k depending the area.. Like nynanya, maraba, apo village, dutse, bwarin and so on. If u sabii ur way abuja sweet.

1 Like

Re: My First Week As Teacher by streetzdreamz(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
sammysunny88:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It Certification From The British Computer Society Equivalent To Bsc From Uk / 15 Signs You Have A Bad Boss / Please Help: I Have Issues With My New Employer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.