Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road (1805 Views)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members / Reverend Father Escapes Death In A Terrible Accident Along Nneobi/Onitsha Road(p / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PH Express Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by mynaijainfo(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2016
[size=18pt]Enugu-Onitsha Road: Ugwuanyi Releases Fund for Rehabilitation.[/size]

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has commenced the rehabilitation of failed portions of the old Enugu-Onitsha road with the sum of N783 million, the state Commissioner for Information, Dr Godwin Udeuhele, has said.

Addressing newsmen on Thursday on the outcome of the state executive council meeting held on Wednesday night, Udeuhele said that the move was due to the hardship commuters were facing on the road.

He said that the contract, which covered three kilometers of the 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba road, was awarded to ANBEEZ Nig. Ltd. The commissioner said that several earth-moving machines were already on site. He said that the attention of the state government was drawn to the deplorable nature of the road, which he said, had threatened to cut the state off from Anambra.

He said that economic activities between the two sister states were brought to a halt due to the deplorable condition of the road. The commissioner said that the complete failure of the dual carriage Enugu-Onitsha expressway had made all vehicles to ply the old road, thereby causing failure of many portions of the road.

“This is sequel to the hardship caused by the deplorable nature of the road arising from heavy traffic occasioned by the impassable nature of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway,” he said. “The entire length of the road covers 9th Mile-Udi-Oji River-Ugwuoba, but we are working at the border between Enugu and Anambra states which has failed,” he said.

Udeuhele said that the state government, had three years ago, invested N4.794 billion on the road, stressing that the state had never neglected its portion of the old road. “The state government did some work on that particular section, but it got bad again when the volume of traffic increased as a result of the complete failure of the Enugu-Onitsha express road,” he said.

He said that government was moved to commence work on the road in spite of its lean resources since that was the only road that linked traders from Enugu and Ebonyi to the main market in Onitsha.

The commissioner appealed to the Federal Government to listen to the cries of the masses and rehabilitate Enugu-Onitsha expressway, which he said, had been neglected for more than 15 years. “Our traders and indeed, other business people move their goods on daily basis through that road and we don’t want to hinder the commercial activities going on in Onitsha.

“The Federal Government should expedite action on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway because we understand the contract has been awarded. They should do their own part,” Udeuhele said

SOURCE: http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/09/enugu-onitsha-road-ugwuanyi-releases-fund-for-rehabilitation/

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by chocolateme(f): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2016
Nice move..
Tomorrow if CNN carries these pictures, Nigerian government will start complaining.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by fearNORTH: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2016
Nice one gburugburu....
But we need more of your actions on the Fulani herdsmen menace.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2016
So great! I hope other S/E Govs rehabilitate failed portions of roads in their states. Umahi, Okorocha, Ikpeazu!!! This is a wake-up call.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by ojietu: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2016
The road is long overdue for rehabilitation.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Flexherbal(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Must things get out of hand, before our leaders will act!
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by nwasinachi(f): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Good one my good gov, Gov obiano pls join him. i am using this opportunity to call on well meaning igbos from d two sisters state to help. people like Arthur Eze, Obi jackson, Ohamadike and so many others should pls help. wey them? Enugu and anambra sens, should also help. Bikonu, ununnem, ndi nne na ndi bu nna, k'anyi ji ko aka onu we dozie ani'gbo.

4 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
This is one of the many injustice indigbo is suffering from caliphate Nigeria. From Balkanization to total neglect.... the civil war punishment continues.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by pacino26(m): 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
Till I drive through the road with drainage on the sides a year later, am not believing this story. All these temporal works to permit traffic during the last quarter of the yr makes no sense. In the end, it's gonna fail and we're back to square one.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
this kind of development is what we will be seeing if every state manages its resources and pay tax to the fg. in that case, no more waiting for federal govt to work on important issues. Nigeria Needs Restructuring(NNR)
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
this kind of development is what we will be seeing if every state manages its resources and pay tax to the fg. in that case, no more waiting for federal govt to work on important issues. Nigeria Needs Restructuring(NNR). @dj_jessejay
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by raker300: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op, stop talking nonsense.

He's fixing the enugu section of the express way.
Anambra state govt has fixed there's.

Funny thing tho, it's a federal road...
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by princepee: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
For the first time gburugburu is doin something positive, since he was elected.
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by PentiumProf: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is becoming a good dog

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by ogawisdom(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
grin kudos to the fasting and praying Governor
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Sirrexninefour(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
Yagazie nkeoma!

Gburugburu jebe ejebe!

Deje o!
cool
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by roughdiamond(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
Nice of Gburugburu. I just wish Anambra contributes too
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by basilo101: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Its not the expressway, its the Old road which is a perfect alternative. Kudos though

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by mrvitalis(m): 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2016
blues20:
This is one of the many injustice indigbo is suffering from caliphate Nigeria. From Balkanization to total neglect.... the civil war punishment continues.
This is the foolishness most igbos have... Everything is marginalization.. which region has better Road network... We supported Jonathan.. Had our son at some point as minister of works yet he did nothing
Until we igbos understand that our problem is not North or west but just that we have poor representation from our leaders we won't move forward as a region

Call me names.. I don't care but I have said my mind

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by wheredemdey: 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2016
mrvitalis:

This is the foolishness most igbos have... Everything is marginalization.. which region has better Road network... We supported Jonathan.. Had our son at some point as minister of works yet he did nothing
Until we igbos understand that our problem is not North or west but just that we have poor representation from our leaders we won't move forward as a region

Call me names.. I don't care but I have said my mind

Our son indeed....

Pls name one igboman that have ever held the post of works minister since the inception of democracy 17yrs ago??

Mike onolomehn(hope I got that right) is from edo and he did the lagos-benin road....

@topic

Thank goodness the fat cry baby governor had finally woken up.... Willie Willie of anambra should start from umunya and rehabilitate the road to unizik junction

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by chi4ik4(m): 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
princepee:
For the first time gburugburu is doin something positive, since he was elected.
you just a silly he goat, are you in Enugu to ascertain his projects in Enugu, for your information, he is currently the best governor Enugu state has ever produced. both urban and rural areas are enjoying massive development. go to Enugu and see tinx yourself

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
blues20:

Afonja will pretend they are not seeing this but rear their ugly heads when they see IPOB...
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by Simeonnwabeks: 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
Real2020:

Afonja will pretend they are not seeing this but rear their ugly heads when they see IPOB...

When your kids start cursing you for blaming everyone for your misfortune then you will know sup. Keep shouting afonja while poverty continue to slap your flat head.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by princepee: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2016
chi4ik4:
you just a silly he goat, are you in Enugu to ascertain his projects in Enugu, for your information, he is currently the best governor Enugu state has ever produced. both urban and rural areas are enjoying massive development. go to Enugu and see tinx yourself
oga u re a big foo,l what Sullivan did in his 100days in office gburugburu can not achieve even in 8yrs its not by mouth. I guess u re One of his paid agent and u tryin to justify ur pay.. pls tell him to stop crying about and do something about the fulani heardsmen. 042 ga diririnma.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by discusant: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2016
See federal road. What a failed country, Nigeria!!!
Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2016
raker300:
Op, stop talking nonsense.
He's fixing the enugu section of the express way. Anambra state govt has fixed there's.
Funny thing tho, it's a federal road...
Anambra state fixed what Exäctly? Do you even know the road we are talking about?

1 Like

Re: Gov Ugwuanyi Saves South East, Moves To Rehabilitate Old Enugu-Onitsha Road by osile2012: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2016
[size=18pt]Nice on Gburugburu its about time. The Anambra one is still intact. I wonder who did that road in enugu that did not last up to 2 years..[/size]

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: #OndoDecides – Fresh Results Update From Polling Units Trickle In / Senate Begins Probe Of Buhari Over missing $6.9bn Nnpc Funds / "My People Don't Be Afraid. They Can't Conquer Us," Gov. Fayose Sings And Dances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.