Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. (27195 Views)

Man Who Turned Against God, Became An Atheist Found God Again After Many Years / Ex-atheist From Reddit Finds God, Attests To Hatred Towards God And Christians. / 10 Times The Great Ex-atheist C.S. Lewis Made The Case For Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by khristal87(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2016
Lennycool:
Wetin this one they talk sef
I knw u wnt undastnd probably u studied CRS education frm unimaid
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by God2man(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2016
Great testimony.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by emmydollars4life(m): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Lennycool:

Didn't Allah also say that?
what is Allah in English ? pls don't drag me that far, also CHECK IF ABRAHAM IS THE SAME AS IBRAHIM, Mary as mirian, lets leave that for another day.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Donnetimmy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
I use to believe in God in abstract before now but I've started doubting the existence of God, most atimes I just don't feel his presence at all even when I try to be sinless everything is just dead.

pls I need help
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Donnetimmy:
I use to believe in God in abstract before now but I've started doubting the existence of God, most atimes I just don't feel his presence at all even when I try to be sinless everything is just dead.

pls I need help
I know the feeling, it was the begging of my transition into atheism. The things that once seemed to make so much sense, become vague. As a former christian it is with totally honesty I tell you that all human gods do not exist outside the mind of the believer.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by ValentineMary(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2016
winner01:
You are terribly dishonest. Those countries are religious if you include other religions, they have a large chunk of their population religious, yet they are prospering in every way.

By your stupidity, U.S.A which has 76% christians is meant to suffer regression because of the number of religious folks.

Russia aint 41% christian, rather they are 75% christian. Are they less better than countries who have more atheists?

China will be the largest christian country in the next 15 years, will they suffer too?

Those are world powers.

Stop being stupid and address the problem. We need education, good and trustworthy leaders and development orientation. You dont need to blame your woes on religion.
When U.K was deeply religious, it prospered rapidly.
You have no point, you are just a hate filled and bigoted individual who thinks religion is the problem of the world. Stalin thought so too.
Dude those data was from wikipedia as at yesterday. Be current in ur search.

Read:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Russia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Germany

Lying to make urselve look smart ain't cool at all bro try to be honest for once.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by ValentineMary(m): 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You disgraced and embarrassed Valentinemary , hopefullandlord and Lennycool cheesy

Gosh , it's a shame they continued arguing even after being pummeled left , right and center cheesy

Atheists have the stupidest arguments - not forgetting the lies they tell .

Iceland is an atheist country really ? People with less than 10 percent of their population as atheists . Atheism is full of deceit , lies and stupidity .

theist : Give me evidence there is no designer

Atheist : sand dunes

Theist : what about cells , living things , consciousness , the brain , humans , the universe , planets , sun , moon , intelligence , cognition , the complexity of life

Atheist : ....

Theist : sorry I didn't get you

Atheist : ....

Theist :
U sef u know I don't take u serious.

U just willingly ignore when I said I don't want to argue on evolution now. Keep croping people statement by 70% I don't know what u stand to gain. Not as if xtian population would be on the increase for that.

But if u wanna argue on evolution, u can open a thread with no memes and copy/paste work so that we would have a good discussion on the topic.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by UyiIredia(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
I think there's need for a story like this but from a Nigerian atheist. Maybe we can get an NL atheist to convert.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
UyiIredia:
I think there's need for a story like this but from a Nigerian atheist. Maybe we can get an NL atheist to convert.
We have converts, but few or no stories.

This is the nearest i could get.
https://www.nairaland.com/3280224/finally-found-him/5#49697368
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 7:38am On Oct 02, 2016
khristal87:

I knw u wnt undastnd probably u studied CRS education frm unimaid
lmao grin
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Damirexnuga: 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
. . Exhales. .
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
Damirexnuga:
. . Exhales. .
why?
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
Donnetimmy:

pls I need help
God exists whether or not man chooses to acknowledge Him.
It is human to doubt. But how you handle doubt matters a lot. You can pm me so we can discuss better.
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by winner01(m): 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
smiley
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukaNaija: 10:37am On Dec 15, 2016
Truth
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by KingEbukaNaija: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Na wa oo
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Godismysaviour(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
ValentineMary:

Christiana and hateful bigotry That's how u preach the "good news" abi no.wonder u guys are quickly losing members.

The bible said so many things also like kill ur stubborn kids, kill unbelievers, etc. Why do u uphold this over those verses

Let's get something clear here. There are 5,000 Gods. Which one do u mean? if u mean only Yahweh, then this is absolute bigotry. The same way those who worship Omenra think u have been mislead by the white man and u are feeling guilty for not worshipping the right God.

Is disbelief in a deity now a sin waw that deity must either be egocentric or insecure.

You said there are more than 5000 Gods, that is wrong. There are more than 5000 gods (use the lowercase "g" to pluralise other vain gods and goddesses while you use the uppercase "G" to refer to the one and only true God). People say, "There are three Gods in one God" but it is wrong. "There are three God in one God". The same applies here, people say, "The fruits of the spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control; against such, there is no law", but it is, "The fruit of the spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control; against such, there is no law".

I'm not here to cause an argument but to say that there are several gods and goddesses, all of which can do miracles, Yes. But there is only one God who can forgive sins even after seventy times seven.

Believe in God, it's for your own good; don't believe in God, he's still God and nothing will change it.

It's not his will for you and I to perish, do ask for forgiveness now!
Re: How I Found God: Marilyn Adamson (ex-atheist) Shares Her Experience. by Godismysaviour(m): 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lennycool:

Omen see case oh, them send you undecided Guilt ke? God was created because early men could not explain what they saw around them, so they created mystical stories with magic and fairy tales, this is why every culture has its idea of a God. Because they simply couldn't explain with their limited knowledge what they saw. Christianity is just more popular today and hence it's God is widely accepted.

God has no beginning and no end. Everybody believes that there is a supreme being who created the world (therefore an atheist is "one who doesn't believe there is a supreme being" and not just 'one who doesn't believe in God'. One who doesn't believe in God is an unbeliever and all atheists are unbelievers) but different tribes and cultures follow and seek this supreme being through wrong routes and with wrong motives, that's why native doctors serve amadioha because they believe he's that supreme being and their wrong motives are to perform wickedness, to terminate others destinies, etc. But the God I serve knows what is good for His people and that's what He does for them.

When one goes to a native doctor, that god does what the customer wants but when one goes to God, God does what He Himself knows is best for his children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Factors That Can Lead To Sexual Impurity / Jonathan Shuttlesworth: "Bishop Oyedepo Laid Hands On Me & I Got $1.1m After" / "Wake Up And Take Your Country Back In 2019" - Father Mbaka Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.