Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,826 members, 7,828,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? (6353 Views)

"Which Would You Pick, A Tecno CX Or A Samsung Galaxy S4?" / Track A Missing Phone Without Any Tracker / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by jedaii(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
I have a Samsung s2 too the screen broke a year and half ago couldn't fix it not because I had the money but I preferred to get a fone than fixin it.. Samsung make nice fones tho
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Mattex001(m): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tallesty1:
The outer glass
(touch pad or calibrator) and screen of most Samsung Phones Come together and you must change the two when one breaks.

That's pure misinformation, I have changed the outta glass on my previous phones S3 and S4 countless times!

You probably don't know it's possible to change the outta glass without tempering the inner LCD screen

Go watch some YouTube videos.
I'm about to change the outta glass of my note 3 because I noticed a small crack just yesterday and my middle button key is not very responsive again.. I called my engineer and he said it's ₦3000 to change the outta glass, I have ordered the middle button from aliexpress for $1 when it arrives I'll take it to him.

So it's very possible to change the outta glass, although just a few engineers knows how to go about this, they have a special machine which heats up the glue btw the glass and the inner LCD.

1 Like

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by obynaDmob(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
celestialAgent:
lol, same with mine.

Donno know whether to add money and buy a new phone and just repair the damn screen undecided

Did you get another phone? If yes, what type and how can you compare the functionality?

I got an LG bello...i cant compare it to my s4 sha, better it than using 30k to repair screen in dz recession

1 Like

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by celestialAgent(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
obynaDmob:

I got an LG bello...i cant compare it to my s4 sha, better it than using 30k to repair screen in dz recession
make sense..

How much did u get it? or you had it before?
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Tallesty1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mattex001:

That's pure misinformation, I have changed the outta glass on my previous phones S3 and S4 countless times!

You probably don't know it's possible to change the outta glass without tempering the inner LCD screen

Go watch some YouTube videos.
I'm about to change the outta glass of my note 3 because I noticed a small crack just yesterday and my middle button key is not very responsive again.. I called my engineer and he said it's ₦3000 to change the outta glass, I have ordered the middle button from aliexpress for $1 when it arrives I'll take it to him.

So it's very possible to change the outta glass, although just a few engineers knows how to go about this, they have a special machine which heats up the glue btw the glass and the inner LCD.
Calm down oga, I have owned both the screen separator and screen laminating machines.

I don't need to watch YouTube movies to know what used to do for a living.

S3 and s4 are just two out of many Samsung Phones.

1 Like

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by adeoladeola(f): 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
Joel3:
how much is samsung screen protector?

Just 1500.
Infact if you price it well, you'll get it for 1k. Better than having to spend 45k on the screen.
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Mattex001(m): 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tallesty1:
Calm down oga, I have owned both the screen separator and screen laminating machines.

I don't need to watch YouTube movies to know what used to do for a living.

S3 and s4 are just two out of many Samsung Phones.

So what's your point ? undecided
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Frenchkiss(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
forlahkhe:
Majority of samsung phone users complain about the fragile screen. Even my own samsung phone's screen got broken few weeks after purchase. Although, d broken screen stl work perfectly bt i keep wondering y sansung wld b so dubious dt they make their phone s screen so fragile and stl sell their phones @ expensive price. I stl av my techno of 3yrs and d screen is stl intact....... The amount you wil get another screen for your samsung phone is enough to buy an android phone. Owning a samsung phone could b a waste of money @times.SMH!
True. My S5 broke mysteriously after 3 months of purchase. Screen still works fine but acts up whenever brightness is set to the lowest. I guess it will eventually short down but in a long time from now.
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by sarutobie(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mattex001:

So what's your point ? undecided
better question..
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by voyy: 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=celestialAgent post=49661269]wht about 15k.. To go to Ikeja from where I am sef is about 4k

[size=18pt]s4 used screen is needed in Ibadan[/size][/quote

ok ........ just called him nw, but he said my model is an american spec ..... if urs is same ...... u can come for it bro .....
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Dygeasy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
Khaliyah:
Most of them are usually very careless, know off a case that a girl stepped on gs3 with her pointed heel d screen broke bn still working perfectly!!!
My own case na my heavy sis match my gs5, it was working until it feel again from my hand

1 Like

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by voyy: 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
celestialAgent:
wht about 15k.. To go to Ikeja from where I am sef is about 4k

[size=18pt]s4 used screen is needed in Ibadan[/size]

ok no p ........ just called him nw, but he said my model is an
american spec ..... if urs is same ...... u can come for it bro
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by celestialAgent(m): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
voyy:

ok no p ........ just called him nw, but he said my model is an
american spec ..... if urs is same ...... u can come for it bro
Aiit, will contact you soon.
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by johnydon22(m): 5:27am On Sep 26, 2016
kowalsky:

Hehe. That fone is totally useless without the screen.
I go manage am like that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by mikool007(m): 7:21am On Sep 26, 2016
ricky8996:
Mine still intact grin
u'll soon join d club don't worry...nt long nw
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by toluwanimi07(m): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2016
kowalsky:

57k here.
For my gs6. Just kept the phone somewhere. Id rather buy a new gs7 than repair it
Would u sell ur gs6 as scrap?
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 26, 2016
mikool007:
u'll soon join d club don't worry...nt long nw
Dont think xo
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Sanchez01: 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Mattex001:
As for me me I'm very meticulous as to how I use my phone! Never experienced a crack before and have been using my phone for 2years now.

Get a tempered glass screen protector, its more safer.

Btw we should also note that there is a difference between outta glass and the main screen of the phone

Outta glass for s4 is 3k while main screen can be very expensive tho, which makes keeping wondering why?!

Are they practically saying the screen of the phone is about 40% of the cost of making the phone!

Meanwhile I think aliexpress or Amazon is a better platform to buy phone parts it's cheaper.
@the bolded, it's totally unwise to buy a thing from them right now, considering the price of the Dollar against the Naira.
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by kowalsky: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Would u sell ur gs6 as scrap?

nahh
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by sirqeeboi(m): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ave been using my s5 since two years now...the phone has been falling from my hand ..hardly a weeK pass that it will fall 2 times..buh I change my screen guard when there is too much Crack on it..so if u use glass screen guard it will be secure. .
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Mattex001(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2016
Sanchez01:

@the bolded, it's totally unwise to buy a thing from them right now, considering the price of the Dollar against the Naira.

Youre obviously right. But how long do u keep waiting ?

1$ is just 400+
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Sanchez01: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
Mattex001:

Youre obviously right. But how long do u keep waiting ?

1$ is just 400+
Truth is, waiting would take at least two years to see the dollar return to 190+ or 200-. There are some things that I've been meaning to buy on AE a while now, but cannot do so because of the dollar. I don't need to wait and trying would be suicidal.
Re: You Will Hadly See A SAMSUNG Phone Without A Broken Screen.....bt Y? by Norman4real(m): 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
Samsung phones actually have strong screens but i think the problem is that most of the phones in Africa especially the "Uk used" refurbished phones are tampered with and the gorilla glass pannels are replaced with duplicated cheap ones which easily break.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Streaming Setting / Confirmed: Airtel Android 1+1 Data Promo Of 4GB Is Back, With Screenshot / Is This Why Tecno Phones Are Crap.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.