Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Harry Potter - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Potter (1349 Views)

Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! / Best Harry Potter Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Potter by biomic(f): 12:44am On Dec 22, 2006
The name of the long-awaited seventh and last Harry Potter book has been revealed today in a puzzle on the author's website.

Booksellers are already predicting that the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be the literary event of the year but a date has yet to be set by JK Rowling's publishers, Bloomsbury.

On her website Rowling, 41, admits that she is still writing the book about Harry's last year at Hogwarts school.

She said: "I’m now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more. I both want, and don’t want, to finish this book."

But she reassured expectant fans: "Don’t worry, I will."

The multi-millionaire recently hinted that two characters are expected to die in the finale - and Harry himself might not survive - saying: "We are dealing with pure evil here.

"They don’t target extras, do they? They go for the main characters - well, I do."

Ms Rowling reveals the title of the book through a puzzle and a game of hangman

Cracking the puzzle

If you go to www.jkrowling.com, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room with a window, a door and a mirror.

In the mirror, you will see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. Then click on the centre of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you will see a garland.

Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door.

Click on the parcel behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman.

You must guess which letters fill the gaps before revealing that the title of the new book will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Re: Harry Potter by princesa(f): 9:40am On Nov 22, 2008
oh well am not a Harry porter Fan
the last time i watched it, it looked so white washed for me undecided
Re: Harry Potter by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2008
princesa:

oh well am not a Harry porter Fan
the last time i watched it, it looked so white washed for me undecided

You probably got a pirated copy. But even if you get a copy from JKR herself, the Harry Potter movies are crap.
Re: Harry Potter by bluespice(f): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2008
the story on its own makes a screen production a daunting task
Re: Harry Potter by princesa(f): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2008
they are for people who glory in make-belive too much silliness jo sad
Re: Harry Potter by suprted(m): 7:05am On Nov 26, 2008
and yet you like light romances.
Re: Harry Potter by princesa(f): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
there are two different things entirely,
besides light romance got a resembalnce to reality
while harry post silliness happens in fairy tale and dreams sad
Re: Harry Potter by adelarin(f): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2008
hello, it seems you are not up to date, the final harry potter came out ages ago, i have a copy
Re: Harry Potter by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2008
D sudden luv for harry potter just came, n in my search i came across "harry potter and the six virgins" is it really by Rowling n what part it play? And true i hav a friend that has read book 7 some months back.

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Stay In School / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 2 / The Flower Girl Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.