Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning (1428 Views)

Invite Goodluck Jonathan For Questioning, Northern Clerics Tell Security Agencie / $20m Accounts: EFCC To Invite Patience Jonathan / Presidency Moves Against Fayose, Aides To Be Invited For Questioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Scatterscatter(m): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2016
Having frozen her personal account with a balance of $5m as well as four other accounts linked to her with a balance of$15.6m, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission is set to invite Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of former President Goodluck Jonathan.Impeccable sources at the EFCC toldSUNDAY PUNCHthat detectives had visited the Skye Bank branch on Adeola Hopewell, Victoria Island, where the accounts were opened and had obtained the files containing Patience’s information.The source told our correspondent that the detectives had been able to establish a prima facie case of money laundering and forgery against Patience.It will be recalled that as part of investigations into a former Special Adviser to the President on Domestic Affairs, Waripamowei Dudafa, the EFCC traced four company accounts to him all domiciled at Skye Bank.The bank accounts of the four companies — Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited; Seagate Property Development and Investment Company Limited; Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Limited; and Globus Integrated Service Limited — were said to have been opened with stolen identities.Some of the directors of the company were also said to be domestic servants of Dudafa who did not know that any account had been opened on their behalf.Shortly before the EFCC could arraign the suspects, Mrs. Jonathan deposed to an affidavit insisting that the monies belonged toher, a move which prompted the commission to beam its searchlight on Patience.A detective at the EFCC said, “After three months of investigation, I can confirm to you that we are set to invite Patience Jonathan. We obtained the files from the bank and we realised that those accounts with the $15m were opened with fake identity cards, including driving licences.“We took the cards and went to the Federal Road Safety Corps to verify if the cards were authentic. We found out that the cards were fake. So, this is not just money laundering buta clear case of fraud.“If they had nothing to hide, why did they go to this length?”While the companies have pleaded guilty, Patience insists that the money belongs to her but claims she does not know the companies.In an affidavit, one Sammie Somiari deposed to on behalf of Patience, Mrs. Jonathan claimed that Dudafa helped Patience to open the bank accounts in 2010.However, EFCC investigations revealed that the accounts were opened between 2013 and 2014.According to Somiari, Dudafa had on March 22, 2010 brought two Skye Bank officers to meet Patience at home to open five accounts.The deponent claimed that Patience was the sole signatory to the accounts.He, however, claimed that after the five accounts were opened, Patience later discovered that Dudafa opened only one of the accounts in her name while the other four were opened in the names of companies belonging to Dudafa.Meanwhile, sources within the agency told our correspondent that the commission had been under pressure to drop the case as there are plans by Patience’s supporters to embark on a series of protests this week.On Friday, scores of supporters of Mrs. Jonathan stormed the Port Harcourt zonal office of the EFCC asking the commission to stop probing her.They insisted that Patience, who is also from Rivers State, was innocent.The protesters, who were led by one Sara-Igbe Sukubo, a self-professed anti-corruption ambassador, said they were inthe commission to express their unhappinessand submit their letter of protest over what hecalled ill-treatment of Mrs. Jonathan.In his response, the South-South zonal head of the EFCC, Ishaq Salilu, told the protesters that the EFCC as a creation of law dischargesits responsibilities within the ambits of the law.He said, “The EFCC is a law-abiding organisation which discharges its duties not minding whose ox is gored. We do not shy away from our responsibilities. Where there isa case, we pursue it to its logical conclusion, if there is no case, there is none, we move to other things. The motto of the commission is ‘Nobody is above the law.’”Copyright PUNCH.
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by TPAND(f): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2016
Come 2019 I will revisit these post.

EFCC can never and cannot invite Patience Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2016
Good and after that, they shouldn't hesitate to invite amaechi, tinubu, oshiomhole and other indicted APC politicians too. Failure to do so will concretize and corroborate the notion that Buhari is just witch-hunting.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by sarrki(m): 8:43am On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

IF NOT WHY NOT
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Tolexander: 8:43am On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

The same way we thought Tompolo is so powerful and untouchable by any Nigerian leader
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by sarrki(m): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2016
blueto:
Good and after that, they shouldn't hesitate to invite amaechi, tinubu, oshiomhole and other indicted APC politicians too. Failure to do so will concretize and corroborate the notion that Buhari is just witch-hunting.

Bring a valid case against them

Op Pls add source
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by TPAND(f): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2016
Tolexander:
The same way we thought Tompolo is so powerful and untouchable by any Nigerian leader

so you compare Tompolo to Patience Jonathan. This case is closed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by joseph1832(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2016
It's about time Mama Piss got invited and tell us how she got access to billions of Naira, when even Wole Soyinka, with all his literary dexterity can't even boast of such a sum. grin
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by sarrki(m): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

so you compare Tompolo to Patience Jonathan. This case is closed

Who is she ?

Is she bigger than Nigeria ?

Abegi
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by TPAND(f): 9:00am On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

Who is she ?

Is she bigger than Nigeria ?

Abegi

Who is she. I bet you know her! But who are you!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by sarrki(m): 9:03am On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:

Who is she. I bet you know her! But who are you!

I am a law abiding citizen

Not member of any criminal gang (IPOB OR BOKO Haram )

I don't support criminals that have looted the country dry
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by TPAND(f): 9:05am On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

I am a law abiding citizen
Not member of any criminal gang (IPOB OR BOKO Haram )
I don't support criminals that have looted the country dry

In the spirit of sunday, I will say this. Let he that is without sin cast the first stone. Goodday!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by oluwadamilolah(f): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2016
Nice one. No one is above the law
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by pat1612(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2016
You have right to remain silent and she should do it or else bigger mess shocked shocked

My view please dont get offended grin grin
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Paperwhite(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2016
Corruption allegations were made with evidence against Amaechi,Fayemi,Buratai Danbazzuo,Saraki,Dogara,but the EFCC never acted on them.Well these are members of the party of saints.So they are so sacred that they are deemed untouchable. However,when it involves a non-APC member,you see them behaving like a rabid dog.Karma will still come calling for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by kcnwaigbo: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Tolexander:
So has Buhari been able to touch Tompolo?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2016
As much as I do not support corruption, but at the same time I still think that this war on corruption is a huge joke.
If the president is serious about the fight, he should first start with his party members and then take it up from there.
Charity, they say, begins at home.
If a former first lady can be invited for questioning and her accounts freezed, then I sincerely think that the former governor who now owns Lagos state, should be arrested.
What was the former governor's net worth before he ventured into politics or before he became governor?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Tolexander: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

So has Buhari been able to touch Tompolo?
He isn't touched, where is he?

Why has he been unable to come for his father's burial?
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2016
Buhari is currently the most divisive, partisan, ethno-religious and nepotistic leader that Nigeria has ever had.
He has openly displayed it, in words and deeds.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by kcnwaigbo: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Tolexander:

Lol very funny.Tompolo is back in the creeks and the Nigerian economy is in recession.That was exactly what we were trying to avoid in the first place and Buhari has not been able to stop Tompolo and his boys from blowing up the pipelines.If you think that Tompolo's inability to attend his father's burial is an achievement for Buhari then you are deluded.

If Buhari is unable to stop him from blowing up oil pipelines and crippling our economy then he is a very big fool.Whether Tompolo attends his father's burial or not does not affect our economy. Blowing up of pipelines does

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2016
Tolexander:
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by morbeta(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2016
This is what will hit the news about the interrogation of Mrs.jonathan.

EFCC: good morning Madam.
Pej: Thank you
EFCC: how many people are here with you?
Pej: Na only me waka come!
EFCC: Madam, can you prove how you got the money?
Pej: chai my hard earns money!! Chai
Pej: am acquiring it from "thank you's" people are telling me.
EFCC: madam, do you mean gratifications?
Pej: Na you sabi, just give me my hard earns money oooooo because all this accusement you people are acusing me, there is GOdoooooooo.
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

Bring a valid case against them

Op Pls add source
Shut up corruption defender, a sane and sincere person knows that many petitions(with substantiations) have been submitted to efcc against amaech and his gang of looters, but they have failed to respond to them, what happened to the presentation of evidence to buhari concerning N500m bribe received by his chief of staff?? what has buhari's efcc done concerning that?? http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/20/bihari-reportedly-receives-evidence-showing-chief-staff-kyari-took-n500m-bribe-mtn/ .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by sarrki(m): 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
blueto:
Shut up corruption defender, a sane and sincere person knows that many petitions(with substantiations) have been submitted to efcc against amaech and his gang of looters, but they have failed to respond to them, what happened to the presentation of evidence to buhari concerning N500m bribe received by his chief of staff?? what has buhari's efcc done concerning that?? http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/20/bihari-reportedly-receives-evidence-showing-chief-staff-kyari-took-n500m-bribe-mtn/ .

We are talking of Ameachi & tinubu you are talking of Abba kyari

I hate any politician that embezzle our common wealth

Let Wike and other Present Governors present a case to

EFCC
Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by EternalTruths: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
What of OBJ Tinubu Amaechi Buruntashi Dambazou undecided

1 Like

Re: Breaking News!! Efcc To Invite Patience Jonathan For Questioning by babdap: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Long overdue

(1) (Reply)

Militants Claim 24 Soldiers Captured, It’s Not True –army / Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? / Buhari Calls: FG Warns Nigerians Not To Switch Off Phones- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.