Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State (3256 Views)

Has Gov Fayose Been Impeached By APC? / Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Why Has Gov Akpabio Abandoned The Ibaka Deep Seaport Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by youngalex(m): 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2009
I wish to put this question across to all Anambrarians;what has my able Governor Peter Obi done since the inception of his administration to reduce the rising wave of unemployed youths in the state.
I was made to understand that the State House of Assembly lifted the embargo placed on recruitment but for the past 4 months nothing has been done to reduce the number of Anambra youths parading the streets of Lagos and Abuja in search of jobs.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
Q:What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State

A: nothing
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Chiddysville(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2009
http://pointblanknews.com/artopn1840.html.
You can check this out. It was written by an AC stalwart.
@ mr prsident, atimes it is better to keep your ignorance and stupidity to your closet rather than exposing it for the whole world to see.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2009
Chiddysville:

http://pointblanknews.com/artopn1840.html.
You can check this out. It was written by an AC stalwart.
@ mr prsident, atimes it is better to keep your ignorance and stupidity to your closet rather than exposing it for the whole world to see.

i wont insult a slowpoke like U back.

U are obviously a beneficiary of the loot going on at Govt House
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
and you dont need to post the same thing 4 times,
the instruction says:

Reply(Click Once,Then Wait),

Or is that so difficult for you to fathom?

I tire oo
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
1. He built 2 stadiums and the admin has employed some youths to work in the stadiums.
2. Go check the Anaku farms, many youths work there.
3. Giving out thousands of Taxi's
And besides, he is trying to create an enabling enviroment for enterprenuers.

What else do you idiots want from this man? All you sycophants should leave him alone because the man is doing incredibly well.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Mr President.

You must be the biggest fool on planet earth right now.
What loot? because the man is not throwing money around. He is the most prudent and honest man you can ever meet in this your hopeless life.

Go get a life jo!!!!!!
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2009
slimghost:

@Mr President.

What loot? because the man is not throwing money around. He is the most prudent and honest man you can ever meet in this your hopeless life.

Go get a life jo!!!!!!

Dont tell me your castration surgery still hurts! tongue

ewu okija
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Chiddysville(m): 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ mrprsident,
you've just comfirmed it to the whole world that you're truly a product of a leaking condom.what loot are you talking about? Do you think it is business as usual? The change we desperately needs in Nigeria has started in Anambra state. I don't know why i'm replying you cos your ignorance is comfounding. Mumu
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2009
@Chiddysville,
Just leave the numbskull alone and let him revel in his ignorance and plain stupidity. bloody rodent.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by biggjoe(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2009
If you call those things in onitsha a stadium then I will conclude that you have either not seen it before or you love Obi so much.

Which taxi sef? Is the KIA being run by GUO and others or the ANIDS taxi they handed out to their friends and family that are currently using virtually all of them as private cars and paying the government a paltry sum monthly. If you want to see taxi scheme in action go to enugu or asaba.

See, Peter Obi is no saint. forget all his propaganda. And when people always come up with the defense that its because he is not throwing money around, I wonder whether you have thought about some things.

Like, why is he working comfortably with Andy uba guys in the house of assembly without any problems.

Dont you think its because he is doing better than Andy did for them? Think about that.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by MrCrackles(m): 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
Topic
He has employed his family members!
cool
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by otunnegi1(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2009
slimghost:

@Mr President.

Go get a life jo!!!!!!

you are the gargantuan fool,nwokem.Obi has failed

slimghost:

@Chiddysville,
Just leave the numbskull alone and let him revel in his ignorance and plain stupidity. bloody rodent.

somebody is talking sense and you are rubbishing the person for nothing.agbero
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2009
@Bigjoe.
Pls get ur facts right before yarning dust.
Those stadiums are of the same standard(if not better) with the Enyimba stadium.And the indoor sports building is also very ok.(because it was Peter Obi that built'em, all of a sudden it becomes sub standard)
Coming to the taxi's,stop making baseless assumptions. If you have someone to surety you, you can get one of those taxis for urself, provided you can pay up within three years.Lets not bring sentiments into these things and make ourselves look stupid trying to rubbish Peter Obi.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
slimghost:

@Bigjoe.
Pls get your facts right before yarning dust.
Those stadiums are of the same standard(if not better) with the Enyimba stadium.And the indoor sports building is also very ok.(because it was Peter Obi that built'em, all of a sudden it becomes sub standard)
Coming to the taxi's,stop making baseless assumptions. If you have someone to surety you, you can get one of those taxis for urself, provided you can pay up within three years.Lets not bring sentiments into these things and make ourselves look stupid trying to rubbish Peter Obi.

With an initial deposit of N600,000.00 I dont think so!! How is an unemployed youth supposed to get 600,000.00 capital on a credit business. He still has to pay almost 3 million for the vehicle over a period of 3 years. The plan sucks. If I had 600,000.00 I'll buy a nice tokunboh car and use it for car hire!!

The vehicles ended up in the hands of politicians and the well-to-do who use is for personal transport. That's not a problem though because it was too expensive for the enemployed. What a Poverty reduction strategy!!
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Chiddysville(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Ujujoan,
what part of Anambra are you? Because it seems you are blind or nevertheless choose to be and you can't claim to know my house better than i do. I hardly talk and i'm not here to play to the gallery but to give honor to whom honor is due. Since the creation of Anambra state, no governor both military and civilian has accomplished quarter of what mr peter obi achieved in three yrs. Anambra people's money working for Anambra people Period! You cannot mention peaceful and sincere democracy in Nigeria without mentioning his name. Though he is still relatively young and not a noise maker, he has left his mark on the sands of time. He is a role model to many which you can't take away from him. What an achiever!!!
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
Chiddysville:

@Ujujoan,
what part of Anambra are you? Because it seems you are blind or nevertheless choose to be and you can't claim to know my house better than i do. I hardly talk and i'm not here to play to the gallery but to give honor to whom honor is due. Since the creation of Anambra state, no governor both military and civilian has accomplished quarter of what mr peter obi achieved in three yrs. Anambra people's money working for Anambra people Period! You cannot mention peaceful and sincere democracy in Nigeria without mentioning his name. Though he is still relatively young and not a noise maker, he has left his mark on the sands of time. He is a role model to many which you can't take away from him. What an achiever!!!

You know your arguments are absolute rubbish if you dont back it up with facts. Just because you are an indegine (which I am also) dosent mean you know squat about what is goin on in the State. Like I said in my earlier posts, I dont know about the other things the guy listed but I DO know about the Taxis because I was directly involved. Infact on APGA Cheiftain that stays in my compound still has 2 of those vehicles parked. Every morning he goes to wokr with any one he wants!!

I dont argue the fact that Peter has been the best Gov. in Anambra so far but that is not an acheivement seeing as Anambra State has had nothing but losers as Governors since the inception of the State. The only Gov. who has made a mark in the State (Ngige) is still a big threat to Peter Obi because despite the fact that he (Peter Obi) has had 4 uninterrupted years, he has still not been able to reach to the people the way Nigige (had had to fight the Ubas all through his tenure) had.

Granted he has acheived a lot in the area of Democracy and fighting for his right in court but that was not what the people voted him in to do. They put him there to spread the dividends of democracy to every citizen of the State and after 4 years he is yet to do that!

And the fact that you think he dosent do propaganda means you dont even know him. Because that's ALL he does!!
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by wildbello: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2009
@Ujujoan.

You just showed great ignorance and bias in your post. Do you even know the meaning of Democracy dividends? do you? Let me list the most important ones for you, Health,Education, Infrastructure,Security,Agriculture,Sports ,Finance and so on. lets take them 1 after the other,

1.Health - During his tenure, Onitsha general hospital, the teaching hospital and the nursing school were acredited.
He built an ultra modern cancer center,built a kidney dialysis center and also built hundreds of community hospitals.

2.Education - The only Polytechnic in Anambra state was acredited in his regime. He has been equiping secondary school's laboratories, erecting new blocks for hundreds of Schools in Anambra. He moved Asutech to Igbariam and is erecting more academic buildings there.

3.Infrastructure - I wont score him 100 percent here. Even at that, he has construted the largest amount of roads in Anambra state history.He is also the first Gov to erect two modern parks in Anambra state.He also help bring NNPC mega station to Anambra.The business park he erected, houses the STOCK XCHANGE bureau.

4.Anambra was the most peaceful state in Nigeria, before the series of sponsored kidnappings and robberies started. Its on record, that the Anambra state police is the most equiped unit in Nigeria.This man brought sanity to Upper Iweka motor park, by ridding it of touts(What other Puppet Govs couldnt do)

5.Sports. Construted two stadiums.

6.Agriculture. Farmers in Anambra havent had it like this before, with his loan scheme, farmers now find it easier with their occupation. Not to talk of the thousands of fertilizers being given out free to them.

What else do you hypocrites want from this man? to share money to everybody. Geez, Our problem is lack of enlightment and proper orientation. We like noisy people who make unrealistic promises and hype themselves unneccesarily.

I asked a question before, and am going to ask it again,
1. What 3 things did Ngige achieve in Office in his 2 yrs?
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2009
i went to Onitsha yesterday and saw the Parks being construted. First of it kind in Anambra, but of course, they wont value it because their level of enlightenment is so low. Also saw the business park and also the board of internal revenue quaters. Honestly, Peter Obi has a plan for Anambra state.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Chiddysville(m): 11:22am On Oct 15, 2009
@ ujujoan,
thanks for acknowledging that Mr Peter Obi is the best governor my dear Anambra state has had so far. Moreso, i will like to thank you for admitting total ignorance about the wind of change blowing in Anambra state. Let me restate it , i'm not here to defend Peter Obi ( as he can do that by himself) but to tell it the way it is.
Obi, on assumption of office pledged to do everything within his power 'address the problems of Anambra state in a comprehensive and holistic manner'. He has stuck to that through the govt initiated Anambra Integrated Development Strategy ( ANIDS)- through which all sectors are undergoing simultaneous development. This include the institution of governance, environment, health, housing, information and communication, lands, law and order, roads, transport, commerce and industry, urban development, water etc. This has brought about the gradual transformation of the state simultaneosly.
Furthermore, the governor in conjuction with UN-Habitat develop the master plan of Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka. These can only be achieved by a man that truly has the vision to transform Anambra state and you'll concure with me that with all these going on for the simultaneous transformation of the state, there is no money left for you 'dividends of democracy'.
Lest i forget, on the issue of Ngige, i think he needs to apologise to the good people of Anambra state for the atrocious acts he and his cohorts committed against the Anambra people. Firstly, he and his cohorts committed a sacrilege by stealing the votes of the people through acts of violence and shedding of innocent blood. Up till now, those innocent blood are still crying for justice.
As a knight of the church, he stooped so low, naked in front of a shrine to sign away the rights of Anambra people through an occultic oath just for selfish and materialistic gains. Have you taken out time to read his inaugural speech? He only remembered the people when their occultic deal went sour. Some of what really transpired, we would never know and up till date, he still have some scores to settle with his godfathers hence another violence in Anambra state we don't want.
Finally, from the facts stated above, and for the bettement of the future of our state, children and children's children we should go for a man of honour and Mr Peter Obi meets that criteria. He is really a man of honour. Thanks
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by youngalex(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2009
Well i appreciate the responses recieved so far,i have to acknowledge the administrative sagacity of the Governor,but the truth still remains that youth development constitutes an active ingredient to nation building;
Anambra state youths needs more than what is presently being done.
He has done well in the areas mentioned but i do know that youth development is an area he has not performed much,anyway lets see what happens in this election because i desire the happiness and comfort of young Anambrarians like me,i am presently entertaining discussions with some aspirants in the state so as to peruse through their campaign manifesto and possibly ascertain their sincerity of purpose towards youth development in the state.
This is a SERIOUS BUSINESS cos we will no longer recieve insults from people who kept on passing unwholesome comments on ANAMBRA YOUTHS in particular and NIGERIAN YOUTHS in general.
i rest my case:young.alex34@yahoo.co.uk
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by slimghost(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2009
@youngalex.

I understand your concerns, but be sure Peter Obi wont get everything right in just 4 years, it cant even be done in 8 yrs. all we need is leaders with focus and vision to get it right in the long run. Bear it in mind that it took years to bring Anambra state to the shameful state it was in four years ago. Believe it, we will get there with visionary leaders at the helm of affairs.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
SOLUDO will make the positive change we all desire
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by luckyCO(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2010
Soludo never wanted to be a politician, but he saw their threat and desperate need for PDP to regain Anambra state he agreed to contest with most empty & bombastic slogan that are meant for uneducated & dolly, he will change anambra to dubai & taiwan (Maybe Dubai & Taiwan CBN not anambra). He should behave like technocrat he is!

He abrogated Primaries,act selfishly because they woe him with President 2015 etc.

Let him ask Audu ogbe,Ngige,Tafa balogun,Okadigbo, wagbara etc what happened to them after devilishly supporting PDP.

If he abuse another process by being rigged to be governor, he will soon meet disaster he cant control in the same PDP and b4 he know it they will impeach him for his deputy since his deputy's zone has never produced governor.

He should be very careful dancing with hot iron.
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by mamagee3(f): 1:18am On Jan 06, 2010
Absolutely Nothing. sad
Re: What Has Gov. Peter Obi Done To Reduce Unemployment In Anambra State by Godwithmen: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2010
Little do some NL guys know that employment is provided as government is working in all section,
also provided indirectly as the following unfolds;
Obi has done a lot. Obi has
completely rehabilitated Onitsha General Hospital, which is today
accredited. Today Amaku General Hospital is not only at the verge of
being accredited, it is being built by Obi into a Teaching Hospital.
As I write, Obi has completed nine buildings in the hospital: Central
Pharmaceutical Stores, House Officers' Quarters, Consultants’ Clinic,
General Out Patients’ Clinic, Expanded Theatre, Male Ward, Female
Ward, Special Ward and Cold Room for storing Vaccines. Just on January
8, foundations for the Pharmacology, Pathology, Administrative,
Laboratory, College of Medicine and Radiology blocks, five in all,
were laid. The state had equally taken delivery of a ten 40-foot
container of hospital equipment containing state-of-the art equipment
such as CT scan.

Still on the health sector, hospitals were built such as the General
Hospital at Umueri, Cottage Hospital at Umunze and Psychiatric
Hospital at Nawfia. For the first time, Anambra State is today
renovating 15 General Hospitals in Ossamalla, Okija, Agulu, Amanuke,
Umuchu and others. School of Nursing and Midwifery at Nkpor and Health
Technology Obosi were all accredited during Obi’s regime. There are
many other developments in the health sector, where the previous administrations in the state did nothing.

In the area of education, as in other areas, Governor Obi has done
marvelously. Obi has built about
15 structures at the Anambra State University. These are not bogus
claims, some of them are the faculties of Law, Mass Communication,
Biological Sciences and Social Sciences. Obi has started the
development of the Permanent Site of the Institution with the
commencement of five more buildings and fencing of the areas totaling
about 27 kilometres. Other educational institutions are receiving
similar attention. On January 6, 2010, 108 30 KVA generators were
provided to the State’s Secondary Schools, while many of them have
been provided with laboratories, computers and boreholes. There is no
town in Anambra State where a school renovation project is not on
today and Anambra has 177 towns.

One can take the developments sector by sector and it is the same
story. Obi completed some on-going projects and initiated many
others. Some of the projects he completed were even started in the
70s, example of which is the giant Ministry of Justice building at
Onitsha. Even the
government buildings that were burnt down during his predissessor's
regime were rebuilt by Peter Obi,
the Goat Sellers of Upper Iweka were relocated to Ogbunike, the parcel of land was acquired last year
over which the Nation newspaper even wrote an editorial congratulating
Obi for showing example on the need to provide an alternative for
people before relocating them.
All these creates avenue for employment all over the state

(1) (Reply)

Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too / Your Veiw On Gej's Door To Door Campaign / Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.