Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members (16351 Views)

US: Why We Are Helping Nigeria Rehabilitate Repentant Terrorists / 2019: Buhari, Atiku Unveil Plans As Campaigns Begin / FG Moves To Rehabilitate Enugu Airport, Plans To Destroy Illegal Structures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Blue3k2: 5:41am On Sep 27, 2017
By Uchenna Inya

Governors of the South-East geopolitical zone yesterday, said plans were underway to empower and rehabilitate members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in their respective states into a meaningful venture.

Chairman of the South- East Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief Dave Umahi stated this in Ishielu Local government area of the state during the celebration of the state’s peace day. He noted that the governors had reached a resolution bearing in mind that some of the youth were misled into joining the outlawed IPOB group. He said Ebonyi state would soon commence the rehabilitation and empowerment exercise for the youth who were misled into joining IPOB in the state.

Besides, the governor, who disclosed that South-East Governors had been commended and condemned since they announced the proscription of IPOB, said that they had no apologies for their action as they would still do the same if such situation presents itself again. Umahi said: “As governors, we have said that some of these youths were misled into doing this group. We agreed that they must be re-absorbed and reintegrated back into the society and rehabilitate them to get something doing with their hands.

“I will ask the for Youths Empowerment to open a register where some of these youths who were misled into joining this group will come and enter their names. By my words, we must rehabilitate them into meaningful venture in Ebonyi state. “On the issue of proscribing IPOB, people were sending us text messages, some were commending us, some were condemning us, and some were praising us while some abused us. But our people must know something: agitation does not mean insulting the leaders of AlaIgbo. “It is not about insulting the sitting President. It is not about insulting other tribes.

You can’t achieve anything from that. You cannot. It is by peace that a house is built. And I think that the issue of agitation, when you make your point, it should not degenerate into self-help. “As governors, we make all efforts to see that there is real peace.

So, we sat as governors to proscribe IPOB. We did that to save 12 million lives of Igbo that are living in Northern Nigeria and other parts of the country. And we have no apologies for saving the lives of not only Igbo but other ethnic groups that are within the South-East. “If the opportunity comes again, we will be unrepentant to do same.

“It is not about having ministers and all that. It is about giving the South- East additional state. It is about creating more local government areas to be like others. Other ones come and go but these are very important things that will help us develop.”

Source: https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/09/biafra-seast-govs-unveil-plans-rehabilitate-ipob-members/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by 9inches(m): 5:43am On Sep 27, 2017
Day don break. Agbaghi uzo owelle mgba, onaghi echi.

1 Like

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Blue3k2: 5:47am On Sep 27, 2017
This funny on so many levels. The grand plan is more states and local governments. Is this what they meant by fairness and equity when they kept using that talking point. Oh well I want to see which IPOB going to sign up.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by fk001(m): 5:59am On Sep 27, 2017
Nnamdi KANU is no where to be found, and this Biafran issue is getting boring and stiff day by day.

Does it mean Nnamdi kanu is the king of chestbeaters without him IPOB are nothing.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by GavelSlam: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2017
Just as we thought.

Jobless youths.

Please rehabilitate them.

They need a future.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by littlewonders: 6:03am On Sep 27, 2017
Facts: Do you know Nigeria is the only country that has produce the highest number of senseless funny leaders.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by potent5(m): 6:08am On Sep 27, 2017
The youth do not need rehab. They want you to put a stop to all the embezzlement and corruption perpetrated by you governors. You should rehabilitate the roads and other facilities in the five states before you ask for additional state, ndioshi.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by kuuljay(m): 6:10am On Sep 27, 2017
First of all they need IDP camp,to cater for displaced bss,just like the north east, no marginalisation pls,

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by oluwafemi113(m): 6:15am On Sep 27, 2017
IPOB
news
ALL
THE
TIME

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by PureMe01: 6:24am On Sep 27, 2017
fk001:
Nnamdi KANU is no where to be found, and this Biafran issue is getting boring and stiff day by day.

Does it mean Nnamdi kanu is the king of chestbeaters without him IPOB are nothing.
I will remind u of dis statement someday soon.u made same statement wen he was imprisoned. u made a tougher one wen he was released on ridiculous bail conditions yet IPOB grew stronger. hope u are ready to shift d goalpost again soon?
he was in prison for two years, dat didn't stop IPOB.so even after ten years IPOB will only be a more formidable movement. Biafra is a religion,not Human.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by truthtosinknaij: 6:35am On Sep 27, 2017
They need to produce Nnamdi Kanu and his parents and also tell us how many people they killed needlessly because they want to rule a zoo.

7 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by SaiNigeria: 6:38am On Sep 27, 2017
Funny idiots.... you want rehabilitate the whole region

Or they think it's only those that are always on the way to Afaraukwu and on the streets protesting are the IPOB members

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 27, 2017
Who are the rehabilitating?

Let them provide basic amenities first

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by libertyhope2017: 6:43am On Sep 27, 2017
These people keep insulting and pushing IPOB to the wall. When did IPOB say they have a problem and need rehabilitation?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by dometome: 6:46am On Sep 27, 2017
GavelSlam:
Just as we thought.
Jobless youths.
They need a future.
I am a member and I don't even live in the zoo.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by attackgat: 6:47am On Sep 27, 2017
The Governors in Igbo labd collectively are a joke. One thing that opration Python dance showed was that they do not have leaders who stand up for them. At the end of the day, the Governors are just political slaves of Abuja, and by extension, the North.

One thing is clear, Nnamdi Kanu was right that participating in the polical process of Nigeria is a waste of time

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Homeboiy: 6:47am On Sep 27, 2017
I see

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Eastfield1: 6:48am On Sep 27, 2017
this people are funnny.
did IPOB ask them for rehabilitation?
it is them who need to rehabilate their brain

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by sirugos(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2017
Useless Governors...

5 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by ProWalker: 6:51am On Sep 27, 2017
dometome:

You are part of a dangerous terrorist group that the govt of wherever you are living should be deported back to the zoo so you can come and practice what you preach
Come home, you need the rehabilitation too
Nonsense

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by GavelSlam: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2017
dometome:

Big deal.

Doesn't mean you aren't jobless.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by ProWalker: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2017
attackgat:
The Governors in Igbo labd collectively are a joke. One thing that opration Python dance showed was that they do not have leaders who stand up for them. At the end of the day, the Governors are just political slaves of Abuja, and by extension, the North.

One thing is clear, Nnamdi Kanu was right that participating in the polical process of Nigeria is a waste of time

Did igbos queue to vote these people or not?
A people deserve the leaders they get as the leaders are a reflection of the society values.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by PointZerom: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2017
GavelSlam:
Just as we thought.
Jobless youths.
They need a future.

Igbo youths jobless?
Laziness is not our forte I am sure you know this.

13 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by GavelSlam: 6:54am On Sep 27, 2017
attackgat:

Did you lot not vote for them?

Or are you saying you lot cannot be democratic?

4 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by PointZerom: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2017
ProWalker:

Did igbos queue to vote these people or not?
A people deserve the leaders they get as the leaders are a reflection of the society values.

Buhari is not better.

8 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by ProWalker: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2017
PointZerom:

Igbo youths jobless?

Sharrrrraaaaaapp
The video we've been seen haz proven that igboland is sitting on a time bomb with the level of jobless youths ww see during the jogging exercise you call protests.
Yoi can't know better than the governors and stop playing ostrich

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by ProWalker: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2017
PointZerom:

Buhari is not better.

Keep shut, we are discussing ipob and your part of the zoo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by PointZerom: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2017
GavelSlam:

Did you lot not vote for them?
Or are you saying you lot cannot be democratic?

Buhari and your state governor you voted for, what hv they done for you?.

10 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by PointZerom: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2017
ProWalker:

ProWalker Keep shut, we are discussing Nigeria and your part of the zoo

ok

1 Like

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by GavelSlam: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2017
PointZerom:

Igbo youths jobless?

Your governors think otherwise.

Joblessness doesn't always equate with laziness anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by Ogonimilitant(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2017
The south east governors are the most usless governors on earth.
Do you think those agitators are hungry?

I pity Igbo People. I saw amnesty given to bokoran by FG

I saw amrnesty given to Niger delta militants by FG, even our people were sent abraod as part of the programme to study.

I saw Opc given given armnesty.

But South East Governors, after military invasion of your state and the killing of your people,
You governors are talking of rehabilitation of your people by state governors who cant even pay salaries.

Shame on Igbo Governors. You are the problem of your people

11 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Unveil Plans To Rehabilitate IPOB Members by GavelSlam: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2017
PointZerom:

Buhari and your state governor you voted for, what hv they done for you?.

Be shifting goalposts.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onnoghen: How Osinbajo Confirmed Buhari Not In Charge Of Govt – Fayose / Ogun Council Chairmen Prostrate, Beg Governor Abiodun / Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.